Suggestions for PR application 2023

If you are looking for what are the criteria I was referring in my previous comment. Below are few critical points which scores big during in a selection process (be it PR or citizenship):

1. Individual's  family ties to Singaporeans
  2. Economic contributions in our society
  3. Individual's educational qualifications (passing out from a premier institutes have an advantage)
  4. Candidate's age plays a role as Singapore is one of the senior people society so preference given to younger generation
  5. Individual's family profile means if your family is already part of Singapore society then chances are higher for you to adopt our culture and values
  6. Overall length of residency in Singapore

Hi everyone,

I am wondering what would be my chance of getting the PR approval would be (just applied a few days ago), here's my background:

Nationality: Indonesian

Ethnicity: Indonesian Chinese

Work Pass: Employment Pass

Martial Status: Single

Education: Electrical and Electronic Engineering from local poly in SG and Bachelor of Information Systems from SMU

Annual Salary: ~ 66,000 SGD + Bonus

Duration in Singapore: 2015-2022 (Poly + Uni), 2022-2023 (Work): Total - 8 years

Length of work: 10 months (same company since Internship from 2020)

Languages spoken: English, Indonesian, Basic Chinese

Currently on a tuition grant bond for 3 years

Thank you and really appreciate it!

Positive side of your case is that you have spend good time here from studying to working. Indonesian is not a preferred community but your race is an advantage.  You are young and can be contributed into NS. Job looks good which is in demand and lesser local expertise.

The drawback is you have started working recently so technically you have not contributed anything to the society economy point of view as you are having tuition grant of 3yrs.

Nothing wrong in try, good luck.

Thank you @surya2k so do you mean that if I applied slightly later once I have paid my income tax that would be better?

Hi everyone,

I am wondering what would be my chance of getting the PR approval would be (just applied in Feb), here's my background:

Pass: LTVP with PLOC ; LTVP approval within 2 weeks in Dec 2021, renewed LTVP again in Nov 2022 (this time standard 6weeks procedure)

Salary: 2550 exclude bonus etc

Education: O' LVL and A'LVL at SG government school and Bachelor degree at SIM-GE

Duration in Singapore: 2008-2017(Sec-Uni), 2018 (indonesia), late 2021-2023 (SG-working)

Languages spoken: English, Indonesian,Chinese

Martial Status: married since Nov 2019 (ROM in SG)

Husband: SG SC (previously indonesian chinese, converted after NS)

Salary: 4000 exclude bonus etc (planning to change job soon)

Education: similar to me

We are from the same secondary school.

Thank you and really appreciate it!

Chances are more to get PR because of your husband is now Singaporean and served NS.

Is it your first time applying PR? Do you have kids? If yes, then apply all together give additional chances. Good luck

Hi, can I get your advice for PR application based on the profile below and how long should I stay in SG to submit the application to increase my chance?

Here's the background:

Nationality: UK, Race: Chinese, Born and raised in HK

Pass: EP since Jan 2023

Annual salary: SGD 200K

Wife's background:

Nationality: Thai, Race: Chinese

Pass: EP, will be coming to Singapore in June 2023

Used to study in SG during secondary school

Annual salary: SGD 180K

@Expat2023 Apply when you and you wife have been here for three years!

@beppi my PR application approved. Thank You

@Kamal Pathmanathan Congratulations! You must have something in your profile that makes you desirable for Singapore. Is it niche skills, or investments, or what?

Thank you buddy. I am working in a NEA waste to energy project, I guess that could be.

@Kamal Pathmanathan Do you mind sharing a bit more? Would be good to understand your tenure in Singapore and anything around social integration, investments etc.

Hi everyone,

I am 23 and planning to apply for PR. I was wondering if my PR application is accepted, do I need to serve national service?

Dear Connections,

Can you help me to improve my chances for PR? Thank you for your time.

