EP Processing is pending from more than 1 month

I am an EP holder and working in an IT company. Due to covid, my current company asked me to look out for other options. I got an offer (let's say company X) and I accepted immediately. They applied IPA and it got approved in 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I got a better offer(from company Y, not in terms of salary though). I asked another company to withdraw my application and applied for a new IPA from company Y.Now it's pending for more than 45 days. I am kind of worried about the situation . Anytime my current company can ask me to leave and my current IPA is in pending status. Any help?

MoM does not like job-hoppers and wasters of their time and efforts.
You can only hope that the processing officer is overworked, instead of vindictive.
But currently, waiting times of two months and more are quite normal.

I also don't like to change my job. But if the employer asks to look out for change, I don't have any other options. I am not sure whether they will ask my previous employer to give the reason for my change. Is there any way to contact MOM and know the reason why it's pending for such a long time?

tapa_121 wrote:

I also don't like to change my job. But if the employer asks to look out for change, I don't have any other options. I am not sure whether they will ask my previous employer to give the reason for my change. Is there any way to contact MOM and know the reason why it's pending for such a long time?

The application submitter can do a check with MoM- they do take calls.

I asked EP submitter but they are asking me to wait. No other option left. In between if my real EP will expire then is this IPA will get invalidated?

If your current EP expires, you will get a 30-days STVP (meaning you can stay, but not work during that time).
If the new EP is still not issued (IPA not enough!) before the STVP expires, you must leave the country and wait abroad for the IPA.