Cost of having braces in Mauritius

Hello everybody. I have been looking for an affordable cost of an orthodontist to align my teeth. Anyone?

Thank you

Hello,

The cost can vary greatly from one dentist to the other. From MUR 10,000 to 20,000 or even more.
Darné Clinic in Curepipe has a good dental facility

Thank you Mr WinstonH.

Curepipe would be 1:15 ride from flacq by bus. To go for the  monthly visit and to travel back and forth would be a bit challenge for me. One that is closer would be better.

I don't know any dentist in the Flacq/Eastern region unfortunately. Hope someone else here can help you.

for real i thought it would cost me Rs80, 000....
can i pay monthly??

Rs 80,000 is too much to pay. Generally, in the country where I came from, patients pay their orthodontist monthly until it finish. And minimum downpayment depends on how much your total fees. Some orthodontist will ask you to pay  about 35,000-60,000 depending on how bad your teeth are. The total fees will be divided on how long you will be going. For example, the total fees 50,000 this amount will be divided into 24 months or sometimes 36 months( if you have a crooked teeth), equal the amount you will pay monthly. And the reason that patients pay monthly is every month that patient will go see the orthodontist for tightening of the braces. I don't know how it goes here in Mauritius as I am still looking for an orthodontist closeby.

thank you very much...your answer is really helpful🔅

My pleasure...do let me know when you find one

Thanks

yes of course, don't worry😇

Hi.i dont know if you already found someone for your orthodotics treatment but there is a dentist in flacq near Darwin colleges who provides orthodontic treatment.you can check there.

Hello I have a question it's been a while since I wanted to put braces but I a little confused. Can we put braces even if we have one grillz(golden teeth)?

@GuestPoster268 i just got my braces and i got it done by orthodentist baichoo at pamplemousses. he is really good and concerning the price, i find it more cheaper than what others were offering

Hello Radhiyyah a,

Thank you for your suggestion.

But accounts named GuestPoster/Guest followed by numbers are deleted accounts.

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@WinstonH can police officers of fire fighters wear braces

@WinstonH can police officers or fire fighters wear braces on duty ?

Hello  Mo Syed,

Well, you can call at the police station and enquire...

You will 100% get an official answer.

Regards,

Bhavna

@Radhiyyah a heyy how much did you pay?

@Tisha Canthiram hello and welcome !

Please note that it's been a while since that member last logged in.

I would suggest that you google search the professional she mentioned and give him a call to enquire.

I have (ceramic) braces as well (I don't think they are the cheapest) I paid Rs76,000 for fixed appliance + additional fees for consultation and scans etc Maybe Rs 5000 more

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna hii one more question... Which doctor did you go?

@Tisha Canthiram Sending you private message. It is in Quatre-Bornes

@WinstonH hey im like 15 so can i get braces for free?

@WinstonH im 15 so can i get free braces in the government dental clinic?🥲

@Tomatoma2241

Hello, request your parents to contact the dentistry department of the hospital of your region to enquire.

Regards

Bhavna

hello, im an international student looking for where i can do my teeth alignment at a cheap or low cost

@jm2319

Hello and welcome !

Teeth alignment is not cheap. It comes with additional costs like scans etc. Do you have health insurance ?

Regards

Bhavna