Which pass ?

Hello,
I am currently studying at a graphic design school in Switzerland. To validate my diploma, I need to make an internship in a graphic design studio for 6 months. I've found one, I've already book my flight and my room, but my Work Holiday Pass was denied because my school wasn't eligible for the pass. What should I do ? Is there an alternative ? (I forgot to mention that my internship will be paid, I don't know if that is playing a big role for the visa that I must choose).

Thank you,
Joé Pellegrino

AxCa_Carruzz wrote:

Hello,
I am currently studying at a graphic design school in Switzerland. To validate my diploma, I need to make an internship in a graphic design studio for 6 months. I've found one, I've already book my flight and my room, but my Work Holiday Pass was denied because my school wasn't eligible for the pass. What should I do ? Is there an alternative ? (I forgot to mention that my internship will be paid, I don't know if that is playing a big role for the visa that I must choose).

Thank you,
Joé Pellegrino

Work Holiday Pass quota is capped at 2000 for a year and Singapore has already reached it. The MoM website has this notification on the Top of the page for Work Holiday Pass application. The alternative is to apply for Training Employment Pass. You may check the website if you are eligible for it and then can ask your university to apply for it.

Good luck.

In addition to Training Employment Pass (TEP), there is also Training Work Permit (TWP) - read about the requirements on the MoM webpage!
You should under no circumstances enter Singapore on a visit pass (SVP, a.k.a. tourist visa) and do any paid work - you'd regret that very soon (and for very long)!