Someone here works in the automotive industry in Mauritius?

Hello,

I just had vacation on the island, I have a friend who works over there, and a significant experience as an expat in Africa, I mean I know what it is... 1f609.svg

I plan to come over in a few months, and find out a job in a company, cause I think I'm afraid I won't be able to get the self-employed visa, because of my "industrial" profile..

I have a very specific knowledge in the automotive industry, is there someone here who works in this area in Mauritius, then we could talk a bit? Thanks.

@CHCH34, given that the Mauritius automotive market is relatively small, I believe that the need is only on sales and service.  Depending on which route you take (sales or service) there are several small to medium size companies that you can apply for.  In the area of innovation and / or new applications, I am not aware of anyone working on this as it is not a priority investment area. Recommend that you attend an expat.com event and start your connection network there.  Hope that this helps.

Dear CHCH34,

Unless if you want to work in another field such as in the Airconditioning & Refrigeration industry, then i can possibly help you. Send me your CV and we talk after.

Good Day meanwhile, welcome back...

Recommend that you attend an expat.com event and start your connection network there.
-@prospectorland

Thanks for your reply, I would love to, but I'm still in France... But I will probably come back soon!

another field such as in the Airconditioning & Refrigeration industry
-@Pravis

Thanks for your help, but it has nothing to do with that... it's another field!

To be a bit more precise, I don't need market studies or figures or anything like that, I just need contacts of people fully involved in this area.. for example an expat who works for a famous automotive brand, or in a medium size multi-brand garage... Yourself or an acquaintance! ;)

@CHCH34 , I know a few persons in the industry in Mauritius but this is not something that is easy to refer.  I will be in Mauritius in June and will try to attend an expat.com meeting there.  Let's discuss in person first as I don't want to send you on a wild goose chase.  Hope that this helps.

I will be in Mauritius in June
-@prospectorland

I won't be in Mauritius in June, I will probably come back before... April maybe.