Single Permit Processing in 2022

@dee_keem hello.
Did your employer receive an email with this request for additional docs? And which kind of docs do they want?
-@OlTr

Yes they received an email but I also saw it when I tracked the application online

They asked for medical certificate and criminal record

@MAITT

Update

Submitted - 22 May

WP- 18 July

RP- Waiting

@dee_keem hello.
Did your employer receive an email with this request for additional docs? And which kind of docs do they want?
-@OlTr
Yes they received an email but I also saw it when I tracked the application online

They asked for medical certificate and criminal record
-@dee_keem

Wow, how can you track the application by yourself? I thought, it's impossible and only an employer can do it.

@MAITT , hi!

Could you, please, tell your region for applying?

Did your employer receive some message from online system?

Hello Everyone,

The company that hired me applied for the permit in Mid-may, this is how it has gone so far:

Type: Initial Single Permit

Region: Flanders (Employer in Limburg, Residenced in Antwerpen)

Date of application: 17-05-2023

No-Reply email: 17-05-2023

Admissible: 10-07-2023

Work Permit: Pending

Single Permit: Pending

If anyone has applied to the permit at a similar date please let me know, I am a bit worried about this.

@OlTr

The region is Flanders.

I am not sure how they got the updates. I didn't ask.

UPDATE:

Region of employer: Brussels (first time application)

Applied: 22 May 2023

No-reply email: 23 May 2023

WP: 19 July 2023

RP: waiting

is there anyone who has received their RP in the last few weeks? Have not seen any updates for RP in a while

Hi guys, I'm getting nervous, have any one received his RP this week or last week or have similar timeline as me?

Flander / highly qualified

No reply : 27 march

WP : 9 May

RP: pending

UPDATE

Region: Flanders (Employer in Limburg, Residenced in Antwerpen)

Date of application: 17-05-2023

No-Reply email: 17-05-2023

Admissible: 10-07-2023

Work Permit: 24-07-2023

Residence Permit: Pending

Hello guys! My wife just posted her passport to the  embassy for a visa stamp,as the embassy requested,how long it's takes for the embassy to repost it to the sender, and how did she know when the passport has been reposted?

@GO94 call ibz or municipality. They release rp and share with municipality but not update from web page nor let u know.

My time line more or less as yours and my situation as I explained above. Rp has been approved but I have not been notified. I learn from ibz help desk via phone

@maharaji1984 thank you for the information, what informations I need to prepare before calling them (passeport ID ...) ? It's my first time application.

if you dont have NSS number then just birth date name surname information will be enough i gues. But if its first time in most case they will inform employer.I thought it was an extention.

I'm sure everyone here is practicing patience, but I can't wait to get any sort of progress :)

Region: Flanders (Employer in Puurs)

Date of application: 11-05-2023

No-Reply email: 11-05-2023

Work Permit: pending

I see some people are already getting their WP from that NR date.

@dee_keem could you please share how you track it online?

Hello everyone,

Since September 2021, I have been working as a truck driver in Belgium.

In May, I resigned from my current job due to harsh working conditions and unfair salary policy.

I made an agreement with a different workplace and they applied for a Renewal Single Permit for me on 02.05.2023.

On 12.07.2023, Vlaanderen informed my new company that the extension of the SP was decided POSITIVE.

But they say I cannot start work yet. What is the next process? What am I waiting for to start working? Could you please inform and guide me?

Application date: 02.05.2023

Date of notification of the POSITIVE decision to extend the SP: 12.07.2023

@dee_keem could you please share how you track it online?
-@augcetoile

You can only track it if you have a Belgium national number and the app called "itsme"

This applies to those in Belgium already

UPDATE

Region: Flanders

Date of application: 26 May 2023

No-Reply email: 26 May 2023

Additional documents requested: 13 July 2023

Additional documents sent: 17 July 2023

Work Permit: 26 July 2023

UPDATE

Region: Flanders (Employer in Puurs)

Date of application: 11-05-2023

No-Reply email: 11-05-2023

Work Permit: 26-07-2023

Region: Brussels

Date of application: 26 May 2023

No-Reply email: 26 May 2023

Additional documents requested: 05 June 2023

Additional documents sent: 15 June 2023

Work Permit: 19 June 2023

Anyone waiting from response from Brussels as well?

@Tathy39 , hi.

My application is also in Brussels.

Time-line is similar to your one, but your WP was quite quicker obtained. There was my update a bit above.

@OlTr

Thank you for your reply! :)

It is so tiresome to be wating for so long on RP. Hoping we hear good news soon!

Does anyone know, if they approve the Residence in order that they received from WP in Flanders? if yes, does anyone know where they are at currently?

Also, does the nationality country add more time? I'm a Brazilian, resident in the US for the past 8 years, would that add to my waiting time or should I be looking at 1-2months from WP date generally?

Thank you

Hi everyone, I just recently started the single permit process. Wanted to start sharing my timeline to keep track and also help those who may have applied around the same time as me:

Region: Flanders (Antwerpen)

No-Reply email: 17/07/2023

I've seen online for Antwerpen specifically that it can take 6+ months; is this true?

@augcetoile I am not 100% sure if the RP processing is done only after there is communication about the WP granted. In this forum, the last update about RP granted was to the people who received their WP in may. This was a while ago and there might be others who got it recently.

Good Morning,

Finally I can share with you my final timeline !

Type: Initial single permit / highly qualified

Region : Flanders

No-reply: 27 mars

WP: 9 May

RP: 31 July

The waiting was very stressful which all of you good luck

Hi everyone, I just recently started the single permit process. Wanted to start sharing my timeline to keep track and also help those who may have applied around the same time as me:
Region: Flanders (Antwerpen)
No-Reply email: 17/07/2023

I've seen online for Antwerpen specifically that it can take 6+ months; is this true?
-@AlishaNelson33

Processing time for Flanders region has been a bit long this year. In the last few months we've seen that the average processing time is around 4 months

Hi everyone,

My final timeline !

Type: Single permit renewal with change of employer / highly qualified

No-reply: 02 June

WP: 26 July

RP: 03 August

Wish you all good luck !

@abdouhz94 Wow! That was so quick! Congratulations

Hi everyone,
My final timeline !
Wish you all good luck !
-@abdouhz94

Congratulations! Your processing time was extremely quick, I wonder if it's because it was a renewal rather an an initial application? In any case, happy that you received everything back okay.

Updates

In my case (highly qualified worker)

Application date: 29 April 2023

No reply: 29 April 2023

File approval: 3 July 2023

WP :  23 July 2023

RP: waiting

I am having issues whether to extend my German residence permit (at this time, I am student in Germany) or not, as it is going to expire in November. If any of you know whether I feel secure or not after WP is approved??

@AKA Ayu

No. Still NO

@Manu John on the website it states how post 4 months if there is no response with respect to rejection, single permit is granted by default. Have you been able to get in touch with the officials to claim this?

Hi everyone,

Here is my file status:

Application 05/07/2023

Work Permit: Waiting

Residence Permit: Waiting

How long could it take for work permit for Flanders approximately?

Update. @AKA Ayu

Region: Flanders - 1st application

N-reply: 14/4

WP: 1/6

Additional Doc Request: 7/8

Additional Doc Sent: 7/8

RP: Waiting...

For some reason, they wanted a scan of my entire passport. I made the mistake of putting my temporary stay address in Belgium for the medical certificate I got, so they wanted to reconfirm my foreign address.

I hope this means I will get approved soon.

Hello everyone, Since September 2021, I have been working as a truck driver in Belgium.In May, I resigned from my current job due to harsh working conditions and unfair salary policy. I made an agreement with a different workplace and they applied for a Renewal Single Permit for me on 02.05.2023. On 12.07.2023, Vlaanderen informed my new company that the extension of the SP was decided POSITIVE.But they say I cannot start work yet. What is the next process? What am I waiting for to start working? Could you please inform and guide me?Application date: 02.05.2023Date of notification of the POSITIVE decision to extend the SP: 12.07.2023.-@H36DriverHello everyone,--UPDATE--Type: Changed employer / RenewalRegion: FlandersApplication date: 02.05.2023WP: 12.07.2023RP: 04.08.2023It's a very tiring process, unfortunately. I wish everyone good luck.I sent an e-mail explaining my process to singlepermit@ibz.fgov.be. I believe this helps to speed up the process. FYI.

Update

Region: Flanders - 1st application

N-reply: 14/4

WP: 1/6

Additional Doc Request: 7/8

Additional Doc Sent: 7/8

RP: 8/8

Single Permit Granted!

1f642.svg

Hi everyone,
My final timeline !
Wish you all good luck !
-@abdouhz94
Congratulations! Your processing time was extremely quick, I wonder if it's because it was a renewal rather an an initial application? In any case, happy that you received everything back okay.
-@AlishaNelson33

thank you! I was expecting to get the RP in September, it was surprising. I don't know, I think there is no logic explanations for the processing order 😅 good luck !

@dryillic

Congratulations! :)

Closed