ashishmau5 wrote:

Applied date: 28/05/2019
WP: 28/06/2019
SP: Not Yet
Region: Brussels
Application type: Fresh

Expected date of SP: No clue.

Any predicated date for my SP folks?

It had been more than 2.5 months since WP .Your WP date is 28th June , can you recheck. If so you need to contact your employer  so that they can check if any issue.  SP should ideally get approved from 8 to 10 weeks after WP date.

No I didn't because I went to the hospital already approved by the embassy. So in every country there are some doctors who are accredited to provide the certificate and it will be accepted by the embassy. Check on the embassy page there has to be the list

Hello.
Thanks for writing back. I checked with my employer and they have no updates on same. On 28th it will be complete 4 months for me since the application. I hope it is approved by next week.

ashishmau5 wrote:

Hello.
Thanks for writing back. I checked with my employer and they have no updates on same. On 28th it will be complete 4 months for me since the application. I hope it is approved by next week.

Best of luck for next week. Do let us know if you get SP. It had already been more than legal processing time since WP approval.

Hello,

My Timeline for reference

Applied date : 02/07/2019
Admissible : 22/08/2019
WP approval : 12/09/2019 (Sent to me via email by my employer)
SP:  Awaited

Work Region: Flanders
Commune : 1140 Brussels
Application type: Renewal.

Doubts, as I did not find a clear answer to my questions...

1. Am I eligible to continue working as my new WP is approved ?  It was a renewal and I have a valid RP till 28/10. My current WP expires on 28/09

2. Can I approach the commune now and check for the status of my SP as my WP is already approved or should I wait for any intimation by them ?

Thanks in advance..

EngineerAU wrote:
Ahmed_Talaat wrote:
EngineerAU wrote:

For those who submitted police clearance certificate during the single permit application, did you legalize it at both the Ministry and Belgian embassy in your country? Or was it legalized only at the Ministry?

I legalized mine from both, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Embassy of Belgium

Thanks Ahmed. What about your medical certificate? Did you legalize it and where?

No I didn't legalize it from anywhere because I made it at a doctor recognized by the embassy

deepanshu99 wrote:

Can you please help me with a query.

Actually My company has filed my belgium work permit long term 1 year visa for Brussels region.

My wife's company is filing work permit 2 year visa for Sweden for her.

We are looking for filing dependent visa in both the cases which means my wife will be filing Sweden dependent visa from her company for me and i will be filing dependent visa for for my wife for Belgium country from my company.

Can you please advice here if it is an issue if there is overlapping period.

I am worrying as both lies in schengen country and dependent can work in both the countries mentioned?

Could you please advice here if it is feasible?

thanks in advance.

What is your ultimate goal ?

You working in Belgium and your wife working in Sweden and you guys travel to each other occasionally ?
OR
One of you work in their country of assignment and the other stays there as a dependent ?

You will get your SP next week!

All the Best!

Thanks for reply aneesh.

My wife has short term assignment starting oct 15 to nov 15 but wp filed is of 2 years....i want to go with her for that 1 month along.
In meantime i want to apply for long term belgium visa i.e work permit and wife will be travelling as dependent there after completion of her assignment in sweden.

My basic question.

Is it allowed to have two residence permit of different schengen countries .one is off course work permit and another dependent residence permit.

Second is it ok to hold one work permit and one dependent visa for two different countries lying in schengen area where both countries allow dependent to work.

Thanks in advance

Ministry - Request for Clarification - Current Employment End date

I've received a request for clarification from Ministry (through my new employer) asking for the proof of future termination with my current employer with Specific End Date. Did anyone had submitted the similar clarification & what are the possible documents we can submit ? Is it OK to submit self declaration ?

Thank you very much in advance for the help.

rajpnr wrote:

I've received a request for clarification from Ministry (through my new employer) asking for the proof of future termination with my current employer with Specific End Date. Did anyone had submitted the similar clarification & what are the possible documents we can submit ? Is it OK to submit self declaration ?

Yes, I received this clarification, although they asked me to submit my current WP, which I did submit to my employer. I wrote to them that I do not posses WP and also attached the resignation acceptance letter from my current employer.

futuretostart wrote:
rajpnr wrote:

Yes, I received this clarification, although they asked me to submit my current WP, which I did submit to my employer. I wrote to them that I do not posses WP and also attached the resignation acceptance letter from my current employer.

Thanks a lot for the info.

I'll ask my current employer for an formal acceptance email stating the end date of employment.

