SG Entry Approval from 10th Aug onwards

Hi, has anyone got timeslot to apply entry approval to Singapore from 10 August 2021 onwards? I would like to set this topic, to share and monitor the progression.

Myself, I haven't get any time slot to apply entry approval until today. My conditions as follows:

Pass Type : Employment Pass
IPA obtained : 5th June
Industry: Infocomm

Please do share your experience whether unsuccessful or successful, at least we can know and learn from everyone here. Thanks

Hi! Same situation  :( My employer is still trying to apply for my entry permit and still no luck yet. 

Employment Type: SPass
IPA obtained: 05 July 2021
Job: Teacher
Fully Vaccinated

I wonder if vaccination will be asked right away during the application of the entry permit. And if there's a better chance of getting an entry permit asap for fully vaccinated applicants.

I also haven't got an entry approval.

IPA obtained : 20 July
Industry: Research institute/ statutory board

I'm fully vaccinated with WHO approved vaccine. My HR's sent an appeal for entry approval to EDB on July and we're waiting for it until now. HR told me they will apply via this EDB route only although the new approach for vaccinated work pass holder is announced. I'm so confused but need to follow my HR.

heyitsmee wrote:

Hi! Same situation  :( My employer is still trying to apply for my entry permit and still no luck yet. 

Employment Type: SPass
IPA obtained: 05 July 2021
Job: Teacher
Fully Vaccinated

I wonder if vaccination will be asked right away during the application of the entry permit. And if there's a better chance of getting an entry permit asap for fully vaccinated applicants.

Looking at the Safetravel guidance, the vaccination status will be checked while we are boarding the aircraft. At the moment, the information that ICA collected is whether we have contracted with covid or not.

Hi everyone,

Are there any updates from your employer regarding this?

I supposed that MOM stated that employer can "start" applying for entry approval. This means that we might have to wait for a while after 10th. They may be prioritising other pass holders like essential workers. Let's hope for the best

Hi!
Struggled to get entry approval from MOM as a work holiday pass holder myself.
I currently hold an IPA for the work holiday pass and am trying to get back to family in SG and to get my WHP issued.
Anyone had any success with getting entry approval from MOM? Since WPH requests started again on 10th August, I have been denied a few times.
Anyone know if there is any strategy as to how/when to apply, is it based on prioritising certain WPHs or is it just pure luck?

Here's my info:
Pass Type : Work Holiday Pass (holding IPA currently, waiting to get pass issued when I fly back)
IPA obtained : Last month

Vivian Charlotte wrote:

Hi everyone,

Are there any updates from your employer regarding this?

I supposed that MOM stated that employer can "start" applying for entry approval. This means that we might have to wait for a while after 10th. They may be prioritising other pass holders like essential workers. Let's hope for the best

Yes, I just got an update from my Employer that , ICA is staggering the entry approval based on IPA Tenure, Industry and Country Risk.

It seems ICA is prioritizing WP who obtained their IPA in May for September entry. I have checked with 2 ppl in Facebook group who obtained IPA in May, that they already secured entry date in early Sept.

Sj2k: In addition to what Christian N4 wrote above, it was recently announced that all valid IPAs will be extended by 12 months (some by 24 months). That tells you the timeframe in which the authorities expect to issue the entry approvals for these IPAs. WHV were not specifically mentioned in that press release, but I guess they are at the lower end of the priority list, because none of them is essential for Singapore.
If your entry approval requests have been denied "a few times" since 10.Aug. you are definitely overdoing it: In order to not annoy the authorities, I would suggest you apply max. once a month, or whenever the COVID regulations change.
If you want to travel to Singapore sooner, better find other ways (e.g. tourist visa)!

beppi wrote:

Sj2k: In addition to what Christian N4 wrote above, it was recently announced that all valid IPAs will be extended by 12 months (some by 24 months). That tells you the timeframe in which the authorities expect to issue the entry approvals for these IPAs. WHV were not specifically mentioned in that press release, but I guess they are at the lower end of the priority list, because none of them is essential for Singapore.
If your entry approval requests have been denied "a few times" since 10.Aug. you are definitely overdoing it: In order to not annoy the authorities, I would suggest you apply max. once a month, or whenever the COVID regulations change.
If you want to travel to Singapore sooner, better find other ways (e.g. tourist visa)!

