EP rejected due to salary increase

Hi, i am currently working in Singapore for less than a year and currently have an offer from another company with 29% hike on my current salary.

My ep recently got rejected due to “offered salary does not seem to commensurate with the applicant's experience and qualification”

Would it be better to apply for new ep with lower salary or should the employer appeal with the adjusted salary?

I think proper  documentation and justification needed from your employer.
My EP approved on 12th July 2021.
Salary hike >30%
Total Software development experience :11 years

Hi, i have 6 yrs 9 months experience as of the moment. Will it matter?

Hi MappleLeaf2022, how many weeks you have wait when your received the update that your EP has been rejected?

Been waiting for 8 weeks now, and still have no update on mine.

Waited for 11 days only

Status of EP Application can be checked from ep online ( non login) link if you have application submission date information...though any information of rejection reason can be checked from HR only, that reason is not shown in link i mentioned above.

MapleLeaf2022 wrote:

Hi, i am currently working in Singapore for less than a year and currently have an offer from another company with 29% hike on my current salary.

My ep recently got rejected due to “offered salary does not seem to commensurate with the applicant's experience and qualification”

Would it be better to apply for new ep with lower salary or should the employer appeal with the adjusted salary?

Hey! What line of work are you in? And is it an MNC or startup?

I do have 15 yrs of experience and I got recently 30% hike so what are the chances of EP approval?

MoM checks genuine demand of certain positions or sectors or roles. It also verify if the employer has really reached out locals through their job ad in job bank and took interviews of locals. It also checks your experiences, age and offered salary whether is in line with market range. If everything is fit in line with its yardsticks then it approves. So, someone can't say that if 30% salary hike will be rejected by MoM or not. Your information is very limited. Good luck

Hi, fellow ex-pats I just want to bring good news. My EP got approved after an appeal for first rejection.

Industry: from telco to banking
Department: IT services
Salary increase: 20%

Timeline:

June 23, 2021 - Resigned to a current company without replacement/landing a job (S-Pass)
July 13, 2021 - Got an offer to a new company; EP applied
July 23, 2021 - Last day of service; S-pass cancelled
July24, 2021- STVP issued valid until August 23, 2021 (computer/scheduler generated);
at the same date my EP got rejected;
August 03, 2021 - HR File an appeal
August 03, 2021 - August 13, 2021 - wait, patience, trust HR, faith, pray
August 14, 2021 - EP appeal approved.

I think the advice that I can give is.
1. Check your application form thoroughly.
2. Trust your recruiter/ HR  and have faith in them and don't bother them. They are also handling other applicants, not just you.
3. Pray, have faith, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Thanks to @Shekhz and @beppi @surya2k you bros rocks!

raprap wrote:

Hi, fellow ex-pats I just want to bring good news. My EP got approved after an appeal for first rejection.

Industry: from telco to banking
Department: IT services
Salary increase: 20%

Timeline:

June 23, 2021 - Resigned to a current company without replacement/landing a job (S-Pass)
July 13, 2021 - Got an offer to a new company; EP applied
July 23, 2021 - Last day of service; S-pass cancelled
July24, 2021- STVP issued valid until August 23, 2021 (computer/scheduler generated);
at the same date my EP got rejected;
August 03, 2021 - HR File an appeal
August 03, 2021 - August 13, 2021 - wait, patience, trust HR, faith, pray
August 14, 2021 - EP appeal approved.

I think the advice that I can give is.
1. Check your application form thoroughly.
2. Trust your recruiter/ HR  and have faith in them and don't bother them. They are also handling other applicants, not just you.
3. Pray, have faith, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Thanks to @Shekhz and @beppi @surya2k you bros rocks!

Congratulations! This is awesome news and all worth the patience.

My EP renewal still pending for almost 6 weeks appeal
June 4: EP application
July 5: rejection
July 5: Appeal
Current pass expiration: Sept 14
I got new offer from company B they are willing to wait for outcome of my renewal. But If I will not get approval next week I will ask my current company to withdraw my application and ask company B to proceed the EP.

My renewal approved today
July 5: rejection due to salary increase
Aug 15: HR log request to expedite
Aug 15 Approved

Congrats bro!

Mefees wrote:

My renewal approved today
July 5: rejection due to salary increase
Aug 15: HR log request to expedite
Aug 15 Approved

Congratulations! I've stated this before too, seeking updates after appropriate time frames never hurts. Same day approval clearly shows that it works.

Thanks guys. You guys give us correct advise. 😊

Congrats Mefees.. :)

Also glad to know the new fact for me that MoM also works over weekend.. in my case i use to calculate days excluding sat, sun and PHs...hoping to get some good news for me too in coming days in this week as my 3rd week started from Today post filling 1st appeal after EP rejection...

My new company EP application is approved.

Aug 23: EP application
Sept 6: Approved

Thank you guys.

Hi ,

My EP got rejected last week and the reason is a significant increase in the Salary.

Could you please guide me on supporting documents required which will increase the chances of appeal?

I'm planning to submit the following information

A Justification letter why Salary is incremented.
Last 6 months Salary Slip and Bank Statements
Notice of Tax Assessment.

Imran Ali Baig wrote:

I'm planning to submit the following information
A Justification letter why Salary is incremented.
Last 6 months Salary Slip and Bank Statements
Notice of Tax Assessment.

Did you post the same in another thread (it sounds familiar)? We do not encourage multiple posts!
The above documents are not useful, as MoM already has your past salary data, and telling them that they were wrong in their assessment (i.e. that your offered pay is too high) will not work.
Rather, the employer must either reduce the pay into an acceptable (by MoM's standards) range, or convince MoM that Singapore will benefit even at the inflated pay (e.g. by your presence creating more jobs for locals).