Can anyone please help with this query.i really need urgent reply to proceed further.

Very much thanks in advance

Can anyone please help with this query.i really need urgent reply to proceed further.

Very much thanks in advance

I hope so. Fingers crossed

I hope so. Fingers crossed. Because on 28th it will be exact 4 months since my application.

Dear All ,

As per official communication,link : https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/FR/Guid … nique.aspx

IT states that "
NOTICE: The deadline for the examination of a first application by the Aliens Office is 2 to 8 weeks from the date on which the Region declared the application admissible (updated September 2019). If this deadline is not exceeded, the Office asks employers not to telephone, or send an email, to ask where is a file (extra work at the expense of processing applications)"

So it's official that SP should come in 2 to 8 weeks after application is declared admissable

Anjani0803 wrote:

Dear All ,

As per official communication,link : https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/FR/Guid … nique.aspx

IT states that "
NOTICE: The deadline for the examination of a first application by the Aliens Office is 2 to 8 weeks from the date on which the Region declared the application admissible (updated September 2019). If this deadline is not exceeded, the Office asks employers not to telephone, or send an email, to ask where is a file (extra work at the expense of processing applications)"

So it's official that SP should come in 2 to 8 weeks after application is declared admissable

Its been 4 weeks and i havent heard anything about the admissibility of my application

Anjani0803 wrote:

Dear All ,

IT states that "

I already posted that earlier, it's announced earlier this month, that's why I was asking that the process should go quicker than before!

Ahmed_Talaat wrote:
Anjani0803 wrote:

Dear All ,

IT states that "

I already posted that earlier, it's announced earlier this month, that's why I was asking that the process should go quicker than before!

Yes indeed. This is correct. If it goes beyond 8 weekS,  employer can contact.Howver I do not understand what does the first application implies. Any  idea?

Frandalf wrote:
Anjani0803 wrote:

Dear All ,

IT states that "

Its been 4 weeks and i havent heard anything about the admissibility of my application

The admissable of application might take up to 8 weeks from the date of application filed.

Anjani0803 wrote:
Ahmed_Talaat wrote:
Anjani0803 wrote:

Dear All ,

IT states that "

Yes indeed. This is correct. If it goes beyond 8 weekS,  employer can contact.Howver I do not understand what does the first application implies. Any  idea?

Actually I don't know either but what I understood from the whole info and the forum here that the 2 to 8 weeks is for the whole process of SP as before there were an update stating 9 weeks and the people who applied that time didn't go beyond the 9 weeks!
Well, let's wait, hope and see!

Anjani0803 wrote:
Frandalf wrote:
Anjani0803 wrote:

Dear All ,

IT states that "

The admissable of application might take up to 8 weeks from the date of application filed.

I thiught only 15 days?

Frandalf wrote:
Anjani0803 wrote:
Frandalf wrote:

I thiught only 15 days?

Buddy its already 17 weeks for me since application. Truly speaking there are no fixed timelines. I know a Canadian school friend of mine who got the WP in 6 months.

Is there anyone who have application in August received admissibility/ work authorization? Thank you

Anjani0803 wrote:

Dear All ,

IT states that "

This is incorrect. There are two phases of it:

1. Region will give you Work Permit
2. Alliens Office will give you Residence Permit.

Don't visit English Dofi site. It is not updated fully. Visit French or Dutch and then transalte.

That 2 to 8 weeks is for WP after the date of admissibility. They have given lucid information on

https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/FR/Guid … nique.aspx

Decision

The Aliens Office and the Region deal with the single application jointly and make a decision on the matter that concerns them.

The annexes mentioned in this text are the annexes to the Royal Decree of 08/10/1981 on access to the territory, residence, establishment and removal of foreigners.

Several scenarios are possible:

1)      The Region makes its decision within the first 15 days

If the Region refuses the work permit, it notifies the applicant of its decision and informs the employer and the Office.

If the Region grants the work permit, it sends its decision and the file to the Office, before the deadline.

If the Office grants the residence permit, both decisions are incorporated into a single administrative act in accordance with Annex 46. The decision to grant a single permit and the decisions to authorize residence and work , are notified to the applicant by the Office. The Office informs the employer, and sends a copy of Annex 46 to the municipal administration, or to the Belgian diplomatic and consular post, indicated in the single application.

If the Office refuses the residence permit, it notifies the applicant of its decision with a document in accordance with Annex 48. It informs the employer and the Region.