Name: John Samuel

Birthplace: India

Company:  IHiS - Integrated Health Information Systems

Salary: 125K per annum

In Singapore: From Oct 2014 to now in EP Pass (total: 8.6 years)

Applied: I applied for PR (2018), which was rejected after nine months. Appealed again and took another 6 months to reject. This is my second application

Education: Both are post graduates in India

My family is with me for 5 years, currently, she is taking care of my daughter (She was working in Singapore for more than 4 years), who is 5 years old (Born in India).

Last time I applied through an agency, but this time planning to submit myself.

Could you advise what is the chance for my family to get PR in Singapore as my wife is currently not working?

We love Singapore and wish to be part of this great community.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

@fighter0029

No if you apply pr  by s or epass route but if u apply pr through ur student pass or foreigner studying in Singapore scheme, then you are liable for NS.

@fighter0029

Without giving any information other than your age, it's difficult to comment.

But, what do you mean by whether your PR will be accepted or not? Do you mean your PR approval? Please provide more info.

@john samuel79

You have 40% chances, your salary and job is in positive side whereas your race and child gender at negative side because there is a race quota system where major race Chinese has the highest, next is Malay then Indian Tamilian and other Indian races. In gender preference, sorry to say preference is given who has sons for future NS. Wishing you and family good luck

@fighter0029 Only second generation PR are liable for NS. Are your parents PR?

@john samuel79 Whether you want to be part of the community is immaterial here.

Other than yor race, everything looks o.k. But what have you done or what will you do (in ICA's eyes) to benefit the Singapore society and/or economy? Just living and working here (and paying taxes) is not enough - you already do that without PR!

@Shekhz

Dear Friend,

I actively participate in volunteer events organized by my company, but unfortunately, I haven't had many opportunities for additional social service or interaction.

Regarding investments, I currently keep my savings in the bank and haven't explored other options.

However, I have tailored my profile to align with Singapore's vision and mission, which is why I am currently involved in a project aimed at reducing carbon footprint. This project encompasses activities that are in line with Singapore's goals.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with!

Mine took 9 months... got it in my first try and was pretty straightforward. Proving integration is the most important thing.

Essential docs to include:

Cover letter - my background, why Singapore and how I can contribute and integrate to society

2 letters of recommendation from Singapore citizens - how we know each other, why I'll be good for the country

Resume - my professional qualifications and academic background

Hello fromhktosg,

Please note that free advertising is not allowed on the forum.

Kindly register your business in the appropriate section here > Singapore business directory.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

As a background, I'm an Indian national with Data Science exp. of over 17 years in various APAC countries (Age 40). I applied for PR when I came to SG in just 6 months, to no surprise was rejected (fast).

My friends suggested to gather reference letters of Singaporean nationals who I have interacted socially/professionally. But now that I have it, I just don't know HOW TO UPLOAD them to my PR application. Anyone experienced the same ?? Best regards!

@fromhktosg Hi - but can I ask how did you include cover letter and recommendation letters to your e-PR application? I also have letters but just don't know how/where to use them. Appreciate your help!

@varman How long have you been in Singapore by now? If it is less than three years, I recommend waiting with your application (or do you like wasting your time?).

@beppi Hi there, I have been here for over 4 years. Working for a large enterprise. Any thoughts on my original question around how to submit supporting docs like reference letters, cover letter etc?

@varman Ask ICA - and please come back to post your findings here, so future readers can also learn from it!

Hello Expat forum, was wondering how does our profiles stand for a PR approval.?

Nationality: Indian

Religion: Catholic

Length of Stay in Singapore: 3 years and 7 months

Education: Post Graduate Diploma In Management, Bachelors in Business Administration

Pass: EP

Gross Salary: 100k

Total Work experience: 11 years and 3 months

Singapore Work Experience: 3 Year 8 months, been here since Nov 2019

Marital status: Married

Spouse: Indian with an MBA (India) and BSC, EP holder. Gross $90k

Married : 4 years 7 months

Moved to Singapore together

Has been been working in SG, had a break in between because of layoffs in 2021. Currently Working in a Software company which is in the space of promotion and loyalty as a Customer Success Manager

Previous Application : None, will be applying for the first time and doing it ourselves.

