EP Application employment history

Hi, i am do many research in this forum, please advise me about my ep application for situation below:

I am now ep holder change employer, new company (second job in sg) hr submitted my application,

I am Acca holder and working experience total  7yrs include 6 yrs in Msia 1 yr working experience in sg. But in my latest resume submitted to new company i stated total 7yrs working experience but 2 yrs in sg. And my last draw salary is sgd2600 but i put 2800. My new offer is sgd3k.

When new hr submitted ep application for me, she asked me to confirm last day in my first company in msia before worked at sg, she say that MOM record for my last date in kl company not tally with my resume. Then she help me overwrite the date.

Will i know employment history will high chance cause my ep application being rejected? 😢

I know i am doing wrong thing when application for this time😥😔

Please advise, thanks.

In Singapore, by law it's not advisable to declare wrong information to Govt agency irrespective of situation or demand. Strictly avoided.

Now, coming back to your query. Good to hear that your employer is helping you to make corrections on your declaration to MoM. In normal situation, employer just turned back and cancel the offer letter as nobody wants to hire someone based on wrong data provided (knowingly) by the potential employee. So, this is a positive news for you.

Secondly, even you declare wrongly to MoM, they can easily verify, since when you are working in Singapore and your salary at previous employer. So, it's foolishness to declare something wrong which can be easily seen at other end.

Good thing here is that MoM doesn't know whether it was typo, mentioning wrong year of experience in Singapore or not (and salary). So, once your employer corrected it, MoM will take it as good. After then, based on various yardsticks (can be found in separate thread, we have highlighted possible reasons to get rejected an application - you can read) MoM will approve or reject someone's application. Good luck

Note: All expats, please avoid sending private message (PM) to us. This is highly inconvenient to us and we don't encourage sending PM, unless you are disclosing very personal information which you don't want to publish in the public forum. Our sole purpose to do volunteering is that to help each one of you and all our discussion should benefit everyone who might have similar questions. Thanks

Hi Updated here, my ep approved today. process 12days.
Thank you so much

@momolika I am curious how does MOM get hold of your previous employment history out of Sg? Did you share your past company's HR contact or paystub?

Jia99ang: A CV showing your prior employment history is part of any work pass application.
@beppi Thanks, I am aware of that requirement but it seems OP's submitted CV is different from MOM's employment history. Quoting the original commenter " HR say that MOM record for my last date in kl company not tally with my resume"

I am curious if MOM has any additional layer of background screening themselves, which could add to the overall approval time.
They of course check with what you submitted in earlier applications - and they may conduct background checks of their own. Any discrepancy will raise questions and/or lead to rejection.