Ep Appeal May 2021

Hi Folks,

Hope everyone is doing safe

I have an offer in a local IT firm and they have applied my EP but got rejected stating i am not qualified to get EP, where as my salary and qualifications are good enough for EP inline with SAT as well, and currently i am EP holder

So my Employer appealed and it got rejected saying the same reason. Then employer understands that they have been segregated as Financial sector and then appealed again with new salary, which is difference of 800$

Now my worries is wheather this will be approved or rejected again? Anyone facing this same problem.

This has been going around for last April onwards and now I've got one more offer in hand, so not sure I can wait for the appeal result or pullback and go for new employer, Need the suggestion here

How confident are you that you will get the EP from the other company? Also, it's more of a personal decision, this or the other job- which one excites you more. Isn't it?

"Not qualified to get EP" is a phrase indicating that the problem lies in you, not the job or pay. Thus an appeal with higher salary, or a job change, might not help.
You should prepare for the possibility that your time in Singapore may end.

But I am an EP holder now and working here for last 3 years in same role and qualification, jus that I am changing to a new company.. The only thing I am not in a financial sector now for last 9 months where as before I was working in FS and never had a problem How can you supposed to say negatively?