Broken dream

Imagine realising your dream of living abroad for years and then, by unforseen circumstances, having to return to your home country.

Sound familiar? What was the reason for the return and how did you feel?

Still living the dream? How would you feel if it happened to you?

home is where the heart is. you make the most of where u are, regardless of the geography. u are still u, and u are still living a dream, ur dream.

live it :D

Thanks legacy,

It is true that my husband and I (and recently our little boy) have always traveled together and have turned to each other for love and support.

But the thought of giving up this life really saddens me.

when god closes a door, he opens a window. feel the breathe. maybe this is your chance to reassess where u want to be in life, reinvigorate and take the bull by the horns :)

maybe going back to, Germany is it? is a step in the right direction toward your long term future.

I don't see a future in Belgium, a country without a government, on the verge of breaking in two.

But, to say it with another cliché, life has given me lemons, I have no choice but to learn how to make lemonade.

I guess the news is still sinking in, I just need to vent. I'll soon find my lust for life again. :D

I finally arrived in Cuenca and just love it. People, the locals and the expats are beautyful and kind, so much to explore and enjoy. The weather is a bit cold, but that is the South American winter. When my friend Ingrid and I were here in January and February to explore the country it was much warmer. But consider Cuenca is close to the Equator and at an altidue of 2530 meters, higher than mountains in Europe, so naturaly the climate is different. At the present very cold at night and very hot when the tropical sun beats down on us. Suncreen, sunglasses and hats are very important. I will write soon again on very important and interresting subjects but now I have something very important to do. I am learning Spanish. If you don't speak the language you pay much higher prices (the "Gringo Tax") because people think you are rich and naive about prices here. So one important advise "Learn Spanish"
Hasta la Vista the Gemini lady

Meet other expats and join the events

OR