Need information about visa extension insurance.

Dear Friends,

I would like to know your experience about the following case,

My parents got 2 years multiple visa for Saudi Arabia (90days stay limit). They arrived in March, 2019. We are planning to extend the visa for 3 more months. My understanding is that will be extended without exit (correct me if I am wrong please).

The teasing point is that when my parents applied for the visa they received the insurance for 730 days written on the insurance paper from AXA corporation. Now when we are trying to extend the visa the systems says that we need buy insurance. I called AXA corporation and explained the whole situation. They said that you have to buy a new insurance according to the new law. The old insurance is of no use but the paper I have has mentioned clearly they the insurance is for 730 days. I have also checked the status on the cchi web site and it is active till 2021.

Could you please tell me what I have to do now? Shall I buy another one or is there any other option available.

Regards,

I have already explained this on another thread.

The insurance you have is valid for 730 days BUT for a stay of 90 days ONLY each time.  If you extend by 90 days, you have to get insurance for those extra days as the policy only covers the first 90 days, not the second.

Thank you very much Mr. XTang. Could you please share the link of that post where you have explained this issue in detail.

I am a bit confused with 730 days insurance given at the time of visa (I was thinking that it will cover the whole duration of 2 years until the visa is valid). Why it is only for first 90 days? if it is only for 90 days then why it is written 730 days on a policy?

Here are the two cases:
1- For example if my parents leave now without extending the visa do they have to buy a new policy or the old 730 days policy will be acceptable when they will come next time on the same 2 years visa.

2- If my parents extend the visa for 90 days and I buy another policy of 90 days (as you said) then my parents will have two policies (730 days+90days). What will happen when they will return next year? do they have to purchase another policy?

Thanks for your help.

You can search the threads for my previous posts.

And I already answered.  Read carefully.

Time period of insurance i.e. validity = 730 days.
During the period of validity, on each entry, you can stay as fully insured for = 90 days.
Insurance covers 90 days on each entry within 730 days because that is what is written on the visa.
You are now extending days i.e. beyond the original 90 visa days granted.
Hence, insurance doesn't cover extra 90 days. BECAUSE the visa doesn't allow for 180 days stay but the government allows you to extend visa days by paying fee. Therefore, insurance also allows you to extend insurance by paying fee.

It's pretty clear so I don't see what the confusion is. Simply, the insurance is linked EXACTLY to the terms of your visa i.e. validity and days of stay.  You change any of those conditions, you have to pay to extend insurance to cover that.

1) Same policy will be valid.  You can enter dozens of times but if you stay less than 90 days, this policy will cover you
2) Next year, if they stay 90 days only, the same 730 days policy will be valid.  If they stay 180 days, you have to get policy for extra 90 days

Thank you very much excellent explanation. I got your point now.

Just a small confirmation request, I have heard with some of my friends that in past if someone extends the multiple entry visa. The authorities here in SA extends the visa but the validity of the visa (remaining days) terminates and next time if the the person wants to come he will have to acquire a new visa, is this correct?

For example in my case my parents have 2 years multiple entry visa (issued in march 2019) and if they extend the visa from 90 days to 90 days more (total 180 days, total stay march-Sep, 2019). Their multiple visa will not been cancelled and they come next time just buying the tickets and continue until 2021. Logically it looks like this but I need your suggestions.

Regards,

No it doesn't get cancelled.  Many people here have done just that.