Volunteer

Hello everyone

Is there any volunteer group in mauritius? Prefer english speaking group. does anyone have any idea?

Hi, I am the president of a volunteer group & i come often to belle mare. You can contact me. Thanks

Hi,

Can you tell more in detials about these Volounter groups so that others too can join in or find some way of contributing.

Cheers!!!
Terence

Hey there :)

I am also looking for volunteer opportunities in Mauritius. I will be moving there in Jan 2013 and intend to relax for 6 months. However i would also like to gain some extra experience working with children and vulnerable adults and as such will be seeking voluntary work.

What kind of volunteering did you have in mind? I do not know much of opportunities in Mauritius but perhaps if we put our heads together we could find some, or even start some description of group for volunteers?

I am in contact with a teacher here in the Uk who has recently returned from Mauritius and i shall be approaching him for some advice and/or contact details for schools where they may accept volunteers.

Let me know your thoughts.
Kind Regards   
Matt

You can have a look to this very interesting website: www.actogether.mu
It is in french, but you will find there lots of contact details of NGOs as well as volunteering opportunities.

The aim of the website www.ACTogether.mu is to encourage networking among NGOs which fight against exclusion, discrimination and poverty in Mauritius.

The website is now used daily by NGOs, social workers, CSR managers, journalists and people interested in the non-profit sector in Mauritius.

All services provided are free of charge and include:
- A dedicated corner for the small adverts from NGOs and individuals
- Articles that are sent by email twice a month through a newsletter
- Detailed information about Mauritian NGOs: contacts details, activities…

Thanks to ACTogether, NGOs have a better visibility for their advocacy campaigns as well as for their fundraising and recruitment. It also helps them to find new volunteers and new donors.