Divorce or annulment

Sadly I was just married 3 weeks ago. As soon as I married him… let's just say his abuse started. I left and went back to the United States due to this. I am at a complete loss on what I need to do to divorce this person.
Can I divorce him from the United States without coming back to morocco?

@Abays1984  im so sorry to hear that this has happend and well done you for getting awat straight away. A annulment should be fine fo you ti do from the states, contact local lawyer as they will be able to assist you correctly

@Abays1984 hi Truly sorry for this and happy your now safe and found out his true colours much sooner rather than later.

Yes you can conduct it in the USA but the fastest way to annul it would be within l morocco. But I can understand why you won't want to come back to do this. Reach out to the local embassy to seek this advise and request at the Moroccan embassy or request a lawyer to reach them. You can also try to annul it in the USA under usa law speak to a lawyer about it as it for better advise.
Hello , i am sorry for what happened really , some people show they real face after marriage but its okey don't feel sad there is always a solution .

The fast way to divorce him need you to be in Morocco and have a lwayer because he will not agree the divorce so you need to face him in a court session and apply the divorce process .

The court will make you divorce after three seasons if they see you don't want to stay with him anymore , this divorce way is when you ask divorce and he dont want it .

There is a divorce called ( agreement ) this one is a deal between you and him and its about 15 days process and you get the divorce .

To divorce him from United States you need a lawyer and your embassy here so it will take lot of time on the process  .

Maybe there is a member here have an experience with divorce from usa so he/she can help you with that .
Very sorry indeed to hear about your situation. What a waste of time, money and effort.

I know absolutely nothing about divorce but I would advise you to relax and get your life back on track. You understandably aren't thinking a straight right now.
Unless you yourself are in a hurry for a divorce I would sit back and let him fester. At least he won't be free to rush out and do the same to some other poor unsuspecting woman. He's trapped in a marriage with no wife and no prospect of getting a meal ticket to another country.

Revenge is best served cold.

I wish you better things in the future
Annullment is much harder to do than divorce, as you will have to give more reasons and evidence to annul over divorce.

Divorce in morocco can be simple and fast, but only if both people agree to it, but if one side (male) doesn't want it, it is longer than if the female doesn't want it.

I've been through the process myself as non Moroccan, and as both sides agreed, it was straight forward. Write the divorce papers, submit them to the court,  receive a date, attend court, after see adoul, sign papers, 2 weeks later take copy of divorce certificate.

Fortunately because it was mutual with no money to be given to either side, (judge was pushing her to receive maintenance payments from me, even though we had been married a coupe of months, to which she declined).

As a woman, you don't have the same rights as that of a man, so you are best of seeking the help of a lawyer. Sadly I have seen a man beating his wife in the street, and no one could do anything about it, would do anything about it. If she wasn't his wife it would have been different... crazy!

Physicality against men or women in marriage has no place in this world, not now, or ever. As to a previous comment about making him sweat... it won't, as he's free to marry another 3 women.

He can create a paper with the court bailiff asking for your return, so he is not financially liable for your absence, if you choose not to return. Do you have proof of the physical abuse registered at the local police station? You will need this to assist with divorce. Currently you are the one in the wrong for abandoning the family home.

Get a lawyer, (hope you receive a female judge on the day, I did) and stay strong!

D

Yes you can. Not sure if your case is the same as mine. Contact me and I'll send you my lawyer's info he can advise you better

@Dizzl

Hi there, I'm on the same boat. I just got married. First I was there and 3 hours before the marriage, she did not want to do a party or ceremony. I felt it is odd. After 5 months, she convinced me and I was on vacation there. She had me sign the marriage. After some research and I think it is suspicious. Can I divorce her from US while she is there?

please can you share how did you do it and what is easiest and faster way for me?

@Abays1984 I would put it this way: Since your spouse is not in the United States and lacks any associated documentation (such as a Social Security Number and ID) there, it means your marriage may not be recognized as valid in the U.S. Essentially, without it being formalized in the States, it's as though it's unnoticed and lacks relevance here. Focus on your healing and self-care for now, and let thoughts of him be secondary until you feel more grounded. If he's unhappy with the situation, he has the option to initiate a divorce on his own. Consider distancing yourself and, if it comes to it, exploring legal avenues to compensate for your time and any distress caused.

@Andre Petion

Thank you for the response. First, no the marriage is recognized in US. Also, she is not giving up. She wants this so badly.

@Belt99

Hi there, Iam on the same boat. Please can I contact you privately to see how that works?

I am hearing too many stories like this which is now putting me in doubt whether I should marry my fiancée or call it quits 😔

@muzzichuzzi there are many factors to consider. Take your time. No need to rush into marriage.

@muzzichuzzi Not everyone is the same. If you don't have any doubts and she acts nicely and honestly, there shouldn't be a problem. There are many nice couples happily married. Not everyone is a gold digger.

But if you meet a girl in a nightclub or a bar, it could be dangerous. The same goes for guys working in tourism; it's always a minefield.

@ExpatServicesMarrakech

Appreciate your comment.

@Yasmin21

Yasmin I am due to fly on 15th of this month and also my family will be flying over too and I am hoping that nothing turns out to be like as other people's experience. Although I have met the girls family, they are respectful and her brothers and sister are also kind and so far didnt sense anything which could make me think that shes either after money or passport. I did ask her once and she got extremely upset so fingers crossed. I do not see any bad in her but only GOD knows what lies within the person's heart.