Refused entry into Singapore. What should i do?

I entered Singapore 6 months back with valid IPA. However, i was refused entry into SG with no reason. I work for TCS and they have appealed and mailed ICA enough. They are not replying and providing any reason. I haven't travelled back as my IPA expired. Now am into a different assignment and i think i will get opportunity in Netherlands.

When I apply for schegen visa,  they are asking for travel history. What should i do? There is no seal in the passport by sg immigration. However , there is seal by Indian immigration for departure and arrival.

Should I mention this in Travel history?
Also, there is a question which asks For any country have you ever been
deported,
denied visa,
denied entry at border,
asylum etc

Still the ica have not responded. I have asked many people and they say this is the first time am hearing such case. If you know what i have to do, please respond?

Did your employer send reminder to ICA? They could have reached out their local office here to deal directly with ICA for speedy response.

You should mention your travel history correctly cause any wrong information will complicate things in future.

Secondly, I never heard that ICA denied entry of a person who was carrying IPA without any strong reason. There must be very strong reason behind this. What was your travel history to Singapore before that denial?

Yes, they did send many reminders. They aren't responding. They gave very rude response. Yes, they reached the local office. HR took my demographics and consulted the immigration. They said they will investigate and provide after 3 weeks. However, they did not. Inspite of reminding them, you see. It is really terrible now. I want to know what should I provide for the above Question? Is it denied entry at border?
The reason could be ‘ There is no reason given by immigration because it is confidential to Singapore immigration laws'. Is this right?

You didn't answer to my question, what was your travel history prior to this denial at immigration checkpoint? What was your communication with the officers at the denial moment? Did you ask them what was the reason they are not allowed you to enter even you had valid IPA from MoM?

No, it's not confidential, they inform the person who was denied. Secondly, most of cases, the person already known the possible reasons of his or her denial.

I never heard on first visit with IPA in hand, someone was denied to enter Singapore (unless someone has international criminal cases including at Interpol).

I have visited 3 countries prior to travelling for Singapore. It is Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia. I have visited all these three countries as a tourist. While being investigated by the police staff at airport, they said there is something wrong with the IPA and your company will know it. However, there isn't anything wrong with it. After all, the IPA was issued by ministry of man powers. They were asking about my educational background, what purpose you have visited, what was my role in the company and what was my salary. All these were already in the IPA. I answered them all correct. They took my photo, fingerprint and scanned my passport. They came to me and said ‘you were denied entry into Singapore'. When i asked them, they repeatedly said that ‘there is something wrong with the IPA' when i asked for what was wrong, they said ‘ your company will know it and we cant reveal as it is confidential'

Surprise, your company doesn't know! Did they reach out MoM? Was there any wrong information given to MoM! Or the employer reputation is not good!

Something went terribly wrong. So, that means on your first time visit to Singapore with IPA you were denied. It's was really bad thing happened to you.

They reached out to mom and they told verbally that the IPA doesn't have any issues. They also said to contact ICA. ICA is not responding. Yes, i feel terrible now. At least, i think I should apply for schengen visa and get it. Let me know what i must put in my application form

As Surya said, something went wrong with your IPA, but we here cannot figure out what and solve the issue.
Anyway, your original question was what to enter into the immigration form of another country. For that I can only say that you must be honest, as anything else is a criminal offense and could cause big problems later.

Thank you.  As a tourist it i want to enter Singapore, when can i apply and what are the risks?

Read the existing threads, numerous times informed the audience here that you need to reach out ICA (May be a new email to ICA) to get a response that you can be allowed into Singapore.

We have seen ICA replies promptly but it may ask you to get a local sponsor (citizen or PR) to apply visa for you.

@surya2k thanks for your reply. Based on the paper that immig gave me, it stated there that “being ineligible to issue of a pass under current immigration policies”. But the thing is, I wasnt informed beforehand about this. I visit Sg twice last year, but the immig didnt informed me that the next visit I need to present this pass. So I was surprised when I arrived & denied entry. I told them, if only I knew that I needed this I would have produced it before my flight so everything wouldnt have gone to waste. I have all the return ticket & hotel but still confused why they didnt let me in.

Btw I already discussed with my company about my case and they told me that they will check with IcA if clearance is needed upon my arrival. Hope everything will be fine.

Looking at your case, believe it should be okay to get a clearance from ICA.

Yes, it's always better to get a clearance letter or email response from ICA so that you can carry along with you incase they ask anything at the immigration checkpoint. Good luck

Under social visit visa, it has clearly stated that this is not meant for searching jobs and or working. Because social visit visa are meant for coming here to visit your relatives or tourism.

But people do search jobs here during their stay here.  People also work on social visa, caught then barred to enter Singapore for many years.

As informed earlier, you can get ICA email reply being with you, incase they ask show otherwise with your IPA approval you are eligible to enter Singapore.

I would like to ask for you to send me your IPA so I can check the system. We have issued IPAs for our directors and have not had any issues

Did a company hire you and offer you a job, then apply for the work permit for you? Please DM me so I can look at the letter.

As for applying for a schengen visa, you must always disclose every travel detail, everything is digital and will show up once they scan your passport.

Did you complete an ICA Arrival Card?

Thank you.

Do not send your documents to anybody like the above poster! It is likely they have ulterior motives!

Looking for a job while on SVP is not illegal, but the authorities still dislike it - and they can deny you entry for any reason they like.

@beppi hello , can I ask I already send letter of appeal and form to ICA , can I ask how Many weeks waiting for approval of ICA ?

What is this appeal for? You can get ICA response in 2-3 days time but to get approval it requires the approval process but then without knowing your case it's difficult to predict. Good luck

Thank you for your information @surya2k, I also got “being ineligible to issue of a pass under current immigration policies”.  I was supposed to go to Sg to have training and visit the HQ of my current company. But the immigration officer thought that I was working in Sg without any working visa. So we had a miscommunication and I was unable to enter Sg. I submitted an appeal and applied for visit pass but my sponsor has not heard back since mid-June.

A while after applying for a visit pass, I got a job offer in Sg and HR is ready to apply for work pass. Given the circumstances, should I reapply for a visit pass with another sponsor? Or should I wait for my current visit pass, and after it is approved, my new sponsor applies for a work visa? I have emailed ICA about my case but still no response. I am worried as my new employer might not be able to wait for so long. Appreciate any advice you could give, thanks in advance

If your visit to Singapore is not that urgent then it's wise to wait your work pass gets approved then with IPA letter, you are automatically eligible to enter SG.

So, applying a visit pass is not required then. Good luck

@surya2k I read once in the forum that once we are denied entry, it is not advised to apply for work pass?

Depending on what kind of denial. If someone caught red handed working illegally while on tourist visa or any other thing which ICA takes such cases seriously then ICA may ban for few years.

But otherwise your employer could apply your work pass for you. ICA still

allow you to enter with your IPA, if there is nothing serious about your previous denial of entry to SG. Good luck