Work permit

Hi,

if somebody can help me, please.
I company hire some expat on Mauritius have to show that will pay the person ticket for return home if something happen.
For airplane or boat.

How do company proof that? With just word on paper or have to buy ticket or how?

Thank you

Was not aware of that.

To get an occupational permit you need the following:

o    ‘Application for Occupation Permit' form to be filled and signed by applicant and employer
o    Registration Form for Professional
o    Passport, original + copy
o    Birth certificate, original + copy (If not in English or French, an authorized translated copy to be produced)
o    Four recent passport photographs
o    Evidence of professional qualifications - original
o    Copy of Certificate of Incorporation + Business Registration Card of Company employing the professional
o    Employment contract - copy
o    A medical certificate issued by a doctor in Mauritius, together with reports of HIV test, Hepatitis B, Surface Antigen test and X-ray report
o    Occupation permit fee: Rs10,000 for contract of 2 years or less, Rs15,000 for contract of more than 2 years (Office cheque only)

Hi Mojpe,

You need to provide to the passport and immigration office a bank guarantee of Rs40,000 (EEC countries) for each of the expat employees you will be bringing to Mauritius.

Make sure that you keep the ratio of 3 to 1 (local to expats).

[moderated: you can help on the forum].

Kind regards,

Krsna

Thank you

[Moderated: Off topic.]

adamsmole wrote:

Accountant jobs in Mauritius

Is your post asking if there any accountant jobs in Mauritius? If so you should consider the classifieds her eon Expat.

u need that?

@ashmex100 : Do you have any information concerning the work permit in Mauritius to share with the members?

For the security, you can either give them a bank guarantee, or cash money or a cheque drawn to Government of Mauritius.  Rates differ depending on the worker's country of origin. There's a full guideline available on the website of the Ministry of Labour. If you need a copy, I have one.

Thank you. Yes my wife and I are looking for help. Please tell me more about yourselves and when will you be moving to vienna

Vienna ? You're posting on the Mauritius forum  :/