Getting married in Brazil, Permanent Visa and documents required

RG or RNE?

:D

Now RG ....resigned that RNE card to the trashbin of Document pouches

How did you get that? Naturalization?

Yep , how else, started process in July 2017 , would have been wrapped up in March/April but I didn't even find out it had been published until the end of July

Def a good feeling, much bigger psychological impact than I could have imagined, plus it jumps my 53rd in the world ranking South African Passport up to 16th Place Brazilian , and I can have both so why not?

Plus I also felt I was treated very respectfully each set of the process, the PF , getting the Military document and finally the voting one....each place the people were friendly , helpful and positive....I did half of it it SJC then completed the final steps in Florianopolis....maybe in some of the big cities (SP/RIO) the experience would have been a little different

I'll do a full write up soon

Hello need help,
Married to a Brazilian wife. Have our Certidao de Casamento from Consulate here in Vanccouver. My Vitem XI permanent recidency under family reunion has been approved (Have the visa on my passport along with the white slip visa form).

However,
My father's second name is missing on the white Visa Form. Not sure how to approach this.

Consulate told us to register and have our marriage transcribed at Cartorio 1 in Sao Paulo, Praca de se.

The Vancouver Brazilian consulate said the Marriage Certificate should be okay without the need to present a Birth Certificate to Policia Federal (once we have the Cartorio 1 registration done).

When we processed our marriage I presented a copy of my birth certifictate (not authenticated/apostillized). I was born in the Philippines and naturalized Canadian Citizen.
My birth certificate has not been authenticiated by Department of Foreign Affairs in Philippines (Philippines not part of Apostille Hague). Neither has it been submitted for legalization in Brazilian Consulate in Manila (Philippines).

Will I have any troubles with the Federal Police about the name of my father's second name missing on the Visa form? Is our marriage certificate strong enough of a legal force document for them not to ask for Birth Certificate? (Our marriage certificate has all the correct informartion).

Should I just leave the visa form the way it is or should I do what the Vancouver consulate suggested? I'm just afraid they will ask me to present my Birth Certificate.

Any help would be appreciated (theres been some helpful people but just wondering if any  others have any suggestions).

Thanks

Not sure what is "white visa or form" but I think marriage certificate will be enough.

More important are the first name and last name (Unless you mean last name = second name) ;) But anyway I didn't need to show birth certificate to PF so in my opinion this shouldn't be issue. They require a marriage certificate and I think some stuff related to proof of residency etc(where we are living - this documents provided my wife).

But my process was done here in Brazil but still i think you shouldn't worry about this issue.

His first name and last name is correct. Just missing the second name. Fr ex:Antonio(Antonio--First) "Rodrigo" Smith (Smith--last name).
We applied from here in Canada.
Now, the" white" visa form details all the information, when we applied. I'm assuming it's what's entered in the system.
It is the form:
Republica Fedartiva do Brasil.
Ministerio das Relacoes Exteriores

From the condulate.
It also contains the Protocolo number.

In my opinion everything will be fine ;)

What do suggest doing? Do what the consulate suggest "address it with the marriage certficate ready both consulate and cartorio 1 marriage certificate" or just sign and submit the visa form with my father's second name missing?

Will they be rigid and have me go after a beurocractic catastrophy? Having to go do another process. Who knows what (if you do know, please let me know).

My thinking is that White Visa Form is finalized and all in the system

Will they be able to have a simple change in their system to conform to the marriage certificate information?

Hey!
Just wanna say thanks for this post. I used it the whole time throughout my wife and I getting married.
Very useful information.. thanks a lot :)

I have a question though:
I've got my protocolo and was told to go back after 3 months to get my ID card.
This card I have to get stamped 3 months later..  and then every 6 months.
But..  4 months down the line and I still haven't been back to exchange my protocolo for my ID card as I've broken my toe.  Do you think this is going to be an issue?
What's stopping me from going there in a couple of months, collecting the card and getting a new stamp too?

Hey!
Just wanna say thanks for this post. I used it the whole time throughout my wife and I getting married.
Very useful information.. thanks a lot :)

I have a question though:
I've got my protocolo and was told to go back after 3 months to get my ID card.
This card I have to get stamped 3 months later..  and then every 6 months.
But..  4 months down the line and I still haven't been back to exchange my protocolo for my ID card as I've broken my toe.  Do you think this is going to be an issue?
What's stopping me from going there in a couple of months, collecting the card and getting a new stamp too?

I doubt you'll get anything more than a good tonguelashing:  well deserved, if "I broke my toe!" sounds like as lame an excuse for being late to them as it does to me!
Still, don't waste any more time in limping on over there:   no point in compounding the offense.  :cool:

I'm sorry you're having a bad day.  Thanks for your constructive response but unfortunately it has no value to me.

