Expat in Grand Baie :)

Hi everybody!

I just arrived in Grand Baie for 6months and I'd like to meet people...

Are you going to meet each other for dinner/a drink some days?

Please let me know :):)

have a nice evening...

Sophie

Hi Sophie, it would have been with pleasure but I am leaving for Europe in a few days ... maybe in a few weeks?

hello sophie,
i recently arrived in grand bay, and i am also looking to meet some people and just go for drinks.
send me a email or a text msg on tel.7013054
or mail: [email protected]
i am a white south african, 25 years old.
send me a msg,,,chow,John

Hi there,

On another topic I suggested organising an expat meet up in G Baie. If there is enough interest I will organise something...

Alimess

Hi Melissa

I will be in. what area are you in currently?

hi amata .

. im a mauritian expatriate abroad and coming to mauritius on the 5th of july 2009.please contact me on [email protected].

i can really help you....want to meet you also ok.

I am near Cap Malheureux.

Ok so we have then as interested :

1. MelissaL
2. louisj

Please add your names. Would be nice to have a small group.

MelissaL wrote:

1. MelissaL
2. louisj
3. sonatina

Ok list is growing slowly... I would suggest meeting Friday next week in G Baie for drinks. Anyone can suggest a cosy place, not too loud ?

I would have joined with pleasure, but I am in Europe for a few weeks ... maybe next time ;)

MelissaL wrote:
MelissaL wrote:

1. MelissaL
2. louisj
3. sonatina

Ok list is growing slowly... I would suggest meeting Friday next week in G Baie for drinks. Anyone can suggest a cosy place, not too loud ?

ok we also have

4. Jjordan in.

I finally managed to find a job and am waiting for my contract. I hope to see you guys soon and I'd love to be part of the group, and be there hopefully in your future jam ups.

hello juy

that very interesting to get part of everybody .hope to see you soon i wil be in kenya for 2 days and will be in mauritius on the 5th of july 2009. MY HOME TOWN.

MelissaL wrote:

1. MelissaL
2. louisj
3. Rishi Mauritian expat in Tanzania

will it be this Fridy (the 26th of June) or next Friday (the 3rd of July) ?

hello juy why don't u wait till i come to mauritius then we can meet togherer and share my 9 years experience in africa.
i have being visiting lot of african countries and i have lot of new new thing to add.

i will try to see if i can arrange  my uncle bungalow at perreybere which is free at his moment.

see u juys

Actually did not realise that fri would be the 3rd... my moms bday... would saturday 4 th be ok?

Hi everybody,
Sorry may be the next time ,it will be a pleasure .
I will be as from september in Mauritius for three month.
Madina from Germany

Sat the 4th seems fine for me :)
What about the others?

Ok so confirmed for saturday then.

Hi Melissa

I will be in.But which place....wat time?

Anyone living in G BAIE could suggest a place ?

As regards the time lets say 7 pm .

So how many people will we be on Sat? We can go to a restaurant to have dinner for ex.....or for a drink, its up to u :)

hello,
i am pretty sur that il come (on 4 July)and might bring a friend too.
so just let me know where. we can go for a pizza, then go for drinks afterwards...
j

Pizza is a good idea. I would suggest Don Camillo, at 19 pm ? Could everyone please confirm if they are attending so that I can make a reservation for tomorrow?

well we can go to 'The beach house' for drinks!!! wat  all suggest??

i am in for don camillo so wats the final plan!!!!

ok for Don Camillo then :)

Final plan meet up at D Camillo at 19 pm I will make a reservation under exparts Mauritius. So we are currently three confirmed, myself, sonatina and rohan.

I will make the reservation tomorrow afternoon so  plenty of times for those who have not made up their minds.

btw, my name is Sophie :)

And I think Jjoordan will come as well no?

hi! Mellisa Louisj will also be coming he will bring along a frnd also!

Ok so thats

Melissa
Sophie
Rohan
Louisj +1

as confirmed. I will make a reservation for 6 people then, will call later on and check my mails before so just add your names if you wanna join.

Bonjour,
We are two canadians from Montreal in Mauritius since 18 months. We are living in Albion. Too bad we can not make it for tonight but would be pleased to meet all of you perhaps another time. We will continue to look on the blog.
Our email is : [email protected]
François and Louise

Hey guys!

It'd be cool to meet u next time :)

For tonight, Jjordaan will come as well....

So are we going to meet in front of the restautant?

Where is it btw? Im leaving near the church on Royal Road....

Hi sophie....its just next to bannana beach club!..see thr tonit!

Melissa
Sophie
Rohan
Louisj +1
Jjordaan

Its a few meters from the petrol station behind the banana bar.

I will reserve a table under expats mauritius maybe easier if we meet directly inside at the table ?

Table reserved for 19 pm under Expats Mauritius. See you there!! should anyone have a problem call me on 7251493.

ok ...seeu thr !!

hi pals gud to knw expats meetign up i was in grand baie earlier even i wud like to join...m vishal from india m here in mauritius since january m an architect and a product designer... i knw a very good location in grand baie.,. spinnakers pub and grill... i can get u guys 20% discount also.... do get in touch... at the monet m in quatre bornes.. my no 7354636

i dont have car m screwed up for travelling yaaaa :-(((((((

For those of you guys who can't attend, nos amis canadien par ex, I will organise another meet up next month.