Paying bills in Morocco

Hello everyone,

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in Morocco?

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?

With what frequency are different bills sent in Morocco? Are there different deadlines for payment?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hello,

Usually bills are not included in the rent, apart if you negotiate it with the landlord first.
Electricity/ water are payed at the end of the month, as well as your internet or mobile (if you took a contract) . You either can pay them online using some apps or you go to  the agency.

The bills are not really high , all manageable  :)

I hope this was a joke. No paying bills here is nothing like America. Everything is cash. And you have to go to each individual place and PAy each bill. So I have a place I pay my water a place I pay my electricity. I give my rent to the owner and money to my door man. I pay for my gas every time I need a new container. I pay my phone bill at the telecom store. And everything is cash only. In America I did everything on my card and autopay. Here they won't let Me take dirhams to the bank bc I used American money to open the account I can transfer but not deposit the money I make. So pretty much my bank is in my undies draw. Which means buying big things is awful. Now with all this negative things said, I like morocco more than America. All these bills equal less than my phone bill was in America. You don't need credit for anything even big things, oddly  they seem to trust us. And no one asks wierd questions like d have you been to prison or anything. It's all basic and worth it to live somewhere relaxed and fun! Just becareful, everyone will try and scam you bc they think your rich... bc to them you are

Hi,

Amendis(water/elec.) Online with my bank account. Every 2 months approx.
Just log in onto their website, where you need to provide your name, client and contract numbers in order to see the outstanding balance and the payment options.

Orange(phone bill through app) online with my local bank account. Monthly.
ONCF, online.. I travel often with the train.
Company tax and vat will be payed online as of next year.

Never had a problem with the online payment.  You just need to ask your bank manager to make it available for your account. You need to provide a phone number(for the confirmation sms with code the bank sends you when paying) and sign a document.

Pretty much anything else, I pay with my bank card where possible(supermarket, mall, hotel), but mostly cash ofcourse for the needs of every day life.

That was not a joke!!  You will be happy to know that you can do it online here, just by logging to there website. Check with your bank and ask for more payement facilities or simply open an account here.