Work Pass Application in Singapore

Hi, I am currently being recruited by NUS as a postdoctoral research fellow and the HR team has just told me that my work pass application is rejected after 3 weeks of waiting, due to insufficient quota from them. But they mention about appealing to MOM and ask me to send my educational  certifs and wait for more 3-4 weeks (actually I have given these documents as I remember, but I sent it to them again as per their request). My major is quite specific and there is no such mention about the problem regarding my documents. The offered salary is also competitive in my opinion. Is there anyone who has same experience like this? I wonder what will be the outcome of the appeals, as I have no idea about this issue. Any recommendations would be highy appreciated due to my circumstances now. Thank you!

@Mickey235 what Pass they applied for you? If its due to Quota it has to be S Pass and then there is nothing from your end that you can do because quota is not controlled by Employee.. if Salary is above 4500 and this is your first Work Pass push them to apply Employment Pass for you..

Sonueng is correct: Quota issues only apply to S-Pass and are entirely due to the employer - nothing to do with your education or certificates (which were most likely not even checked yet).
There is no quota system for EP, thus if the employer can raise your salary above the EP threshold (which, contrary to Sonueng, is not S$4500/month but usually higher - check the SAT!) and applies for EP, you may be more lucky. Alternatively, they could hire more locals (or fire another foreign employee) to create space for you in their S-Pass quota.
An appeal without one of the above measures has no chance of success.

@sonuengg123 hi, thank you for your reply. They applied S-Pass for me, although the offered salary is higher than $4500. I have no idea why they dont apply EP instead of S-Pass, but it might be due to my work experience as I am fresh PhD graduate.. let me ask the HR about this issue

@beppi hi, really thank you for your feedback. Will try to discuss about this with the HR team as both of you are right, there is nothing I can do from my end… I hope there will be a good way for me to get work pass and start my project soon there.

@Mickey235 Well you must check Self Assessment Tool and if that says you Qualify for an EP you must ask them to apply for it so there are no Quota pre-requisites.

@sonuengg123 yeah, thank you for your helpful information! :)

@Mickey235 Hello Mickey, any updates on your application?

@Mickey235 Do you have any updates on your situation? I just got an offer from NUS as a postdoc and I am getting very anxious. I've done the self-assessment on the MOM website and it says I am only eligible for S-Pass, which will be likely to be rejected..for the same reason :(

@Mickey235

@gptn hi there, my spouse was also accepted in NUS for a postdoc position and offered S-pass. It was rejected twice before we finally can be here. So, just go with the flow and keep your finger crossed. After few months, HR converted my spouse's S-pass to E-pass. So, good luck!