Moving to Kuwait

Hey there. Myself and a group of Irish friends are considering moving to Kuwait to teach in August... Just wondering does anyone have any good advice for us?? And maybe suggestions of ways to meet other young people in their 20's?? :-D

becarfyll yoyrself . goodluck my dear

top of the mornin' to ya Aileen :)

i'l think you'll find the forum a fountain of knowledge in terms of how to meet people here. The Irish community is strong in Kuwait, they have a rather cult following, take it from me, I was part of the gaelic football team in 2011! now i hear they have a women's team, and regularly compete in the Gulf.

have a looksie around the forum, and if u still have any queries, please do let us know :)

Hi, how are ya haha :-)

Yeah I wasnt sure if there were that many Irish over there. Although alcohol is prohibited do ye still have house parties or not? And do people often travel to Dubai and Abu Dhabi at weekends to party or are flights too expensive to do it often??

Hey,

I am also a twenty something that is looking at moving to Kuwait in August to teach.  Were you able to find any info on expat social clubs or anything?

What school will you be working at?

The school I interviewed with seemed like they had a very social staff.  Planning group trips abroad and such.

good luck in kuwait

it amazing country

Hi Aileen

I'm not sure if I told you in our previous discussion by have a look at www.meetup.com there might be some Irish groups on there to join. Also you can download the Eek! Magazine which shows you events and what's going on in the expat community http://www.expatserviceskuwait.com/EEK% … %20ad1.htm

Flights to Dubai aren't majorly expensive it's just when you get there it can be pricey. If you have any other question feel free to ask and later to your arrival ill message you my number, the first few days can be an adjustment.

Ally

Hey,

Thanks a mill for your help!!! Really looking to coming over now... it will be great to escape from all the rain in Ireland :-D...  Yeah defos... chat to you again.

Take care,
Aileen

Hey,

Yeah its great!! :-) What school will you be teaching in Jade?? Excitinggggg stuff!!

Hi perrinsl? I'll be teaching in EPG school in Salmiyia with two of my friends! You???

Aileen

First Hope u ll enjoy KUWAIT ans Wish you à good luck ;)
I worked at EPG Salwa for allostérique 3 years it was Hmmm special let say lol
But EPG salmiya is more organized my friend s still working there as a social worker
Good luck

Hello all! I will also be moving to Kuwait in August. I'm 24 and I'll be teaching at local school in Hawalli. Maybe we can all meet up once we're settled. Cheers!

Hi all,

does anyone know of anyone that has worked at American Creativity Academy in Kuwait?

I've sent you at PM Nadia26.

Nadia, ask Sahar, she works there

Who's sahar? & how can I get in touch?

she wrote the post on "schools in Kuwait", send her a message :)

Hey just started in Kuwait on Wednesday. Lived in Cork for 5 years, did ye make the move over after?

dats grt you got all to come to kuwait. if any further info required let me know..
Thanks

welcome to kuwait to anyone who wish to stay here.

welcome to kuwait.. cheers :)