Using Zalo App Outside Vietnam

There is a pretty prevalent rumor floating around that you can only use the Zalo communications app in Vietnam.

I have returned to the USA and I'm still using my Zalo account--transferred to my new U.S. cell phone--to communicate with all of my Vietnam contacts, including 3 longtime members of this forum.

Same here. I've been using Zalo from Europe.
All works fine. Just a rumour I guess 😀

Yes, just a rumor. When my wife and I went to the US a while back (shortly before the first COVID round) she used Zalo to contact her mother. Furthermore, my step daughter is in college over in Germany and she uses Zalo from their to talk with her mother here in VN - you know what they say about rumors...

Hi All.

I too have been using Zalo in the UK for more than 6 years now with no issues.

flancieri wrote:

Excellent. Was wondering about this EXACT issue. Now I can stay in contact with my "slightly-off" friends form the guesthouse... You're appreciated...

Over.

My Zalo app is actually registered in my old UK number+44 & I dont even have it now. I think Zalo works anywhere cos its internet based. I personally have used it in Thailand & France in the past!

Works fine in Australia.
Also using Zalo on my Win10 desktop.

Yep, I use it every day.

Best video conferencing app over very long distance is the apple FaceTime but you have to use apple devices at both end, it beats every other apps I have used. If you only use audio, it doesn?t matter which app as they all can do the job, it is the video portion that FaceTime exceeded.

useful to hv confirmed

Works fine in Australia use every day to keep it touch with friends in Vung Tau

Hi gents. I've come to this forum for help. I had earlier this year a Vietnamese phone with Zalo account and few new friends (locals). Unfortunately I change my phone and lost Vietnamese card and zalo account was deleted. So I really want to find one particular friend of mine, if anyone in here is willing to do small search in Zalo app. I will provide as much info needed to find my buddy. Thank you all!

Max for Life wrote:

Hi gents. I've come to this forum for help. I had earlier this year a Vietnamese phone with Zalo account and few new friends (locals). Unfortunately I change my phone and lost Vietnamese card and zalo account was deleted. So I really want to find one particular friend of mine, if anyone in here is willing to do small search in Zalo app. I will provide as much info needed to find my buddy. Thank you all!

You can load Zalo onto any Apple or Samsung phone. You can also load Zalo on any PC. Once it is loaded then open account and search for your friend.

Do you suggest to open app and log in into my deleted account? I can't register new one as I don't have my Vietnamese sim card any more.
Cheers

Max for Life wrote:

Do you suggest to open app and log in into my deleted account? I can't register new one as I don't have my Vietnamese sim card any more.
Cheers

My Zalo is registered to my previous  44 UK number no problems.

Max for Life wrote:

Cheers

You can open a Zalo account anywhere in the world. You do not have to be in Vietnam.

Open app go to setting and setup new phone number verify with sms

Should be easy enough

Please help. I am in South Africa and need a zalo account to teach online classes. I keep getting the message that I have exceeded the system count and have to try again after 24 hours. But after 24 hours, yet the same message

Please help. I am in South Africa and need a zalo account to teach online classes. I keep getting the message that I have exceeded the system count and have to try again after 24 hours. But after 24 hours, yet the same message
-@mirandafourie

Why do you need Zalo to teach?

Get a Zoom, Skype or Google Hangout account.

-@mirandafourie
Why do you need Zalo to teach?
Get a Zoom, Skype or Google Hangout account.
-@colinoscapee

During covid I would say many of the worlds schooling/meetings was done on the above platforms all leaders in the field & easy to use.

Hello,

I'm using Zalo to in Indonesia, but when I changed my SIM CARD most of my contacts despaired, how can I return my contacts to add it when changed SIM card?

many thanks and have a happy new year to all

Hello,
I'm using Zalo to in Indonesia, but when I changed my SIM CARD most of my contacts despaired, how can I return my contacts to add it when changed SIM card?
-@samchef1988

if you also have your contact stored the third party such as Google contacts, you can refresh your phone and update all of your contacts and then you can tell Zalo to refresh its contact list

Hello,
-@samchef1988

Put your old sim back in and save from sim to phone. Then put new sim in and contacts should be in the phone.

hello

is there anyway to translate Vietnamese message to English on zalo?

hello
is there anyway to translate Vietnamese message to English on zalo?
-@Kudo Shinichi50

No built in translator.

