Marriage certificate

has any married couple there been stopped in the street and
asked to produce their marriage certificate?
Does it need to be translated into Arabic?

Been in Riyadh here for just over 3 months. We have never been stopped! No need so far even to produce Iqama (hope it lasts)

Ionna,

Like SaudiUK, neither me nor my wife has ever had to produce a marraige Cert.

If you are worried about a translation then It will be a requirement for your husband to supply a translated copy of your marriage certificate to the Ministry when applying for your Iqama. (I am assuming that it is your husband that is the cause of your relocation)

My company gave me a copy of the translation when they applied for my wife's Iqama.

Whether you get asked for it or not there's no harm in having a copy with you, just in case. Mind you, if you apply this logic it is probably worth carrying a file with everything in it with you just in case.

My only tip on relocating to Saudi... "Bring lots of passport sized photos" Perhaps 30 should do the trick.

Thank you good advice..SaudiUK and Sandman

i dont think u will have to carry ur marriage certificate ever in saudi arabia...iqama (ID card) is enough as it will have the sponsors name/number on it. for being more clear, ur husband's iqama will have the name of his company, ie., his sponsor and ur iqama will have ur husbands iqama number/name on it.

Hi Ioanna,

I just posted the below on another post similar to yours, and i thought its easy for me to simply copy and paste it here as well.. hehe..

I am originally from Sri Lanka and married to a girl from the Philippines. And before we had kids, we've been stopped during certain occasions. I guess seeing a romantically involved couple smiling, giggling and walking along holding hands is something strange to them. Anyway, perhaps its also the fact that i'm chocolate brown and my wife is milky fair. hehe..

Once we showed our Iqama's (residence permits), that was quite sufficient for them. Mainly because you and your spouse will have the same Iqama number mentioned on it thus assuring them that you are indeed related.

But after we had kids, for the last 7 years we have never even been questioned. But truth be told, i always keep a translated copy of my marriage license in my car just in case

Regards,
Trevis

I have a related question about this topic. Do I really need to have the marriage license be stamped by saudi gov't. I believe its Ministry of foreign affairs. I have the license stamped by the phil. Embassy but recently I heard that for it is to ve valid it should a stamp from saudi govt. I have no idea which agency it would be. I just presumed its MOFA.pls help me on this one.

@ Ioanna!
It is very unlikely to be get checked and questioned to produce a marriage certificate. Iqama is enough to produce.

Informative topic. Thanks!

hello friend

how are you

Hello!
May I ask your advise fellow expatriates?
Where can we find a certified translator for an arabic marriage certificate into english?
I need it badly..thank you very much...

Hello!!!

why the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) here in riyadh didn't stamp our Marriage certificated which is issued by our Philippine Embassy. I have all my requirements now i don't know where i can go or which agency i need to go in order to continue my wife transfer.