S pass application and appeal

My Spass application submitted on 23 June 2022. MOM rejected on 28 June 2022 because of Quota issue. I asked my employer about quota. She replied they have quota and they did appeal on 30 June 22. On 18 July 22, Mom sent email that " they will need more time to review it. We will make every effort to get back to you within the next 3 weeks" . That's why I would like to know is this the normal time and cause? I worry MOM will reject again and take more time over 1 month. In my current job, my resignation date is 31 July 22. That is why please kindly reply my above situation and how long can MOM take time for appeal. Thank you very much 1f64f.svg

Offer Position - Sales & Marketing Executive
Industry- Service sector

Noted: Currently I'm outside Singapore, in my country.

@Hsu Hlaing  Fortunately, you're still in Myanmar. So, you don't have to worry about your visa. First of all, you shouldn't give the notice to resign your current job until your S Pass is approved and you receive an IPA letter. There could be few reasons your S Pass was rejected. Sometimes, if your basic salary is lower than 2,500 SGD, HR has to appeal and it might take another 1-3 weeks to approve. Do communicate with your HR. They should be able to explain all you need to know. It cannot be a quota issue though. If the company doesn't have quota, you wouldn't even get an interview. Don't worry. The hard part to get a job is over since you've already been offered a position.

Thanks, Minolo, for your excellent reply!
Just one thing to add: There is no chance to get a S-Pass below S$2500/month salary, so an appeal makes no sense in that case!
My Spass application submitted on 23 June 2022. MOM rejected on 28 June 2022 because of Quota issue. I asked my employer about quota. She replied they have quota and they did appeal on 30 June 22. On 18 July 22, Mom sent email that " they will need more time to review it. We will make every effort to get back to you within the next 3 weeks" . That's why I would like to know is this the normal time and cause? I worry MOM will reject again and take more time over 1 month. In my current job, my resignation date is 31 July 22. That is why please kindly reply my above situation and how long can MOM take time for appeal. Thank you very much 1f64f.svg

Offer Position - Sales & Marketing Executive
Industry- Service sector

Noted: Currently I'm outside Singapore, in my country.
- @Hsu Hlaing

Hi, I think it depends. For my colleague it took 7 months , total of 3 appeals. But that was during the height of COVID when the SG government was trying to prioritise jobs for locals. If you have quota, I think it will be approved soon given the fact that you already worked here. Maybe do an SAT test on the MOM website to check if your salary and experience match the MOM criteria for SPass.

@beppi I agree. The minimum salary for S pass if I'm not mistaken is $3000.

@Mcrb1995 I checked the MoM website before writing my message above: It says S$2500 - see https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi … igibility. Of course this number increases with work experience (at a non-published rate), so for a certain personal situations the minimum might well be S$3000.

@Hsu Hlaing Hi can I know how's your appeal? Any update?

@Adeea Thank you all for reply to my status. Now my appeal is still pending . It had taken over 5 weeks ago. When I asked my HR, she replied that 'now pending and can be approved after 5 min or one day or one week. All are up to MOM'. I check daily my status via MOM website. Whenever I checked , It always shows pending. God bless me. Thank you 1f64f.svg1f64f.svg1f64f.svg

@Minolo Thank your for your reply Minolo. Now my appeal is srill pending. It had taken over 5 weeks ago.

@Hsu Hlaing Just curious so after do appeal is it the status is changed from rejected to pending, when u check on website by yourself? 

@Adeea from 30 June to until now, it is showing pending. HR submitted appeal on 30 June.

@beppi

@Minolo

Hello Ei Nyein,

Yes, please, how can we help you ? Do you have any question ? I fear that your question/text wasn't submitted

Regards,

Bhavna

@Hsu Hlaing any update from your s pass ?