Required to submit a Visit Pass

Hi everyone,

I have been reading some of the forums in hoping to find answers to my questions. Indeed, I have found some but for those that I didn't, I hope you guys can help with that.

I broke a law in Singapore and was given a stern warning, followed by a repatriation. During the process of my repatriation, I clarified with an officer at the repatriation branch if I am banned from re-entering Singapore after the repatriation. She told me I am not banned, neither do I have to stay away from SG for a certain amount of time. I was told that I can write to ICA as soon as I leave SG to seek permission to re-enter Singapore. I did some time after I left SG via email, and ICA responded within 3 working days, stating that if I intend to travel to SG in the future, I'm required to submit an application for a visit pass through a local sponsor etc. My local sponsor would be my mother, who is a PR. In the email, they stated that the outcome will be notified by post. - Also, I have never been refused entry into Singapore before. I hope I have provided enough information for these questions;

1. Repatriation and deportation; are they the same thing?
(There is a declaration session in Form 14, asking if applicant has been deported from Singapore so I'm not sure whether to answer Yes or No)

2. For those of you who have faced the same situation of having to submit a visit pass application; how long then did the ICA got back to you with the outcome, be it successful or not?

Would greatly appreciate your help! Really thank you for your time and any advice/help given in the future. If there's anything more information I should provide you with, please let me know. God bless!

1. Yes.
2. I don't know. Ask ICA!

Thank you for your quick reply!

How is repatriation and deportation the same though? Are they of the same procedures?

https://wikidiff.com/deportation/repatr … tizenship.

Now I have made a mistake. I ticked the box 'No' under the deporting question. I thought they were two different procedures. The application has already been submitted, what should I do? 😭🙏🏽

Hi, may i know the outcome?