APPLICATION FOR PR

I am a Singaporean & my husband is a LTVP holder. He has been here for the past 2-3 years but we have applied for PR since last year July, it's been almost a year now, no reply from them .  Two questions :-

1) How long does it take for ICA to approve the PR .
2) If he changes his job will his PR Application be affected.

Thanks
Mrs Kaur

Mrs Kaur: PR application outcomes off-late are taking 4-6 months (trending over the past 3-4 months). However, a minimum of 6 months is stipulated.

Yes please read what i wrote. It's almost a year since we applied in july 2020, if you are  talking about 6 months, than mine has pass over six months.

And my second question is will his PR application be affected if he changes his job?

Well I read your questions,

1. If it has taken longer than the stipulated time, you need to be patient and wait for the outcome
2.  job changes do impact your overall candidacy, for your remuneration changes, notify them of the change (helps and advisable)

… please be advised, ICA already has the information though, since your husband who is on LTVP would have a work permit which allows him to work. Work permit details would be checked by ICA during the application review. It just adds credibility if you notify them of the job change, that's all.

Thank you very much for your reply Shekhz🙏🏻

Kay kaur wrote:

I am a Singaporean & my husband is a LTVP holder. He has been here for the past 2-3 years but we have applied for PR since last year July, it's been almost a year now, no reply from them .  Two questions :-

1) How long does it take for ICA to approve the PR .
2) If he changes his job will his PR Application be affected.

Thanks
Mrs Kaur

Hi my husband is a PR (Malaysian) and I was on EP when I first got here. We applied in Nov 2020 and I received IPA on 1 July 2021, so it took total 7 months.

When it was pending, I emailed ICA a few times to provide: latest tax record and request to see if they could expedite if possible. If he changed job, it is also good to notify ICA about his latest info. My ICA officer did tell me they didn't care much about my job change but most importantly my husband as the sponsor needs to have regular stable income. Hope it helps.

Thank you so much for the reply. Appreciate 🙏🏻

Hi, I would like to know what is the current trend on PR approval. I am a EP holder( recently,, was on DP previously) . I am in IT in one of the banks. I am in Singapore for 7 years. My husband is a Tech VP in a bank too. He is here for 13 years since he graduated. Both are Indians. Have completed Bachelors in Information Technology Engineering. We have a daughter currently going to K1 in a childcare. we applied pr in 2016, 2017 , Dec 2020. The third one also got rejected. I was on DP then. What are the chances of getting PR? We are planning to apply this year again 6 months  after the rejection. The family income is around 215k. Thank you.

Ethnicity, Salary and years in SG alone don't guarantee you a PR. Several other factors determine your chances, a little effort to read through some posts here would give you a good understanding of what all is critical before you reapply.

Intuitivemind wrote:

Hi, I would like to know what is the current trend on PR approval. I am a EP holder( recently,, was on DP previously) . I am in IT in one of the banks. I am in Singapore for 7 years. My husband is a Tech VP in a bank too. He is here for 13 years since he graduated. Both are Indians. Have completed Bachelors in Information Technology Engineering. We have a daughter currently going to K1 in a childcare. we applied pr in 2016, 2017 , Dec 2020. The third one also got rejected. I was on DP then. What are the chances of getting PR? We are planning to apply this year again 6 months  after the rejection. The family income is around 215k. Thank you.

Here's your post from yesterday, don't post repetitive queries on different threads pls as I pointed out earlier. Thanks!

Ok thank you. As I didn't receive any response to that I thought it is inactive.

Hello everyone
I just applied PR (again), Could you share me some sense of chance please?
I have applied PR once i have 6 months payslip, but got rejected in 4 months! :(

Here  are my details.

In Singapore since Dec 2019 (1 year 8 months)

Family: Married (36 yo) with 1 girl (5 yo) and 1 boy (3 yo)
Citizenship: All Chinese (Hong Kong)
Education: Master's of Science in Hong Kong
Current Job: IT Engineer (Permanent Job) at foreign bank
Annual Salary: Around 150K
Spouse: Bachelor Degree in Hong Kong, housewife in SG
Children; both studying preschool in Singapore

Thanks in advance!