Procedure after accident

Hello,

I had accident, the NAJM guy put fault on other person, and he gave me 3 papers , Damage assessment, Vehicle repair and one small claim   receipt to me.

Now, I don't know where I have to go with that papers. which insurance company I have to contact.

Note: I have third party insurance only.

Regards,

Don't know how insurance works here but in the UK in this situation where the other party is at fault it does not matter that you are third party insured. If it was your fault then you would not get any costs for repairs/injury. I would imagine the logical place to go with your papers would be your insurance company thats how everywhere else I know works ( although doesn't mean it is logical here )

Even I'm looking for a detailed answer to this query.....

Loopy is right. The same applies to KSA as well.

If the other party is responsible, your insurance type doesn't matter. You have to go to his insurance company and fill a claim. Logically they'll ask you to provide the estimate of loss. Let them guide you to the workshop authorized by the Traffic Police dept to provide the quotations. I know about Riyadh workshop only. Once your claim submittal is complete, they'll ask you to visit after 2/3 weeks to collect a check valued equal the lowest estimate provided. Then you have to visit a traffic police department to get wargah tasleeh (repair authorization doc) so that any workshop could fix the car.

All this is a painful process. Wish you all the best.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

All this is a painful process. Wish you all the best.

All that is great info but do you really mean the last part? :p

Yes agent47, unfortunately it's so; especially in Riyadh. I'm not sure about Al-Khobar though.

I got an accident in Jan 2012. An Al-marai dairy truck destroyed my car back bumper and lights while the car was parked in front of a bank. The driver was kind enough to wait for me to get free from bank. We called Najm but traffic police arrived. (So my case was quite different from above mentioned). I do appereciate poor driver who didn't escape from scene. On the other hand, let me admit that I did mumble bad words for him for whose fault I had to go police station 3 times, insurance company 2 times, workshops in awkward Faisaliya district 3 times. All these hardships for none of my fault?

Anyways, all's well that ends well :) the story did end well.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

...All these hardships for none of my fault?

Anyways, all's well that ends well :) the story did end well....

I had an accident in Riyadh (minor damage to the rear)- Twice...and both are not my fault...

With the very first accident - of course, i was just clueless...
in 'courtesy' of not causing too much traffic, i even pulled my car to the sidewalk - fortunately, the driver at fault admitted his fault...and i have to go all those troubles...
With my second accident - the driver at fault willingly admits his fault to Al Najm (they work only within Riyadh - outside of city center, police will attend to accidents..like what happened to my friend in Industrial Area)
..Somehow, I think the procedure for those at fault is 'easier' (if without serious injuries or loss of life involved)than the other side...because i didn't hear that they have to go for all those troubles for repairing their car?

At last, some progress, but I really hate this process you are not on fault but you are in punishment by doing all this tasks.

1. Get the stamp from traffic police
2. Get the three different quotations from work shops
3. Get the quotation for spare parts.
4. Submit the papers to insurance company.
5. Collect the Cheque (you have to wait for 2-3 weeks depends on insurance company)
6. Go for Repair
7. Park the car at safe place, don't drive or else sale the car

Taxi ....

Hi Guys
Is going to maroor a must thing for repair form workshops

Or najam letter and quotations are enough to go to insurance companies and then workshops

Btw, if najam marks it your fault then does it mean insurance wont pay you?

Yes, you have to. In ALL cases, they issue you a letter called Warqah-Tasleeh (Authorization to repair). No workshops accept cars for repair unless Warqah-Tasleeh provided.

If the fault is yours 100%, you are at much convenience if you have comprehensive insurance. Najam police report and Warqah Tasleeh is enough. You have to visit Insurance company with these papers.

If the fault is of other party, you have to get Warqah-Tasleeh, Najam police report, 3 quotations from Maroor authorized workshops. Hence more trouble. So, focus on hitting and don't care about been hit.... :D just kidding.... Safe driving.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Yes, you have to. In ALL cases, they issue you a letter called Warqah-Tasleeh (Authorization to repair). No workshops accept cars for repair unless Warqah-Tasleeh provided.

If the fault is yours 100%, you are at much convenience if you have comprehensive insurance. Najam police report and Warqah Tasleeh is enough. You have to visit Insurance company with these papers.

If the fault is of other party, you have to get Warqah-Tasleeh, Najam police report, 3 quotations from Maroor authorized workshops. Hence more trouble. So, focus on hitting and don't care about been hit.... :D just kidding.... Safe driving.

Thanks very much TLL. I dont know why my friends told me that maroor is not required since you have conprehensive insurance. They said all you have todo is goto sanaiya obtaib a quotation and proceed to insurance company.
So i am kind of confused.
Is the letter from morroor difficultto obtain.
Man these procedures will ruin my day :-(
Thanks for your valuable feedback partner

Rule of thumb: no accident repairs/repaint etc allowed in ksa without maroor authorization.

Getting the letter is 5 mins job. Pick a form from there, fill in the car particulars (in Arabic/Urdu) :), present it to the policeman behind the window along with najm report. He will double check 2 papers against each other and stamp. You're done.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Rule of thumb: no accident repairs/repaint etc allowed in ksa without maroor authorization.

