Marriage moroccan husband/dutch wife

Hi everybody,

me and my futur spouse are planning o get married asap, our issue is that she is dutch and lives in France since 2012 and we don't know what will be the best way to get married and to be able to join her where she lives in Paris
please let us know how we should do if the marriage capacity certificate  is suitable for our situation and how long that will take for me to get my visa

many thanks

med9111 wrote:

Hi everybody,

me and my futur spouse are planning o get married asap, our issue is that she is dutch and lives in France since 2012 and we don't know what will be the best way to get married and to be able to join her where she lives in Paris
please let us know how we should do if the marriage capacity certificate  is suitable for our situation and how long that will take for me to get my visa

many thanks

Hi if you'r both getting married in Morocco she would have to make an appointment on the Dutch embassy website to obtain the marriage documents required.

once your officially married you would have to apply for a spouse visa and your wife would have to sponsor you.

Please visit the family court in Morocco for a up to date list of document required for marriage.

As a Dutch national, I got married to my morrocan husband a few weeks ago.
It took almost 5 weeks and lots of paperwork to get married so make sure you're well prepared! It saves a lot of time😉
Good luck and if you have any questions, please let me know!

Thank you for your answer, i want just to know if i should learn dutch language to get my visa or not necessary
Best

Will you be living in The Netherlands or in France?

Requirements for a Dutch visa is that you have to do something called "basisexamen" (your fiance can maybe explain it to you). This is an exam that is mandatory for a visa for NL.
It's basic Dutch and questions about the country etc. It takes about 3 months for you to study and then you take the exam at the Dutch embassy in Rabat.
If you pass you can then apply for the visa (MVV).

However, if you can find work in NL and the company can help you get a visa, the exam is not necessary. You will however have to follow a course once in NL.

I hope this is helpful for you!

my fiance is living in france and she is planning to stay in france so i should join her there, is there any simple way without learning dutch (at least for now hahah)

I would then ask what the requirements are to get a visa in France as they will differ from NL.
Once you get a "Schengenvisum" you can go to any country within the EU I would imagine.

NL is very strict when it comes to visas and the exam that you have to take is mandatory. There are some exceptions for example if you have a diploma in higher education etc.

Your finance can read everything on www.naarnederland.nl to see what's necessary.

Good luck!

Hello,

My husband and I are married for 3 years now. It was in Morocco where everything happened. We lived there for quite long and now he moved to Spain for work. He is a Dutch citizen. And as a lawyer requested us EU marriage certificat; anybody has an idea of how I should proceed.
Thanks in advance

Zineb Souaid wrote:

Hello,

My husband and I are married for 3 years now. It was in Morocco where everything happened. We lived there for quite long and now he moved to Spain for work. He is a Dutch citizen. And as a lawyer requested us EU marriage certificat; anybody has an idea of how I should proceed.
Thanks in advance

Morccan marriage is legally recognised. Just get it legalise in morocco and translated to the appropriate language ask your husband to take it to his embassy in case he has to register it with them and that's all.

HI everyone  I'm about to marry my Moroccan fiancé and i only have 10 days in Morocco to do that

I am Dutch national I have all my papers and translated into French and legalized. He's getting his also coming Monday I'll be getting my eligibility to marry in Rabat and permission to marry by Justice Department of Morocco the same day hopefully but I'm afraid 10 days with a weekend in between is not enough

Can someone advise or help me
Dont worry I had 5 days and in 3 the police department of Fes gave me my FBI pilice record and after we went to court to show all papers and we paid a notary public do she did all faster. Then the court approvef all and the notary told us meet at her office to marry.

@GuestPoster058 are you still married?