Singapore entry

hi! good afternoon everyone.
Im new here. im writing to seek advices and tips.
im planning to go to SG soon mainly for tourism. 5 years ago i was refused entry to Singapore. i was A to A.  Is it safe for me to try to come to SG again? or do i need to make an appeal to ICA first?

THANK YOU
Pardon me, what's A to A?

Do you have a valid visa approved to travel to SG as a tourist?
@Shekhz I am from the philippines so its Visa upon arrival for us.

AtoA means Airport to Airport.. i was refused entry . stayed at the immigration room for like 18 hours til they got a flight for me. was sent back home
It's best to write to ICA and seek clarity before you fly in to Singapore. Depends on the violation, only ICA can advice here.

@abelitachabelita: Hi, same my situation..i decided to go Sg after 2 years of A to A..i even had my student pass (ICA approved) it..but when i was in immigration, still they didn't let me in. I had full documents but still! I sent an appeal letter and they replied that I need to have a local/pr sponsorship before entering Sg again. 😣

It's common if there is an adverse record, any dues or violations or incomplete documentation during your last visit that you wouldn't be permitted to enter Singapore :)

@Shelly Y.  . Thank you for  sharing .  gosh!  yeah i think thats what im gonna do.  thats what i have known also that theres a need to find a local sponsor.. When did you try to come back to SG?  whats your nationality btw?  have you gotten someone who can sponsor you?

@abelitachabelita : Just last February (this year). Should go to study, but still unable. Im from Philippines too. And I don't know anyone to sponsor me. So I'm still here in our country until my student IPA got expired. 😂

@Shelly Y. hi shelly.. i got a reply from the ICA.. its stated in it that getting a local sponsor is not required.. i think i will try to travel there soon.. hopefully i can get in.

@abelitachabelita : wow..good for you abe ☺️ Maybe because it's past 5 years already that's why they send you like that. 🙂

@Shelly Y.   i wonder why you were still refused.. what do you think you lacked that barred you from entering? were you employed that time? your funds were more than sufficient?  im really curious why.. 2 years is a long gap already..

Hi all!

Good day!

I'm writing this question to clear my doubt on my upcoming Singapore visit. I haven't found exact question so I'm posting question here for my clarification. Sorry if any inconvenience caused.

I got an opportunity from a company in Singapore and due to no S pass quota they have applied work permit for me. But that was got rejected.Company tried two times and work permit is not for Engineers it was rejected. This happened in April 2022. (Still the company is planning to apply E pass but yet didn't proceed)

I'm from Sri Lanka. My cousin brother (PR holder) visited to Sri Lanka for his vacation and he asked me to come with him to visit them and roam the country as he knows my previous rejection made me to feel down. As I know, visa will be provided on arrival for Sri Lankans.

I also got leave approval from my current employer to visit the country. I have booked ticket for round trip.

My question is the work permit application rejection will impact on my social visit pass in immigration? What are the types of questions I can expect on  immigration?

My friend who visited recently said currently ICA allowing job seekers to the country so that won't be an issue. But I'm still concerning on this matter. Please advice.
Hello,

"My question is the work permit application rejection will impact on my social visit pass in immigration?" -- Definitely there is no impact.

"What are the types of questions I can expect on  immigration? " -- They "might" ask where will you be staying during the duration of your trip, what is your travel itinerary, maybe ask if you have enough funds to support the trip etc. 

On top of my head, these are the questions they might ask you .

Also, you will need to fill this out before your trip: https://www.ica.gov.sg/enter-depart/ent … rival-card

Cheers.

@garceinpink Thank you so much for your guidance on this matter. I will do the needful. :)