Additional info : Have been ad-hoc volunteers at our neighborhood CC, also active in our church

@andradeclyde Negative points are your race not being Chinese and not having kids. The rest seems o.k. If you are rejected, try again a year or two later!

hello! wondering if i could ask for help to see my chances for my PR application.

nationality: filipino

pass: student pass for 10 years, LTVP+ for 3 years.

duration of stay: will be 14 years this year

education: studied primary school, secondary school and ITE in singapore, currently doing university in an overseas school with plans to continue my studies in sg.

family ties: both my parents are PR, both income sums up around 111k annually excluding bonuses. parents have been here for around 20 years, have been PR for 15 years.

application status: my 4th attempt with my mother's PR sponsorship, also my last attempt as i will be 21 this year and wont qualify anymore as a PR's 21 and under child. my application has been pending for 7 months, making this my longest pending application. i usually get rejected within 4-5 months. my LTVP+ will be expiring this september. the uni im hoping to attend here in sg is also having their intake this september and im wondering if i could write a letter enquiring on my application status (my parents cannot afford uni in SG as a student pass) but worried it could ruin my chances. hoping for advise on my chances and if i should write in to ica or just leave it be.

currently doing university in an overseas school with plans to continue my studies in sg.

You cannot apply for PR while studying overseas. I recommend you try again after your return.

You did not mention vital aspects of your situation, like race, your income (your parent's does not matter for your own PR application), etc. So it is difficult to assess your chances and potential rejection reason.

hi, my race is filupino. my pr is not independent, ive mentioned that my pr application is under my mother's sponsorship. im also currently residing in singapore as my school as ive mentioned was still online throughout. i never left singapore during my studies.

It's bit surprise that you have been for so long in SG and studying since childhood.

The only drawback is your race as they have quota system here and your race doesn't represent more than 0.5% or so. But you can try writing a letter to ICA to provide your point why you need a PR and what was your contribution towards society and all kind volunteering during your study period. Hope ICA would consider. Good luck

@surya2k thank you so much for ur response! i will go ahead and do that. thank you!

Hi, I'm wonderinv what is the chances if I'm PR now. Below is my profile.

Nationality: Malaysian

Race: Chinese

Education: Bachelor Degree (Malaysian local government Uni)

Working Experience:

2 years in Malaysia

4.5 years in Australia

1 years and 3 month now in Singapore

Management Trainee

Pass: E pass

Salary: 3.1K Monthly

Thank you 😊

Hi, I'm wonderinv what is the chances if I'm PR now. Below is my profile.
-@Henry2853

If you are already PR now, after just over a year in Singapore, I want to know how you managed that?!?

I assume your question then is, how to become citizen? The answer: Wait a few more years!

Hi, would be great if you could assess my chance of getting the approval for my PR application. Here's my profile:

Race: Chinese

Education: Bachelor Degree

Pass: E-Pass

Salary: 160K annum

Tenure: 1,5 years in Singapore

Other factors:

• My only sibling is a Singapore's PR (been living here for 10 years and applying for a citizenship now) also married to a Singaporean

• Currently work for one of a Singapore's government-owned companies

Thank you

@cabsav88 Being 34 without marrying and having kids is negative,

Everything else looks o.k.

Can some one assess my profile

Age-41

Race-Indian

Highest qualification- MTech (Master)

Status- on EP, 12 years in Singapore

Married and my wife is homemaker. We have 6 years girl and 3 years boy born here.

PR pending since Jul 2022

This is my 4th time applied for PR

Annual income -130K

If you think my chances are low , can you help me to understand where it went wrong and if possible how can i improve my profile.

@liveinsg The onlynegative aspect I can see in what you wrote is your race not being Chinese. But there are also other factors, of course, like your and your wife's skills and education and how that fits Singapore's needs - and integration into the local society (as shown by e.g. volunteering).

But since no clear criteria are ever published by ICA, all this is speculation.