Buying a reliable car in kuwait

May need to buy a car but would like to find a good price..

q8car.com

but its better to go for first hand cars, in ur price range, as u get duped with the maintenance later.

or lease, depending on the duration of ur stay/ pocket money

my advice is to target used cars within range of maximum 4 years old ,,,, and to get it from the agency itself as it will be under extended warranty somehow and well served.

Try the Mitsubishi Outlander 2008, reliable and affordable.

ok ok ok, if ur serious on buying second hand, dont buy it from a person, but it thru an agency like Momo said, head over into any agency and ask to see their used cars, they stock cars from different brands (trade ins), but they will always say "inspection clause" meaning u have to inspect it urself, not urself urself, like take it to a mechanic, mostly everyone goes to golden sands (or is that the hotel in dubai? well its golden something) in shuwaikh.

I bought a Prado 2009 privately, great and reliable.

I think you can get a better deal privately than an agent, esp. if the car is less than three years old as it will be under warranty, however you should get the car tested for faults from an authorized garage (it only costs 20-30KD).

All Toyota, Suzuki SUV, All Hondas, some Mitsubishi SUVs like Pajero, are good as second hand cars. Or if you are not going to stay for more than a year just lease a car or lease to own. Maintenance and accidents won't be your problem

I forget to mention Ford SUVs and for some reason I like the new Ford Taurus. I read somewhere that cops in the US are using Ford Taurus now instead of the Crown Victoria. Its got the same power and speed as the Crown Victoria, but its 6cyl and consumes 25% less gasoline

gas in kuwait is not a problem, seriously, if u do the maths, its cheaper than water! and thats the premium stuff, the ultra stuff (Green) is more expensive.

Japanese for second hand, like lebm74 said :)

Even though gas is cheap , why not buy a 6 cyl vehicle thats just as fast as an 8 cyl vehicle and at the same time save some of the EARTH's resources..... I'm not trying to save the world here, but don't you think Kuwait has enough 8 cylinder vehicles and 12 cylinder vehicles that are polluting the air with carbon monoxide that is harmfull to human beings, animals , and plants.

I wish the vehicles in Kuwait were all 2 cyl and 3cyl. I would have less tailgaters trying to do a bumper to bumper kiss on the highway going 140 km an hour every damn day!!!!! lol

i call it ass-sniffing really :P not bumper kissing :)

and yes, i definitely agree, save the planet, forgo the 6 and 8 cylinders, stick to 4 and less, they go fast enough, seriously.

ass sniffers is what i'm going to call them from now on!!! lol  . I wish I have a video camera to record this guy that was "ass sniffin" the other day. Hi bumper was  literally  about an inch from my bumper. I tried to move to the right lane but a car was on my right side, so I attempted to speed up so i could take the right lane and let him pass, but as soon as i increased my speed i saw a speed camera so I took my foot of the gas to reduce my speed. The guy behind me thought i was messin with him and DID HE GET MAD!!!!  lol  . He eventully took the right lane and sped ahead of me and then he hit his brakes hard to mess with me. He almost lost control of his car and almost spun around. Then he went to the right lane again and slowed down so that he was right next to me . And his mirror was ass sniffin my mirror! And he was cussin and all pissed and yelling and he gave me the middle finger so I GAVE him back like 20 middle fingers!  He finally sped off when cars behind and me started honking at us.  we were going about 100 km an hour on 6th ring road. This guy was having serious road rage.

At one point we were going 130 km per hour when he was behind me with his bumper almost touching mine. and i was trying to let him pass me, but when he was side by side cussing it was about 110 or 100. And of course he was driving a Dodge Charger! beware of Dodge Chargers

well first of all wat type and other specification does he needs in a card with what price range.then comes the recommendation.

corey@whs-kuwait @ please give some info on what you like to have.

Lebm74 - u know it was a similar road related problem taht got me into blogging in the first place, i suggest u do the same :P

yes, its true, for such a small country, kuwait has the HIGHEST road fatalities. just yesterday whilst driving down the 2nd ring road, i saw one blue lexus SWARMED, like as in hovering bees, by about 5 or 6 motorcyclists, i leave it to u to guess the gender of the driver of the blue lexus.

i know its difficult, but sometimes u just gotta let it go, for the sake of seeing tomorrow. this one dude i tangled with on the road, and the inspiration for me to enter the blogosphere, actually followed me into the petrol station on the fourth and was picking a fight, he also had a pair of knuckles on.

so yes, it is within ur right to cuss back, but u do not know the mentality u are dealing with. u could very well end up with someone who doesnt care, they'll run into u, or pull u over and beat u up (it has happened).

so, be careful.

some biking groups have their own requirements for a person to join in,and that is o e a bad-ass.like you should have killed at least 1 person.have visited jail.busted for a number of times.and more.

They'll have to have a gun to take me down .

thats the spirit lebm74 ;)

"i aint goin down without a fight!"

but be warned, most of these folks travel in posses. so its not a matter of guts as logic.

I aint afraid to die!! lol   

So let them bring it on!!