On many Android phones you can highlight the chosen text, and instead of choosing "copy", look for the "translate" option.

that will pop up the translation through Google Translate if you have the app installed

my phone fell into the water 3days ago, the repairman broke the phone even more!

i think i have some contacts that i use for zalo saved on the (old) phone instead of my sim. will they still be in the zalo app despit not being in my (new) phone or my simcard? Is there anyway to find those people again if i do not know/remember their phone number?

i would really love an answer to this, it will decide if i buy a new phone or pay as much as i takes to fix the old one

just to be clear the sim and thus the phonenumber stays the same (i hope i used the swiss sim to register my zalo account) but the phone will change. but the contacts were originally saved on the phone

thanks for reading and answering

and yes can confirm zalo worked in vietnam, thailand, phillippines, hong kong and malaysia (even when neither chatter is in vietnam)

my phone fell into the water 3days ago, the repairman broke the phone even more!
i think i have some contacts that i use for zalo saved on the (new) phone instead of my sim. will they still be in the zalo app despit not being in my phone or my simcard? Is there anyway to find those people again if i do not know their phone number?

i would really love an answer to this, it will decide if i buy a new phone or pay as much as i takes to fix the old one
-@ce5

if you can keep the same phone number by salvaging your sim card from the broken phone, when you install it in a new phone and you load the Zalo app and sign in, your Zalo contacts will be there.

So feel free to trash the old phone

@OceanBeach92107 Thank you! i am soooooo happy to hear that, sadly that is not the case of whatsapp, which means one contact will be missing, but i have a plan to get that one back, i love you, thanks again!

and yes can confirm zalo worked in vietnam, thailand, phillippines, hong kong and malaysia (even when neither chatter is in vietnam)
-@ce5

& France & UK & Holland, & Cambodia & Laos long as you have internet Zalo works.............from my experience the phone number has nothing to do with it as my Zalo that I still use is set up with a UK phone number that I dont even have now & Zalo still works fine.

Zalo is owned by the Vietnamese military. Do not say anything negative about the gov. best bet is  Signal app, Telegram, or iPhone  iMessge.

Zalo is owned by the Vietnamese military. Do not say anything negative about the gov. best bet is Signal app, Telegram, or iPhone iMessge.
-@Kevin0105

The government monitors all social media platforms as they are shit scared of criticism.

I have zalo on my phone and laptop. I stay out of politics so no problem with saying anything negative about the Vietnamese government. I use zalo, fb messenger and whatsapp to chat and message my Vietnamese wife.

I have zalo on my phone and laptop. I stay out of politics so no problem with saying anything negative about the Vietnamese government. I use zalo, fb messenger and whatsapp to chat and message my Vietnamese wife.
-@Kevin_HCMC

If you live in Viet Nam permantly you may change your mind about posting negative comments, especially when it vomes to visas and banking for expats.

I wonder what kinds of social apps all of you use to chat or talk with your friends/family in your country when you're in Vietnam ? @all

Please help.

I am in Egypt and need a zalo account. I keep getting the message that I have exceeded the system count and have to try again after 24 hours. But after 24 hours, yet the same message

Please help.
I am in Egypt and need a zalo account. I keep getting the message that I have exceeded the system count and have to try again after 24 hours. But after 24 hours, yet the same message
-@karim saad

Please try again in 24 hours.

Thank you

@OceanBeach92107 I have been trying to create a new account every day for more than two weeks and every time I get the same message

@OceanBeach92107 I use zalo in Australia and have no problems. 

Please help.
-@karim saad

Hi karim saad, and welcome to expat.com.

I'm sorry I don't have a definitive answer for you to solve your problem.

Have you taken a look here? I didn't see your specific "24 hours" problem in the list, but there are additional Zalo articles on the bottom of that page.

I hope you find a solution to your problem. When you do, please be so kind as to post the solution you found and used. We would certainly appreciate it, and your feedback/tips/observations will help others.

Hello , I can't find my country Nigeria on Zalo, isn't Zalo working in Nigeria?.

My country Nigeria can't be found on Zalo