Getting the letter is 5 mins job. Pick a form from there, fill in the car particulars (in Arabic/Urdu) :), present it to the policeman behind the window along with najm report. He will double check 2 papers against each other and stamp. You're done.

I think the ofc to obtain that letter is itself based in checking or evaluating facility in sanaiaa unmul hammam.
He was dressed as maroor (hopefully he is the one) and he stamped it. And i got the three quotations as well. But since the damage is more than 5k so they asked me to goto shaikh mairaz. So then went to shelkh maraz.
Now they told me to goto honda and get spare parts estimate and then come back.. So right now at honda khurais :-) will continue as it progresses..

Yep he was a Maroor coz you were at the workshop authorized to give quotations for labor charges :)

For spare parts, agency has to be visited. You are all on the right track.

The first few days after the accident are always painful. Keep the morale high (Y)

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Yep he was a Maroor coz you were at the workshop authorized to give quotations for labor charges :)

For spare parts, agency has to be visited. You are all on the right track.

The first few days after the accident are always painful. Keep the morale high (Y)

Man, your comments helped me increase my morale, however can't write details any more. not atleast today.. had a hectic day and the work still not completed. Tom morning have to get Maroor letter and proceed to insurance company.
Car i have parked in Honda parking.

Is the Quotation of repair from shops has payment or it is free????
can i do the parts quotation first before i go to the shops????

Joseph2718 wrote:

30 SAR i remember. @pkmusd knows better.

Joseph2718 wrote:

30 SR only..

that's 3 quotations so 30 SR x 3 + 90SR
thanks....

the guy that hit my back just lost his brakes and i'm the one suffering to this requirements.. wtf..

No. 30 SAR in total.

See what I said above: if someone hits you, you are in the greater trouble.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

No. 30 SAR in total.

See what I said above: if someone hits you, you are in the greater trouble.

Yes TLL is right, 30 SR.
For me, my damage was bigger so they sent me to Shaikh Maraz as well.

Still suffering from no-car condition

Thanks for the info guys, really a big help for me...

Can you name the car repair shop in senaiya that i will go?
Or any landmark near to it? Thanks

Joseph2718 wrote:

Can you name the car repair shop in senaiya that i will go?
Or any landmark near to it? Thanks

It is on Aroouba, From Takhassui take right towrads Price Turkey.. at prince turkey take a Uturn.. go forward half a km and to your right is the place.

Yeah, found the Maroor, already got the check for the repair,
where is the traffic police that can i get the Warqah-Tasleeh??
my paper here is the copy of the NAJM report, copy of authorization to repair, the day i had the accident?

The letter of authority to get car repaired is called in Arabic:

Warqah Tasleeh

:P

so this paper i had is enough to have my car repair..
got 3 days only to process my check in the insurance company but the guy there releasing the check, asks me to give him 50SR.

You don't have to pay bribe to anyone. Probably this is what he is asking you :/

where can i get the Warqah Tasleeh??? what particular place?
thanks........

Joseph2718 wrote:

thanks........

I blv it is the authroziation from police dept

Joseph2718 wrote:

thanks........

Didn't you say you had it already?

It's taken from the traffic police station that covers the area of the accident.

And there is a buffer of 15 days in which you have to get this report; or you'll run into troubles.

hi there

i just had an accident some idiot just tried to hit me from the back and he got his car runed from front .

he was blaming me . and start cursing so to avoid fight with him as he is local . i just left him and drive away .

do not know what will happened next !! ?

Leaving the accident spot is not a good move. He is the one who hit from behind and so he was responsible for the accident (international rules).

Did he leave as well?

How much of damage caused to your car?

for me . nothing as i have 4w

but for him i guess he lost his front car face . that is why he wanted to fight !!

and i was waiting at the beginning . but he started to increase his tone and wanted to go in fight so i left him other wise i would kick his ***  and this would be  another problem .!

my car had been repaired since Jan 7, its good the car repair shop didnt need the Warqah Tasleeh, maybe they have connection in the police... do have a report in case of accident because its your only evidence..

i need some opinion here,
my friend had an accident last friday, he was bumped by a police, the police was hospitalized but alive..
my friend was detained in the police station for overnight..
why is that?? even if it is not your fault but you will be jailed overnight??

i hope i get in an accident one day that isnt my fault. ill make so much money

repair is so easy. i can fix my own stuff and paint it haha

Joseph2718 wrote:

i need some opinion here,
my friend had an accident last friday, he was bumped by a police, the police was hospitalized but alive..
my friend was detained in the police station for overnight..
why is that?? even if it is not your fault but you will be jailed overnight??

Did he have 'License Insurance'?

Could someone please guide me on:

1) The exact address of the Muroor office near Olaya ?
2) The procedure once we reach Muroor, especially if one does not know Arabic ?

Any practical tips are well appreciated..

Murror Olaya is on Exit 6.

Here is the location: https://maps.google.com/?q=24.789959,46.679642

About your second question, what documents do you have at the moment after you got the accident?