Driver license in Kuwait?

Hi ! I need to know if housewives with children of an expat can have a driver license in Kuwait?

Hello laidiamel,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to read this article : https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … uwait.html

It might help you.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

Thank you

Hi!
Iam still confused about the driver license!!
Iam accompanying my husband to Kuwait only my husband will be working there . And I have a Canadian driver license now is it easy for me to get the license the first year of my arrival to Kuwait???
Plus I have children that need to be dropped and picked from school.
Any help please or any one in the same situation as me ??

As far as I know , you will be able to convert your current licence to Kuwaiti licence but you would need to get a certain approval from the traffic department. When you come here you can go by yourself and talk to them because you must attend there.

I'm in the same situation as you exactly. Been in Kuwait 4 years and still can't get a license. The official at the Ministry even told me “so what, there are lots of Moms in Kuwait and they have kids that go to school and they don't have a license”.  We are still tying to get me one 😒

Hi ,
Do you have a licence from an other country ?

Yes, Canadian. As I said, I have the exact situation as you

@laidiamel  I have experience person in gulf so need driver for you

Hello Yasin58,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Your message is not clear enough.

Could you please re-post it and tell us more about you?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Yasin58 means ?

@Yasin58 how long I have to wait ?

@Cheryl Hello mam I have a driver job search in Kuwait country so I the posted I am before work in Saudi Arabia mor clarification discussion with you

Hello Yasin,

The forum is unfortunately not the place to look for jobs.

If you want, you can add your CV on Jobs in Kuwait.

Thanks,

Yoginee

Expat.com team