@Beppi, Does the IPA extension only applies for WP in CMP Sectors? Because when I read in MoM website, it stated under CMP explanation, so I am not sure it affect to all IPA holders. Is it for IPA holders from July onwards?

Christian N4 wrote:

@Beppi, Does the IPA extension only applies for WP in CMP Sectors? Because when I read in MoM website, it stated under CMP explanation, so I am not sure it affect to all IPA holders. Is it for IPA holders from July onwards?

I don't know - I only read the announcement in the media. You should then ask MoM whether the automatic extension also applies to your WHV IPA.

Thanks to you both for the info.
Wow I wasn't expecting that to be honest. So looks like there is no chance to get back using the WHP for a long time.
Do you suggest any other options? I just want to return to stay with my family, I haven't seen them since before the pandemic. Will I just have to wait until short term visitors are allowed from UK?

Sj2k: Since COVID regulations can and do change unpredictably (in both directions), nobody can tell you what the future will bring (and when).
But if your family is in Singapore, why don't you apply for a DP or LTVP?
It might also be easier for them to visit you in your home country (UK according to your profile).

Ahh I see, thanks for all the helpful info. They currently can't fly over unfortunately and I am too old for a DP, and don't qualify for LTVP. I'll just have to wait for restrictions to ease. Thanks for the help again :)

Hi all, i've gotten entry approval for early sept.

IPA obtained : 17 July
Industry: IT
Departing from Malaysia

As i know, it's very hard to get the slot for now.
At that time My HR standby till 12 am, and when she opened the page it's only left 1 day available.

Hope u guys can get the approval soon.

Hi,

Congrats on your entry of approval! I am still waiting to hear any news from my HR.

So lucky that your HR take the extra mile to really want to bring you in.

Do you know if there is a way to check on this quota ourselves as the work pass holder? Or this is something that only the HR can access?

Thank you.

John1234321 wrote:

Departing from Malaysia

At that time My HR standby till 12 am, and when she opened the page it's only left 1 day available.

Thank you for sharing an Congratulations John for getting the approval.

It seems Entry approval from Malaysia is easier compared to other countries. Does any your friends from Malaysia get entry approval as well?

Hi, Whether any one knows what are the vaccination details need to be filled in online entry approval form? Like which vaccination and date etc. or they are not asking any information in the form?

Hi John,

Congrats.  What are the vaccination details need to be filled in online entry approval form? Like which vaccination and date etc. or they are not asking any information in the online form? Can you please help on this info.

Hi @newinsingapore123 : I guess only employer can check it.

@Christian : Unfortunately i don't have any other friend that going to Singapore as well.

@muthu1983 : The entry application is fully prepared by my Employer, I didn't  fill up anything.
But prior submission my employer did ask me some question such as the vaccine brand that i've taken and hv i diagnosed with covid before.

I believe they will only validate our vaccine cert once we arrived in Singapore

Hi John, Thanks for your reply.

Thanks.

@John1234321 May I know how frequently did your HR try to submit the application to get a slot?

My employer has tried applying for entry application today but don't have time slot until 29th Sept. I have worked in the same company for 3.5 years before I came to the UK for further studies and now I'm joining them back. My conditions are as follows:

Pass Type : S Pass
IPA obtained : 23rd August
Industry: Maritime
Fully Vaccinated

Hi everyone,
My SG employer were able to get my preferred entry date in late September for WPHL, coming from a Category 2 country. They advised they currently need to be booked a month ahead because of limited availability.

Hi @artee20, thanks for the update. It's really glad hearing people get approval :) .. Does your HR telling you whether MoM sort based on first come first serve basis or based on country risk and IPA tenure?

Hi @artee20,

Will you take a transit flight via 2 category country? Or will you stay there for 21 days and only then enter Singapore?

yoonmyatchael wrote:

@John1234321 May I know how frequently did your HR try to submit the application to get a slot?

