Employment Pass

Hi guys, Just want to know if anyone is facing the same problem as mine. Ive been waiting for my employment pass since 15th May 2023. First, the agent told me that it will only take 2 weeks to process to get to my employment pass. Then, suddenly they ask me to wait for another 2 weeks which is total 4 weeks. After 4 weeks, they ask me to wait for another 2 weeks again.

After 6 weeks of waiting time, I thought I can finally get my employment pass and start working in singapore. It shown Invalid- your application has not been aproved. Please talk to your employer or agent in the MoM website.

So I follow the Instruction and talk to the agent that gave me the job. The agent told me that the company was giving me too high salary and failed to submit something to the MoM. Thats why the result is Invalid. After that, I ask them if they will help me to appeal for it after the company submited the documents that MoM needed. Then they told me that they didnt appeal for my aplication instead the agent help me to apply again. Then, the agent ask me to wait for another 3 weeks. I ask them if the result shown invalid was my problem then they answer me it is not my problem but the company.

First Application- 15th May 2023

Invalid- 27th June 2023

Second Application- 28th June 2023

Is anyone facing the same problem as me or anyone has the similar experience? To be honest, I dont mind to wait for another 3 weeks. But I dont want to wait for another 3 to 6 weeks then they tell me that my application invalid again. By the way, my brother only took 2 to 3 weeks to get his employment pass back in 2021.

There is, of course, no guarantee that your application would be approved at any given time or at all. After all, it is the purpose of an application process that MoM checks whether you and the employer are eligible. That assessment takes as long as it takes - and comparing it to other cases (e.g. your brother years ago) serves no other purpose than showing that each individual case is different.

That said, it seem to me that your agent is not well-versed in dealing with MoM. This is unfortunately common with such "agents". I recommend you skip them in future and contact the employer directly - they are the official applicant, they receive all communication from MoM and, according to what you wrote, they also have to supply the documents MoM still needs.

I hope that you didn't have to pay this "agent" for the visa application? That would be illegal under Singapore law and only shows the "agent" is a scammer (which is also unfortunately common ...).

@beppi Thank you for your time to reply to my post and I appreciate your response. Yes, I dont need to pay any money to that agent. Based on what I know, those agents they actually employed by my employer.

Is there any specific reasons why it took so long? So it is possible that the 2nd application will take the same time and end up Invalid again? 😅

Anything below two months processing time is considered normal - and there is no reason your second application would be faster. (Appeals are usually a bit faster, though.)

And of course there is no guarantee that it would be more successful than the first - the key here is finding out and removing the rejection reason!

@beppi I not sure if they are giving me another reason after 3 weeks of waiting time again. But they did told me that the company already submited the documents that MoM needed. Thank you