Dependent Pass/ DP processing time

Hello,

I would like to know how long will it take to get DP. the HR told us that she has applied for dp on Jan 7, I am still waiting for the outcome. Is there any way by which we can track the application status (don't have application no. as well as HR is not saying anything about that).

Most of the previous post says they have received in 1-2 weeks. So I am really worried about my application.

Kindly help me with this.

Thanks

You can check the DP status under your EP in EPOnline. DP application approval is much faster and may take few days to a week.

What is the reason your HR not giving update? Did they even apply!

Note: Avoid sending PM as we don't encourage it.

Hi,

I don't have FIN no. to check..I guess they need FIN no with the name only then EP online is giving any information. I don't have that no. also so I am not sure how can I get the info. Is the FIN of DP same as of EP holder.

We tried to contact her on mails, Whatsapp and she is not replying to any of the messages.

What do you mean that you don't have FIN number? Under whom the DP application is applied then? It is quite common that once the employee work pass approved, then his or her spouse and children DPs are applied for.

surya2k wrote:

You can check the DP status under your EP in EPOnline. DP application approval is much faster and may take few days to a week.

What is the reason your HR not giving update? Did they even apply!

Note: Avoid sending PM as we don't encourage it.

I can't see any DP or related pass info with my EP holder. It is having all the info of EP but no info related to DP. Not sure if I am looking at the right place.

surya2k wrote:

What do you mean that you don't have FIN number? Under whom the DP application is applied then? It is quite common that once the employee work pass approved, then his or her spouse and children DPs are applied for.

Sorry I got confused.I have checked the EP online, no information on that..That means DP is not applied yet :-(

In enquire application status: put DP applicant's passport and name. You should able to see the status. If nothing is showing then ask your HR (send a proper mail - not WhatsApp message) request to update the status.

There could be possibilities that HR may not have applied as it's common to get DP approval in few days.

surya2k wrote:

In enquire application status: put DP applicant's passport and name. You should able to see the status. If nothing is showing then ask your HR (send a proper mail - not WhatsApp message) request to update the status.

There could be possibilities that HR may not have applied as it's common to get DP approval in few days.

Sure thanks a lot for the prompt response. One last thing can I check this thing on EP online (non log in) or I need to log in through EP online with Singpass. Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks

surya2k wrote:

Can you please send me the link where I can check this..I tried searching it EP online but everywhere they are asking FIN and a  name..so I might have landed on the wrong page.

No need to log in.. you can use same link where you had checked EP status previously.

Instead your passport number and name, mention DP applicant's passport and name to see the status.

surya2k wrote:

No need to log in.. you can use same link where you had checked EP status previously.

Instead your passport number and name, mention DP applicant's passport and name to see the status.

Yup, did that no information found. when my husband told her the same thing. she literally promised him that it will be done today. And when my husband asked the status again she is not answering again. How unprofessional attitude is this. She is not replying about the status and neither she is filing the application. I swear I have seen such kind of unethical attitude for the first time in my life.

But thanks again surya for all your help.

I think they haven't applied your DP yet. Just wait few days before your husband can visit the office personally and discuss with HR, no point sending many mails or messages.

surya2k wrote:

I think they haven't applied your DP yet. Just wait few days before your husband can visit the office personally and discuss with HR, no point sending many mails or messages.

Sure will convey this to my hubby..and really want to thank you once again for all the help :-)

surya2k wrote:

My husband visited HR and spoke to her personally and after confronting her she said that they will do it only after 3 months are completed and not before that. I really don't understand any point of hiding this thing from 1.5 months and whenever my husband used to talk to her she used to say that it will be done immediately. This is so ridiculous, I am listening to such a condition for the first time.

Nothing you can do about it.

Ask your husband speak to them and tell them that the DP fees can be paid by him and no need to wait for3 months period. Per person, DP fee is around $224 or so. You may discuss this option with your husband, as there is nothing an employer needs to declare while applying DP cause DP sponsorship will be under the employee's name (your husband).

Unfortunately, short of changing company there is nothing your husband can do against such unreasonable HR practices. Sorry!

beppi wrote:

Unfortunately, short of changing company there is nothing your husband can do against such unreasonable HR practices. Sorry!

My husband is working with top children hospital in SG, so changing is not an option for him. We have to wait for another 1.5 months, so I am thinking of going on SVP till that time.

surya2k wrote:

Nothing you can do about it.

Ask your husband speak to them and tell them that the DP fees can be paid by him and no need to wait for3 months period. Per person, DP fee is around $224 or so. You may discuss this option with your husband, as there is nothing an employer needs to declare while applying DP cause DP sponsorship will be under the employee's name (your husband).

Sure, I will let him know about this option as well. But they are quite arrogant to listen, this is what we have observed from the last 1.5 months. They were lying to us on several occasions and only after pressurizing for quite a few times they have given us this information. So I am planning to go on SVP for a month and till that time 3 months period will be over. I read one feedback on indeed about this hospital that they don't support family migration, I hope this doesn't come out to be true. But this kind of attitude is highly unethical they told us about some unwritten rules and asking us to follow it.