Transporting a cat from Mauritius to South Africa

Does anyone have any information on transporting a house cat from Mauritius to South Africa ?
Many thanks .

Hi Brent. 

Call this guy:
Airpet Relocation (Mauritius)
Mr N.Hurry (Sunil)
+230 52 56 8113
5, Renganaden Seenneevassen Street, 2nd Floor, Lai Wan Chut Building, , Port Louis

I used him twice before trying to plan our move for my cats to Mauritius.  He is great and responsive.  This was for the importation into Mauritius, however, I recently relocated to South Africa with my two cats from the EU and it was straight forward if you are using the pet relocation companies.  It's just the safest and best way to know that everything you need is correct and that your kitty is taken care of.  The exporting company should have a preferred partner (like Global Paws) to do the vet check and airport clearance once they arrive in SA. 

If you wanted to do everything by yourself, you can go onto www.pettravel.com and purchase a "Pet Passport" which is a pack of documents that will give you the to do steps.  You would need to just select the departing and arriving countries.  I used this to make sure I was on top of everything 100% of the time.  My advise would still be to use an agency...

I hope this helps...  Good luck with your move.  SA is pretty chilled at the moment ;)

Hey, yes I have this contact
Mr N.Hurry (Sunil)   +23052568113
http://www.airpetrelocation.com/

I am actually trying to get my cat from Melbourne, Australia. Did your cats have to stay in quarantine when you brought them into Mauritius? And if so, how long for?
Thanks in advance!
Hayley

Hi Hayley

I know for sure that there are different rules coming from that part of the world.  Check out pettravel.com and get yourself that pet passport I mentioned.  It's not pricey.. maybe 20 Euro at the most.

From Europe my cats would have only quarantined for 5 working days.  We had to change course and return to SA due to the border closures in Mauritius. 

From South Africa, all animals will quarantine for 30 days (even if your animal transits through Africa, if I remember correctly).  You can visit you animals in quarantine on a daily basis, but one month is crazy.

I have decided to not move to Mauritius because of this.   :/  Let's see what rules the future holds ;).

Good luck and safe travels for your kitty - it's a far way to travel!

I asked a Mauritian pet travel company recently, from SA they must have been vaccinated for rabies and a month quarantine on island.