2)      The Region does not make its decision within the first 15 days

After the first 15 days, both the Region and the Office are in possession of the complete file, and proceed in parallel with the processing of the application.

The Region and the Office must take their decision within 4 months of the date on which the Region declared the application admissible. This period can be extended.

i.            The Region is the first to make a decision

If the Region refuses the work permit, it notifies the applicant of its decision, and informs the employer and the Office.

If the Region grants the work permit, it transmits its decision to the Office.

If the Office grants the residence permit, both decisions are incorporated into a single administrative act in accordance with Annex 46. The decision to grant a single permit and the decisions to authorize residence and work , are notified to the applicant by the Office. The Office informs the employer, and sends a copy of Annex 46 to the municipal administration, or to the Belgian diplomatic and consular post, indicated in the single application.

If the Office refuses the residence permit, it notifies the applicant of its decision with a document in accordance with Annex 48. It informs the employer and the Region.

ii.           The Office is the first to make its decision

If the Office refuses the residence permit, it informs the Region before notifying the applicant (Annex 48) of its decision and informing the employer.

If the Office grants the residence permit, it transmits its decision to the Region.

If the Region grants the work permit, it transmits its decision to the Office. Both decisions are incorporated into a single administrative act in accordance with Annex 46. The decision to grant a single permit and the decisions to authorize residence and work are notified to the applicant by the Office. The Office informs the employer, and sends a copy of Annex 46 to the municipal administration, or to the Belgian diplomatic and consular post, indicated in the single application.

If the Region refuses the work permit, it notifies the applicant and the employer of its decision and informs the Office.

3)      No negative decision is taken before the expiry of the 4-month period, possibly extended

If the Region and the Office do not take any negative decision within the period of 4 months, possibly extended, the residence permit and the work permit are deemed to be given.

The Office shall inform the applicant with a document in accordance with Annex 47.

The Office informs the employer, and sends a copy of Annex 47 to the municipal administration, or to the Belgian diplomatic and consular post, indicated in the single application.

Naman Thapliyal wrote:
Anjani0803 wrote:

Dear All ,

IT states that "

This is incorrect. There are two phases of it:

1. Region will give you Work Permit
2. Alliens Office will give you Residence Permit.

Don't visit English Dofi site. It is not updated fully. Visit French or Dutch and then transalte.

That 2 to 8 weeks is for WP after the date of admissibility. They have given lucid information on

https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/FR/Guid … nique.aspx

Decision

The Aliens Office and the Region deal with the single application jointly and make a decision on the matter that concerns them.

The annexes mentioned in this text are the annexes to the Royal Decree of 08/10/1981 on access to the territory, residence, establishment and removal of foreigners.

Several scenarios are possible:

1)      The Region makes its decision within the first 15 days

If the Region refuses the work permit, it notifies the applicant of its decision and informs the employer and the Office.

If the Region grants the work permit, it sends its decision and the file to the Office, before the deadline.

2)      The Region does not make its decision within the first 15 days

After the first 15 days, both the Region and the Office are in possession of the complete file, and proceed in parallel with the processing of the application.

The Region and the Office must take their decision within 4 months of the date on which the Region declared the application admissible. This period can be extended.

i.            The Region is the first to make a decision

If the Region refuses the work permit, it notifies the applicant of its decision, and informs the employer and the Office.

If the Region grants the work permit, it transmits its decision to the Office.

ii.           The Office is the first to make its decision

If the Office refuses the residence permit, it informs the Region before notifying the applicant (Annex 48) of its decision and informing the employer.

If the Office grants the residence permit, it transmits its decision to the Region.

If the Region grants the work permit, it transmits its decision to the Office. Both decisions are incorporated into a single administrative act in accordance with Annex 46. The decision to grant a single permit and the decisions to authorize residence and work are notified to the applicant by the Office. The Office informs the employer, and sends a copy of Annex 46 to the municipal administration, or to the Belgian diplomatic and consular post, indicated in the single application.

If the Region refuses the work permit, it notifies the applicant and the employer of its decision and informs the Office.

3)      No negative decision is taken before the expiry of the 4-month period, possibly extended

If the Region and the Office do not take any negative decision within the period of 4 months, possibly extended, the residence permit and the work permit are deemed to be given.

The Office shall inform the applicant with a document in accordance with Annex 47.

The Office informs the employer, and sends a copy of Annex 47 to the municipal administration, or to the Belgian diplomatic and consular post, indicated in the single application.

