Re-enter Singapore

Hi All
I noticed that several members with the same problems (refused entry Singapore) had contacted me and I am sorry that I didn't reply because I have no answer for you all. But I just returned from Singapore and I will share my story how I can re-enter Singapore.
If you have this experience, it was traumatic and I avoid international trips for a while after that experience. Almost 2 years Iam thinking about the reason why I was refused entry Singapore on 25 October 2017 and only ICA has the answer.
So… Let bring some fact
1.    The fact that I come to Singapore too often?? (my calculation 15-20 times), I believe that was not the reason because I have friends that spend more time in Singapore rather in Jakarta and travel to Singapore every month.
2.    Racist reason?? I still believe on that but I understand that ICA needs to do their job protecting Singapore from “Illegal Worker”.
3.    One fact that I remember, they took my phone and I have jobstreet app on my phone with setting looking for job in Singapore. I choose to believe that ICA refused because of this reason rather than “prostitution” even I am not sure did they check on that or not. But… after all only ICA knows the reason.
Fact: I was between job that time, but I signed contract with BIG company and I started work on 30 October 2017 (5 days after 25 Oct 2017) in Jakarta.
4.    If you refused entry Singapore, there is no stamp on your passport.

As I mention that I just returned from my trip to Singapore for work (Training) and by this condition my company paid all my expenses in Singapore.
I sent email to ICA_feedback@ica.gov.sg with content
1.    Explain my plan to visit Singapore (date of my visit, duration and purpose).
2.    Explained my situation when they refused me on 2017 along with attachment Application Letter to ICA (I will give you draft letter) also attached details (such ICA letter “being ineligible for the issue of a pass under current immigration policies”, flight, hotel booking evidence on 2017 & copy passport).

ICA replied:
A visitor's entry into Singapore is neither a right nor automatic and each entry is considered on its own merits. The grant of Visit Passes to visitors is assessed and determined by the ICA officers at the Singapore checkpoints upon their arrival. Visitors must fulfil the prevailing entry requirements and may be subjected to interview and additional checks before they can be considered for entry. Those who are ineligible for a Visit Pass will be refused entry.

If you intend to visit Singapore in future, you are required to submit an application for a Visit Pass through a local sponsor who must be either a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident aged 21 and above, or a Singapore-registered company. The application should be made to the Visitor Services Centre, 4th Storey, ICA Building, 10 Kallang Road, Singapore 208718 for consideration. The following documents are required for the application:

a)         Application Form 14 & V39I (duly completed & signed);
b)         Photocopies of your passport pages showing the bio data page and signature; and
c)         Photocopies of your local sponsor's Singapore identity card (for application via post).

The application forms (Form 14 & V39I) can be downloaded from ICA's website at the following link: https://www.ica.gov.sg/common/all-forms

You are required to state clearly the reason or purpose for your entry and duration of visit on the Form 14. You may also include any other supporting documents that you deem relevant to support your application. The application will be assessed on its own merits and your sponsor will be notified by post when the outcome is known.

Thank you.

After I prepare the HARD COPY document with my sign, I sent the document by DHL and then my company PIC sign the document again. After completed the form including sign and company stamp, my HR PIC in Singapore handed all document to ICA office and waiting about 4-6 weeks for the process. If you want to travel by yourself, You can ask PR or Singaporean only to submit your application with same process as I did.

Few days before my training, ICA asked my 6 months salary slips and employment statement letter from my Jakarta Office (by email). If they notice that I started working at my current company 5 days before my trip to Singapore when ICA refused me back on 2017, I really hope that they understand that I am not looking for job in Singapore.

ICA didn't issued any letter for me and I only have email from my HR PIC in Singapore mentioned that ICA confirmed that I am clear to enter Singapore by phone. So… I travel to Singapore and for sure immigration bring me back again to the ICA office at the immigration.

I am happy with the ICA officer that handle my entry permit this time. He was treating me with respect and as I explained my situation. He patiently checks on my status and I only can show email from my HR PIC in Singapore and some training documents. It tooks sometime then they stamp my passport and ask me to walk by the side gate. Guys… I am not sure about this, but He mentioned that actually my ban will be over in one month (2 years from 2017). So… I suggest sending email to ICA to check on your ban status due to condition that ICA have time limit for this. You might clear to enter Singapore again.

After my training finished I return to Jakarta soon and again…. they didn't stamp my passport. ICA officer told me to check again with ICA if I want to visit Singapore again in the future.
I hope this information useful for you all. I am not sure with ICA standard as I know a lot my friends who always visit Singapore to meet their boyfriend and they were clear to pass immigration without many questions.

Many times Asian woman traveling alone always suspicious to immigration haha….. But I always prepare printed trip schedule, with return flight and hotel reservation. That was my experience visit Hong kong for the first time on July. I showed the immigration copy of my schedule (including Hop On Hop Off buss booking number, destination, hotel booking number and flight) and still they asked my hotel reservation from my phone.

End

The application letter draft

Dear ICA Officer,

I will be attending XXXXX Training in Singapore for my employer, XXXX during  month-date , 2019.

My passport information is noted below
Name            : Your Name
Passport Country    : Indonesia
Passport Number    : XXXXXXXX
Date of Expiry        : XXXXXXX

My company is sponsoring my travel and provides the necessary financial guarantee during my stay in Singapore.

Could you please provide a letter of authorization or approval for my entry into Singapore during XXXXXX, 2019 to attend the company trainings.

If there is any additional information needed, please contact me at +62 XXXXXX, or my email XXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
SIGN

Thanks for sharing above information, this will help to our fellow expats. Please continue your inputs to keep Singapore forum more informative. Thanks