Query regarding a mismatch in application

Let me give you a background information on myself.

Am Indian living in Singapore for last 5 years. My current company is not doing well and they were planning to shutdown. Luckily I got my new offer.

I filled out my EP form last Friday, in that I stated that I have been still working on my current company till date. Unfortunately my company closed on the following Monday and the new employee applied EP two days after my company was shutdown.

My concern is they applied EP stating that I was still working on my previous company but my pass was cancelled while they applied and there is a mis match in the information I provided.

How shall we correct/ intimate to MOM? Also the new company that offered me the job called me today that MOM asking the reliving order of my previous working companies.

Scared to death that MOM will reject my application due mismatch in the information provided. Any help on how to handle this would be much appreciated 😊

You can show work experience letter from the company with whom you were working. They might have closed but before that they should have given your reliving letter.

MoM can verify about the company status here. You can clarify that at the time of information was provided to my new employer, my previous company was not closedown. This is not a wrong information which will lead to EP rejection.

Now, MoM strict on selection criteria where the yardsticks are much higher looking at this year's Govt finance budget comments. Good luck

Thanks. I was in India when they cancelled my EP. Traveling back on Monday to meet my ex employee. Is there any rule that I can demand them to give me my relieving order. My boss was in clear mentality to cheat without paying my 4 months salary.

You didn't get your salary for 4 months and you are now coming here to get relieving letter? Something is terrible wrong to your last job and the employer. Good luck

Yes I went on a family emergency to India with prior intimation to the company and they cancelled my EP thinking that I didn't have a job offer and will not come back. I believe their false promises. Will deal them legally. Thanks for the advice Surya. Much relived!