S- pass application

Dear All,
I have been applied for s- pass through an agency and got the application confirmation in my mobile as SMS with FIN no. But now I can't track my no. The agency is telling that I need immigration clearance for which I have to pay money.
Is there any such procedure  called immigration clearance while documents submission. I searched through MOM site I couldn't find anything like that. Can anyone guide me.
Thanks,
Ashish.

It's obvious that the message number was not your FIN number. MoM doesn't send SMS to an employee at the time of application submission. In fact, MoM never send any communication or data to the employee, rather MoM communicates directly to the employer, who is applying work pass.

There is no immigration clearance for your work pass approval. Did you read open threads under work pass category? We have plenty of discussion on this. Start spending time to go through those open threads to understand how work pass process works here.

By the way, how much that agent asking you to pay? Don't pay a penny to them, look like they are cheating you. Beware

Thanks Surya. Your advice was helpful.

I got the message which was seeming like true- (look below)

Mr.ASHISH KURIAKOSE/K 8893421 Your S-Pass Visa Application Submitted Successfully
on 16/04/2019.NRIC/FIN No is F4544981A You can track Details within 24Hrs after Submitting
Support Letters from the relevant Agency at Embassy Counter N.o S7 NewDelhi Before 18/04/2019. 
Login to https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLE … o?

After that I can't track the details now the agent telling to pay 8500 towards immigration clearance.

Anyone with same experience can share the details.

8500 is in INR or SGD or USD?

Secondly, this could be false as well as MoM doesn't send any such message to the employee. It was never heard before. Now-a-days, you need to be careful with whom you're dealing.

One thing is sure, both MoM and ICA never ask money for any clearance. It's illegal here. Good luck

Hi Surya,

First of all thank you for guiding. Now the agent had send me the screen shot of the mom application summary in down, its written immigration clearance required. Should I proceed with paying the money. What do think. It may be genuine or not.
Thank you.

As I said earlier, it's illegal to ask employee to pay any processing fee or application fee in Singapore. Not sure why your agent is asking this. By right, the employer must have to pay.

If the amount is very small then you may consider but it's not correct to ask employees for these kind of fees. Good luck