My employer has tried applying for entry application today but don't have time slot until 29th Sept. I have worked in the same company for 3.5 years before I came to the UK for further studies and now I'm joining them back. My conditions are as follows:

Pass Type : S Pass
IPA obtained : 23rd August
Industry: Maritime
Fully Vaccinated

she succeed on the 1st try.
she submitted on august 10th, when the registration was just started.

Mike tsuda wrote:

I also haven't got an entry approval.

IPA obtained : 20 July
Industry: Research institute/ statutory board

I'm fully vaccinated with WHO approved vaccine. My HR's sent an appeal for entry approval to EDB on July and we're waiting for it until now. HR told me they will apply via this EDB route only although the new approach for vaccinated work pass holder is announced. I'm so confused but need to follow my HR.

Hi, do you have any update on the EDB appeal? Was waiting for the same news as well.

Christian N4 wrote:

Hi @artee20, thanks for the update. It's really glad hearing people get approval :) .. Does your HR telling you whether MoM sort based on first come first serve basis or based on country risk and IPA tenure?

@Christian N4 I'm sorry I don't know this, and wouldn't like to speculate other than to say that my EP/IPA was only approved on 11th August so looks unlikely to be linked to tenure.

Alina Ionova wrote:

Hi @artee20,

Will you take a transit flight via 2 category country? Or will you stay there for 21 days and only then enter Singapore?

Hi @Alina Ionova, no I am currently resident in a category 2 country.

sj2k wrote:

Ahh I see, thanks for all the helpful info. They currently can't fly over unfortunately and I am too old for a DP, and don't qualify for LTVP. I'll just have to wait for restrictions to ease. Thanks for the help again :)

Hey, did you get your entry approval now? I am also a work holiday pass holder and want to enter to Singapore from Portugal. I have IPA but my application to entry approval got rejected 4 times already.

I heard the chance for whp is slim. What is your contact?

Hi all,

My conditions are as follows:

IPA obtained : mid June
Industry: Legal

Still unsuccessful in obtaining an entry approval.

Would be great to hear more from others!

John1234321 wrote:

Departing from Malaysia

Hi John, congratz. I am from Malaysia, and my profile same as urs, except IPA obtained this month. Does entry approval require SG address? My employer is requesting for it before entry approval

Hi all, did anyone manage to get a slot for the entry application? Seems like it is not available when my HR check on the website every day 12am....

denseoi wrote:

Hi John, congratz. I am from Malaysia, and my profile same as urs, except IPA obtained this month. Does entry approval require SG address? My employer is requesting for it before entry approval

Hi denseoi,
Nope, it doesn't require SG address.
SG address only needed for other thing such as opening bank account in Singapore.
maybe u can ask ur employer to double check the requirement.

Hi, My employer also requested for SG address but not on the vaccination details. Might be form changed. I came to know from employer that for approval we have to pay SHN prior as well. If anyone knows what is current requirement to fill the form please comment. Thanks.

muthu1983 wrote:

Hi, My employer also requested for SG address but not on the vaccination details. Might be form changed. I came to know from employer that for approval we have to pay SHN prior as well. If anyone knows what is current requirement to fill the form please comment. Thanks.

I see. But, what if the entry approval gets rejected? As rental in Singapore isn't cheap. Doesn't it very risky to rent a place before entry approval gets approved first?

Anyone received entry approval? Im from Malaysia and IPA obtained on 3 Aug but still not able to get any date to enter.

Hi, would anyone able to advice or know the fact that entry application slots available on the portal is open/ refresh daily at 12am? It was due to would like to find out to advice HR to proceed with the application as we are not able to do it ourselves at our end.
Thank you very much.

Yes, that's how it works apparently. Midnight, the slots open up and you need to have your employer apply.

Hi, thank you all for sharing these info.

Shekhz, may I ask that is it rude to ask the HR to standby until midnight or check on the entry of approval through the weekend?

Thank you.

newinsingapore123 wrote:

Shekhz, may I ask that is it rude to ask the HR to standby until midnight or check on the entry of approval through the weekend?

Yes, I think it can be seen as demanding and rude. Only few employers would do that - and only for higher level or urgently needed employees.