How much is enough?

How much money do you really need in life to be happy?

well that depends on type of happiness you are looking for? there is short time, extended time, long time, time to time. So many ways to get happy but few only must be remebered.

How much you can buy a happiness for your life?
Human's needs seem to want more and more when they've had something already like a unbottomed stomach.

Happiness is relative.

what makes me happy isn't nescessarily the same that will make you happy.

For some the cost of happiness depends on the cost of a kidney transplant, others it's the cost of a 4S-Iphone.

happiness is a cigar called hamlet, the mild cigar from benson and hedges.

For some people, it's just having enough not to worry about too much.
For others, it's a nice car.
Some seem to think it's 'Keeping up with the Joneses'.
Most of the materialistic versions tend to be a cause of unhappiness.

when you are happy with what u have, everything is enough. :)

a  billion dollars .

made 10 more 990 to go .;)

Money is important but having lots of it will not necessary guarantee your happiness. Personally for me..what you do with your money be it just a little or lots of it that makes you happy

"Money can't buy happiness - but no money can't buy anything." (Heinz Stucke, the most travelled man in history)

money can only fulfill the basic needs- our physiologic needs.. and we all know that we don't live by the physical aspect alone,we need more than that which money can never afford to buy.

Is money an equal or an alternative word to happiness? NO it isn't.. then Money is nothing and as long you can't take money to your grave and it can't buy you love or happiness or extend your life either; then it doesn't matter how much you get as long you are surrounded by people who love you and you love them and you feel happy and satisfied even if you are empty pocket.:D

kiwiinkorea wrote:

How much money do you really need in life to be happy?

Depends on how you quantify happiness :) We left the corporate rat race and retired early due to my husband's health. We survive on a limited income and are happy. However, there are times we wish we had more money to spend on enjoying ourselves rather than counting every penny.

From personal experience a lot depends on the type of pople you mix with. Do you associate with other like-minded people or those who quantify happiness by the size of their wallet. The latter, when we go out for a meal, always order the most expenisve item on the menu for example, and you the cheapest. They then expect you to split the bill 50/50. The former will discuss the menu and make their selcetion carefully.

Finding true happiness without money is for me appreicating the simple things in life, helping others and sitting on the shoreline looking out across the ocean at sunset - of course that does include a glass of red wine!

Look within yourself and you will find the answer! :)

Check out Maslow's Hierachy of Needs

Miro : The Artist wrote:

Is money an equal or an alternative word to happiness? NO it isn't.. then Money is nothing and as long you can't take money to your grave and it can't buy you love or happiness or extend your life either; then it doesn't matter how much you get as long you are surrounded by people who love you and you love them and you feel happy and satisfied even if you are empty pocket.:D

Very nice words on paper but you need money to live.
There was a time that I had not enough money to feed my family.
The only thing what I could buy was bread and some tomatoes for several weeks.
I can assure you that we were not happy at all, even we were together as a family.

How much you need to be happy is varied like the people.

Happiness is the gift of God which doesn,t necesserily come with money.

I suppose that if you can afford a roof, some food and are in decent health, the rest is extra.

"i wanna be a billionaire so ______ bad" lol Travy mcoy and BOB gr8 song if some thing do happen like the song ill be happy lol :P

You don't need any money to be happy.  Happiness comes from within.  People who aren't happy are usually looking for someone or something to make them happy.  That's like sitting around waiting for success to find you.  People and things can make you feel better, but only you can make you happy.

Dash, dash.......da.....sh!!!!!!!!!!!Got it?

No.  I for one have not "got it".

Primadonna wrote:

I can assure you that we were not happy at all, even we were together as a family.

I disagree, i know a man who had a son had a kidney problem and the man was millionaire, he keep looking for cure and spend money on hospitals n medicines when he went to Romania to change his son kidney which costed 200,000$ n there was a Que he had to wait for his turn to come and it took too long and his son died and money didnt buy him happiness ! HEALTH is happiness :) not WEALTH but HEALTH and Family. thats what i believe. Go to africa for a week and you will see millions of happy people YET they are starving and don't have money. :) probably ur not used to be broke, trust me Bread is good, some africans can't get that i can assure you. :)

iibrashk wrote:
Primadonna wrote:

I disagree, i know a man who had a son had a kidney problem and the man was millionaire, he keep looking for cure and spend money on hospitals n medicines when he went to Romania to change his son kidney which costed 200,000$ n there was a Que he had to wait for his turn to come and it took too long and his son died and money didnt buy him happiness ! HEALTH is happiness :) not WEALTH but HEALTH and Family. thats what i believe. Go to africa for a week and you will see millions of happy people YET they are starving and don't have money. :) probably ur not used to be broke, trust me Bread is good, some africans can't get that i can assure you. :)

To make with what you have and be grateful is african key of happiness!No one can teach what is enough, people find it only by themselves by life difficulties.

@ iibrashk: I agree with you when you say that health is happiness.
I don't agree with you that millions of people in Afrika who starving and not have money are happy.
And if you say that bread is good then I will suggest that you eat for several weeks only bread and tomatoes and then we can talk further.

And I will say it again: how much you need to be happy is varied like the people.

Money precures security and assurance ,not happiness, because it's never enough ,we turn to always want more of it.It all depends on from which point of vue we regard the situation.It's true that we need money to live,but money can't always give us the happiness we need.Happiness goes with peace of mind .You can have all the money in the world but if you don't have peace of mind,there is no happinnes in your life.with money comes many poblems

Primadonna wrote:

@ iibrashk: I agree with you when you say that health is happiness.
I don't agree with you that millions of people in Afrika who starving and not have money are happy.
And if you say that bread is good then I will suggest that you eat for several weeks only bread and tomatoes and then we can talk further.

And I will say it again: how much you need to be happy is varied like the people.

I eat only bread for few months to be honest :) and i was happy so were my family too :) we know that money cant buy happiness nor health. :)

Money can't buy happiness but without it you will starve...It is difficult to be happy without anything...but saying that people do manage. I don't know how...it is certainly admirable.

It's no coincidence that the people who think money brings happiness are never happy.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

It's no coincidence that the people who think money brings happiness are never happy.

Well said hailey.

enough for me to get a house to stay, and have no worries for daily food~ that will be enough for me~ ^^v

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR