Ep Renewal still pending since Jun

Hi, my ep renewal still pending since 24 Jun.
28.06 mom request financial & hr documents from company. Submitted in 1 week.
02.08 mom request educational verification report
23.08 received from Avvanz and submitted to mom.

My ep going to be expired this week.
Mom system shows “it may take longer time should we require the inputs of external agencies”
Company will try 2nd extension tomorrow first.

My question: What kind of external agencies they are waiting for? Or they maybe just hold and see the situation? (As the news, unemployment rate is rising, maybe mom may changing internal quota?

Any advices pls share.
Thank you.

Did the status change after Avaanz provided the verification report? Looks like a miss, would be great if there could be a follow up from your company to check on the status.

Thanks Shekhz! Always get to the point. Will let hr check that.

Fanta21 wrote:

Thanks Shekhz! Always get to the point. Will let hr check that.

Let me know how it goes, let's take one step at a time. Per me, the way it is interpreted, the status hasn't been updated and a nudge to MoM stating we have shared the verification report from the external agency and the approval is long due- will do the trick. If something is still pending, they will call out. Try having your submitter insist to speak to the case/ MoM officer, not the call center reps.

I can't help but just to share you're not the only person with this timeline:

EP submitted June 24
July 12 Request for more info including payslips; submitted July 14
July 29 Request for IRAS statement, company audited financials last 3 years plus other company information, plus validation of degree (UK)
August 12 all requested documents submitted

Still no updates.  My HR was quite persistent in calling MOM and was told if they called again it would negatively impact the outcome…

So tomorrow is 11 weeks from initial application and 4 weeks from the submission of all documents requested

madgeroo wrote:

My HR was quite persistent in calling MOM and was told if they called again it would negatively impact the outcome…

Hahaha - good to know that MoM can get as annoyed by overzealous employers as by panicking employees!
But honestly, there is nothing else you or they can do but wait.

Hi everyone.

Sharing with you the details of my journey waiting.

I am an SPASS holder, and received an offer from new employer base salary + fixed anual bonus = 7.2k

They applied EP for me last June 14, 2021.
After almost 13 weeks of waiting, it has been approved today, Sept 8, 2021, but MOM give Spass, as my new employee didnt include the bonus in the declaration.

It is maybe an internal agreement only.
Anyways I have been blessed that my long wait is over!

Thanks for all the advise and information shared on this forum.

Cheers everyone!

Congratulations Leanne! Your story gives me hope!

Hi Shekhz, today mom requested “ pls provide a summary of all the contracts for 2021” we don't understand what is MOM asking for. Could you please give some advices. Thank you

My prospective employer was asked the same:

They want to know which businesses you are working with eg. Who your clients are in 2021
It's to validate cash flow

Fanta21 wrote:

Hi Shekhz, today mom requested “ pls provide a summary of all the contracts for 2021” we don't understand what is MOM asking for. Could you please give some advices. Thank you

Two things to furnish, but would be good to clarify with MoM-

1. If you have had job changes in the past 12 months, provide those employment contract copies
2. Most importantly, company needs to provide substantial evidence on their financials. Where is the money coming from, sales proceeds from customers (contracts), MoM wants to check if the business is legitimate and able to pay your salary (doesn't have to be audited financials).

Many thanks madgeroo and Shekhz.

Should I give mom figures or description?

Fanta21 wrote:

Many thanks madgeroo and Shekhz.

Should I give mom figures or description?

Don't think you have to provide company financials, company does that.

Your supporting documents for prior jobs within the year, or any, share it with the HR.

Would still urge you to speak to your employer and have them call MoM to enquire which specific documents are needed for review.

update…over 100 days but still pending…
Even we submitted financial documents as requested. The status is “ we acknowledge the receipt of documents. Processing time is about 3 weeks, but it may take longer should we require the inputs of external agencies”
Really confused about what agencies they are using and what are they checking. I don't think they are verify my educational as the verification has been submitted more than 1 month and they did ask for financial documents after it.

Will I be the one who wait longest in this forum?

Pending take about 136 days, finally got approval… the last 40+ days was waiting for inputs from external agencies. Good news that mom gave 36 months.