Menu
Expat.com

Cafe and restaurants

Last activity 21 June 2011 by snowbord

saravcbe

Hi Friends ,

i am saravanan from india and i am interested in opening some kind of cafe or restaurants in sofia .. i am also interested in opening up small stores for groceries ,, can anyone tell me is it possible for an indian to open such a business in sofia and whether it is good to open ,, awaiting for responses friends ,,

regards

Saravanan

Armand

Hi Saravanan!

I hope other members will be able to help you soon wink.png

Regards
Armand

snowbord

Personally I love Indian food and can tell you off the bat that there are a few Indian restaurants here (in Sofia).

1 is excellent;
ramayana.eu/contacts_en.html

1 is good, although the food has been rather inconsistent each time I have ordered;
kohinoor.bg/en/

This one is apparently not so good;
tajmahal.bg/en/

The rest are rubbish.

Bulgarians (in my disappointing experience) are not too taken by Indian food, but I could be wrong (and hope that I am as I love it!).  Having said that, a good chunk of the population likes spicy foods.

Personally I'd love some Indian treats like Rotis, Samosa, Bhajis etc.  Bulgarians do love their pastries so this could be a winner.  Bhajis and Samosas are well liked by the people I experimented on. smile.png

Do let me know how you get on!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Sofia

• Work in Sofia
    Work in Sofia

There are various ways to find a job in Sofia. Here are some tips to guide you through your job search.

• Work in Bulgaria
    Work in Bulgaria

Find, in this article, an overview of the Bulgarian labor market and tips to help you find a job if you intend to ...

• Internship in Bulgaria
    Internship in Bulgaria

Looking for an internship in Bulgaria? Find information on the related conditions and procedures in this article.

• Setting up a business in Bulgaria
    Setting up a business in Bulgaria

Are you looking forward to set up a business in Bulgaria? Here is an overview of conditions to be met and related ...

• Become a digital nomad in Bulgaria
    Become a digital nomad in Bulgaria

Bulgaria is another name in the list of underestimated travel destinations, but things are changing. Having been ...

• Accommodation in Sofia
    Accommodation in Sofia

Sofia is very welcoming towards foreigners. Find out in this article how to find accommodation there.

• Leisure in Sofia
    Leisure in Sofia

Getting bored in Sofia? No way! Find out in this article what you can do during your leisure time in the Bulgarian ...

• Transports in Sofia
    Transports in Sofia

Foreigners staying in Sofia can choose from various means of transport. Here is an overview of the transport ...

All of Sofia's guide articles