Driving license

Hi all!! I am a first year in the arab open university. I was wondering when would i be able to start  getting my driver license? And also, what do i have to do to make this process easier or faster? Does it really take a year to be a university student or is it 6 months to have a drivers license?

The only general rule to gain a student's driving license is that you be 18 years of age and studying in a government college or a registered private university, such as – AUK, AOU, ACK, ACM, KU, GUST, BHCK.
The other conditions are all specific to each of the colleges.
Once you are admitted into one of the above universities and reach the age of 18, you have to
Acquire an official document of "Whomsoever it Concerns' where it confirms your admission into the college and your other details.
This procedure or acquirement of the official document has its own set of conditions for each college; here are a few I know-

Arab Open University -
The requirements to acquire the certificate in this university are a bit more -
Complete a whole year of schooling in the college OR have 12 credits.
Must have a GPA of more than 2 points
Must be registered in the current semester and pay the fee in full.
Must have completed basic English levels

Once all these conditions are fulfilled, you have to go to the Registration office and ask for the certificate for the license.
Then you would have to pay 3 KD for the official stamp in the Finance Dept. Once you get a receipt from the Finance department of your payment, you submit the receipt along with your civil ID copy to the Admin office once again.
You will receive the paper in around 10 working days.

Australian College Kuwait :
One semester to be completed
Completed Certain Modules with a certain GPA
Must have paid the fees
Once these conditions are completed, you have to go to the Administration office and apply for a license paper, where they'll let you know which modules are to be completed and how much GPA will be needed. You will also need to pay a Stamp Fee of 3 KD. You will receive your Paper in 3-5 working days.

Once you receive your certificate from your college, it's time to apply for the Learner's license. For this, you will need a few documents -
Your Civil ID copy
Your Passport Copy – first page, last page and the residency page (Make sure that your passport clearly states that you are a student)
Your sponsor's Civil ID copy (usually your father)
Your sponsor's passport copy
Your sponsor's salary certificate
Official document from the university (see pt.1)
Make sure all these documents are renewed and up to date
Your University ID Copy
Two passport sized photos
Application form from the website:
(you can either print it and fill it on your own or have it typed in the printing Section in the Muroor[General Traffic Department])

Check and confirm your Governorate
To apply for the Learner's Driving License you have to first determine which Governorate you belong to so that you can apply to the right Muroor/General Police Department.