Employer not updating SP details

Hi,

I strted wrkng a few mnths bck aftr a couple of mnths, I noticed a mistake in my IPA edu qualifications n immediately informed thm 2 correct it. My employer initially was reluctant 2 do it, saying they can correct it during nxt renewal n wht nt. But I insisted on correcting this immediately n sd okay thy wl inform MoM n it will take x months. I checked with my employer after x months n no update yet.

I now have a new offer, n I want my new employer to apply for SP n I'm concerned tht ths may create issues.

Pls help my n  guide on ths.

Your message above is extremely difficult to read and understand - it looks like there is a problem with your keyboard, which seems to swallow a lot of characters!
Could you please correct that and explain again, in more readable form, what your problem is? Thanks for your understanding!

Hi Beppi.

Here I add again. Hope this is clear.

I started working a few months back, after a couple of weeks, I noticed a mistake in my IPA educational qualifications and immediately informed this to my employer and asked to correct it. My employer initially was reluctant to do it, saying they can correct it during next renewal and what not. But I insisted on correcting this immediately and they said okay they will inform MoM and it will take 2 months. I checked with my employer after 2 months and no update yet.

I now have a new offer, and I want my new employer to apply for pass and I'm concerned that this may create issues.

Please help.

Giving false information in a work pass application is seen as serious problem by MoM and can cause the pass to be retroactively cancelled. Your employer probably wants to prevent that by not letting MoM know.
However, applying for a new pass with conflicting information will also cause problems.
Since you did not check the application at the start (and had the errors corrected then), you are in a difficult situation now.
I think the best course of action would be to openly talk to your current employer about why you need it corrected. They will then, of course, know that you are trying to leave - and may terminate you immediately.

Hi beppi,

Thanks for the clarification. I did not submit any false information, all details I submitted was true and it is my employer who made the mistake(accepted that it was unintentional). They didn't give me copy of the IPA to validate either. Just took my signature, made an immediate appointment with MoM and sent me to MoM.

Suppose if my employer does contact MOM to correct this, then what are the consequences on the MOM end for such delays(delay in informing the correction)?

This got me really worried, pls guide.

If MoM decides that the differing information was given with illegal intentions or changes your work pass approval chances, they could cancel your current pass (or at least review it, with uncertain result).
You should make sure that the employer submits a clear and true explanation of why and how this happened - otherwise MoM might apportion the blame on you and you might be banned from working in Singapore again.