Changing SCE membership from Technician to Engineer

Hi,
I am in KSA since 2014 and had a Engineer visa with all documents verified and had Engineer Iqama with SCE recognition as well.
I went final exit and came back on new visa as technician. In 2019, My Iqama was renewed in SCE by temporary renewal method.
Now, recently, My temporary technician membership was converted to permanent. Now I want to change it to Engineer again..
Any advise in this regard please. If someone did it in this year or in last 6 months.
Any help will be greatly regarded.

Two things to consider here.
1. Saudisation of Engineering profession.
2.FE exam for Engineering profession.

IF you think that you will not be affected by the above two,

contact SCE to take an FE examination , and once cleared have your profession changed. I am assuming you have uploaded your engineering degree for the Technician Membership.

Thanks for the reply brother,
My sole purpose for changing profession is to overcome Saudization rule. Which says that Engineer positions cannot be held by Non Engineer Professions. So, I wanted to change the profession again.

It is true that I had uploaded my Engineer degree for verification for Technician this time. Same degree was used for Engineer Iqama in 2013.

Please let me know of any documentation process. Or for this purpose, I have to visit the SCE office. Please advise.

Hi

I am an ACCA member

I also have ITIL foundation certification

I have applied on saudi council of engineering using ITIL they give me temporary membership valid till next year with this message

A temporary membership has been issued under the number( 733690 ), since there is no available certification for the profession registeredin (iqama), kindly provide the certification and upload it via your profile inthe council or change the profession to an unlinked profession with the councilwithin 3 months

On the basis of this I renewed my iqama till next  year

Now My HR is saying that they are not able to change profession as it is not allowed by MOI.

I read articles saying it is possible if you register on both socpa and sce

Can someone share their experiences.

I have changed my iqama profession technician to engineer. Now I wants to change my SCE membership technician to engineer. What should I do in this regards?

Please upload your documents in SCEvwebsite portal and visit to SCE office. They will guide you and open enable the option in portal to further pay the fee and do the rest.

They told me that send to email at [email protected] with degree and other details, first we delete your previous technician account and then you again make an account with Engineer profession. I have already sent email one month ago and also personally visit in SCE office Riyadh and they told me that our call will be received in this regards but not call is received and even no email reply.

when did you changed your iqama profession from technician to engineer? is it currently open? In my case brother, my SCE membership was technician but when I visited Jeddah SCE, they saw my degree and asked me to renew the membership, once I paid the membership fee of 500 for 2 years, Membership type automatically changed from technician to Engineer.
Now I wonder, should I also change my profession on iqama from telecom technician to telecom engineer or it can be renewed easily?

SyedOmerg wrote:

Hi

I am an ACCA member

I also have ITIL foundation certification

I have applied on saudi council of engineering using ITIL they give me temporary membership valid till next year with this message

A temporary membership has been issued under the number( 733690 ), since there is no available certification for the profession registeredin (iqama), kindly provide the certification and upload it via your profile inthe council or change the profession to an unlinked profession with the councilwithin 3 months

On the basis of this I renewed my iqama till next  year

Now My HR is saying that they are not able to change profession as it is not allowed by MOI.

I read articles saying it is possible if you register on both socpa and sce

Can someone share their experiences.

Hi
Can you update in your case , did you change profession with Socpa membership?

I want to change my Membership type Technician to engineer and I uploaded my degree on portal but still not changed, only updated for one more year.

There is somewhat change in verification of degree,  diplomas by SCE.
Previously they were asking for certificates to renew registration but now they are extending without certificates. Probably this is the reason, Your certificate is not checked and not updated to Engineer.

I am registered as a telecom technician permanent. I want to update it, telecom engineer. Please advise if you have any experience in this regard.

1st you need to submit SCE attested documents. SCE will automatically update your status from Technician to Engineer. Rest process will be upti your HR.

I am already registered as a technician, and I have already uploaded my degree there. I received a message from SCE your documents are verified, you can print your membership card.
However, the membership type is still technician.

I think, You will need to visit SCE office. As far as I think, When you uploaded your Degree,  SCE should have verified your documents as engineer. As you had uploaded the 4 or 5 years degree.

Hello everyone, please let me know how you changed your iqama profession from technician to Engineer??
As per my knowledge only way to change profession is to do it "ONLINE" & only your company can do that... RIGHT ??

Secondly, i am valid member of SCE, Degree is attested, but when company try to do it online (Equipment Assembler [my current profession on iqama] to Electrical Engineer [as i have attested Elec Engineering degree]), system send error.

Please answer 3 questions:
1. Any other way then online to change occupation/profession?
2. Any solution, if online is only option? Documents are all good & complete. Still its showing error...Why?
3. Can i change to any other profession? As my basic concern is permanent family visa (not visit). so, any other profession which i can change & that will be eligible for permanent family visa?

Hello,
My iqama and sce profession  is electrical technician and my khafeel renewed my iqama by attaching electrical technician work experience in sce .
Now i want to change my profession in sce to engineer.
I visited sce but he did not give proper response and asked to get help from the company.
Kindly help

@Malikdsi boss what is the FE examination and how I may appeared in FE examination

@zubairnoetic bro how you changed your technician profession to engineer profession. Can u explain please

Dear gents,

I am registered in sce as a technician and want to change my profession as an engineer .i tried to upload the document ,but i cant,because option not move forward to up load document .

guide me waht to do next

My SCE membership was technician but when I visited Dammam SCE, They saw my degree which i uploaded at the first time of SCE Registration ,once I paid the membership fee of 750 for 3 years, Membership type automatically changed from technician to Engineer.

Now I wonder, should I also change my profession on iqama from Electrical technician to Electronic and Communication engineer or it can be renewed easily?