It shouldn't be an issue. just go get it before they send it back.

Jim

Does your protocol have an expiration date? What do you mean that you have to get a stamp in 3 months and then every 6 months?

@MattyBRUK - let us know how things went in the end. I'm also waiting for my card ID. But still have some weeks before I will call them to ask if they have my card.

Hello! For proof of address is it possible to just use my husbands name as our apartment is in his name?

Klopes

In combination with your Brazilian Marriage Certificate that lists both your names (or your "Traslado de Casamento", if you were married in the US and registered the marriage at the Cartório after you got to Brazil), yes.  That's what we used.

As others have said, and I agree with them that You should be ok. They did not ask for my birth certificate either. They only wanted that white form you speak of, my passport including the family Reunion Visa, Police Certificate issued within 90 days and certified by Brazilian Embassy/consulate in Canada and then had to Fill out some paperwork at the Federal Police (but my Brazillian wife took care of filling out these forms hahaha)
Best wishes and Luck

Yep.  Fortunately (since they would need to be apostilled and translated by a Sworn Translator), birth certificates are usually secondary documents used to show the spelling of your parents' names.  Since a marriage Certidão from a Brazilian Consulate or a marriage certificate or Traslado de Casamento from a Cartório are official Brazilian documents that already have that information, birth certificates normally aren't required when one or more of those documents is available.

I'm a Nigerian married a Brazilian but I have divorced her. My resident in Brazil is four years can I do naturalization?

If you have a CRNM; your record with the PF is clean and no complaints recorded from your ex-spouse; you haven´t been out of the country for more than 2 years; then you should inquire to the corresponding authorities of how to execute your claim...

robal

thanks ! that was great !!
one question, i married a brazilian abroad , not in brazil , and i want to get the permanent residence (viper) , they told me that i can earn it here in the brazilian consulate .
my question is , this viper makes you officially a permanent resident , like i don’t need to go to brazil after i earn it to do any procedures there ? because ive heard that the only thing i would do in brazil is to live one year to grant the nationality if i want , not more .

I'm not sure who "they" are, but "they" told you wrong.  As I explained in the other thread, VIPER was abolished in 2017.  Old ones continue to be valid, but Brazilian Consulates are no longer issuing new ones, so you can't get one.
VIPER DID entitle the holder to permanent residency -- that was the great thing about it -- but s/he STILL  had to go to Brazil and register with the Federal Police to make it effective.  With VITEM, you have to go through the whole Federal Police process; all VITEM does is let you do that.
It is technically true that, if you're married to a Brazilian, you qualify for naturalization after one year of permanent residence (counted from the issue date of your CRNM), instead of the usual four years.  However, to do that you need to (1.) actually BE in Brazil for one continuous year, or clear any absences in advance with the Federal Police, and (2.) go through another paperwork process with the Federal Police, including providing rigorous proof of your Portuguese language capabilities, usually by passing the CELPE-BRAS test, which is only given twice a year.  Registration for next month's CELPE-BRAS has already closed; the next one should be in October, or thereabouts.
BTW, if you and your Brazilian spouse haven't registered your marriage yet a Brazilian Consulate, you definitely want to do that before you come to Brazil, and have the Consular Certidão in hand when you arrive.  Once you get to Brazil, for your marriage to have legal effect, you're going to need to register it with the Cartório do 1o Offício in your spouse's hometown.  With the Consular Certidão, that process is pretty much automatic; without it, members here have reported going through nine kinds of hell with Cartórios.

Hey,

Just a quick update on my visa situ...

I went on Thursday to the Polícia Federal in Niterói with all my required documents for a residency visa to triple check they were correct and the lady who I dealt with couldn't have been nicer! She checked everything and although I had my own declarations she gave me two that the Polícia Federal deem "better". So i had my appointment this morning at the same place and the same lady dealt with us. The process was so easy. Once she checked the documents again she passed onto her colleague who processed everything. They took my biometrics and gave me an official certificate to show I am now a legal resident in brazil. She advised there is currently a backlog for visas but to return in 3 months to collect my identity card and if it's not ready to come back again in another 3 months. She also advised that this certificate is enough for me to start working here.

Another thing I found out is you do not need a visa in order to apply for your CPF, I went to my local post office and paid 7 real and they processed this for me, I just had to go online and print one document to register it.

Hope this can help others.

Aisling

Aisling,
Congratulations- wonderful news.  Thanks for the update.  So glad it all worked out for you.

Thank you very much!

Aisling