Hi ,
It's the Dutch site only, English site does not have any information.
The information as posted earlier is English translation of the below "

AVIS :

Le délai d'examen d'une première demande par l'Office des étrangers est de 2 à 8 semaines, à compter de la date à laquelle la Région a déclaré la demande recevable (mise à jour : septembre 2019).

Si ce délai n'est pas dépassé, l'Office demande aux employeurs de ne pas téléphoner, ou envoyer un mail, pour demander où en est un dossier (travail supplémentaire au détriment du traitement des demandes)."

Which says that Allien officerS can approve in 2 to 8 weeks .Alliens office approveS SP.
The above time line of 4 months was old , the new information was updated in September 2019.

Regarding 2 to 8 weeks for WP,  it could be upto 8 weeks not 2 to 8 weeks,  as we had many examples including me for which WP approved same day or next day of date of admissable.

So it's
WP : upto 8 weeks from date of admissibility.
SP : 2 to 8 weeks from date of admissibility.
Admissable : upto 8 weeks from application filed.

Howver SP processes starts after WP approval which takes upto 8 weeks again .

Hope this clarifies all doubts

My employer submitted my application on 21st Aug 2019, however I have not received any communication on admissibility till date.

sky_1990 wrote:

Is there anyone who have application in August received admissibility/ work authorization? Thank you

My employer submitted my application on 21st Aug 2019, however I have not received any communication on admissibility till date.

My application is submitted on the 2nd week of August but no response yet !

sky_1990 wrote:

My application is submitted on 14th August & received admissibility notification on 20th September. Asking for additional clarification regarding the resignation proof that I'll resign from my current employer.

Region: Flanders

deepanshu99 wrote:

Thanks for reply aneesh.

My wife has short term assignment starting oct 15 to nov 15 but wp filed is of 2 years....i want to go with her for that 1 month along.
In meantime i want to apply for long term belgium visa i.e work permit and wife will be travelling as dependent there after completion of her assignment in sweden.

My basic question.

Is it allowed to have two residence permit of different schengen countries .one is off course work permit and another dependent residence permit.

Second is it ok to hold one work permit and one dependent visa for two different countries lying in schengen area where both countries allow dependent to work.

Thanks in advance

First of all, this discussion is off-topic to this thread, but its ok.

Secondly, you posting again for responses, urgency, etc.. While we all understand you would appreciate an answer asap, ppl here are helping others in their available free time. No one is paid to write in this forum, so a bit of patience please (it's a request).

Based on my limited knowledge, you are making this a very complex thingy altogether..

So, your application for a dependent visa to Sweden: Dependent visa is a long stay visa type. If you just take it for a short visit, that is indeed misuse of visa rules and can be a bad remark in your application history for schengen countries. But that is the ethical side. Now legally and practically: If your wife has only one month to live in Sweden, I dont think she (and you as her dependent) will have the time or long term accommodation to complete the paperwork to get a Swedish residence permit. I think you may have to return just using your visas. So, what you will end up is her and you back from Sweden with long term visas issued by Sweden. Then you (your employer) will apply for your Belgian work permit . Once that is approved, you will have apply for Belgian long term visa or you and (dependent) for your wife, I assume or believe you wil be asked to cancel your Swedish visas while processing of your Belgian long term visas. Now, if your application process overlaps (for example when your single permit aplicaiton is with Department of foreign affairs for processing, if they notice you have another country's long term (dependent) visa) I have no idea how it will impact the decision making.

There are immigration lawyers you can consult if you really made up your mind to take this up, or you just let time tell you what will happen.

therhapzody wrote:

I consulted a lawyer and I was told that I can continue to work, as I have a work permit approved and there is still a month of validity on my resident card. But, as soon as my current resident card expires, I have to stop working, in a case where Single Permit is not approved before that! Also, my employment contract should also be stopped.

Annexe 15 is not issued anymore according to the new procedure! - so, no luck there!

You won't receive a special status/card after 5 year automatically. I applied for Permanent Residence Card Type B, after completing 5years and I'm waiting for an answer for more than 6 months.

Note: Also, I noticed that the current work permit approval document says that it is approved for 3 years!

Update from Commune:

As my Resident card is expiring next week, which could be before I receive the Single Permit or Permanent Residence Type B, I'm asked to visit the commune on or a day before the current Residence card expiry.
They would issue 'Annexe 49' which is an equivalent of, now deprecated 'Annexe 15'. This would allow me to stay in the country, but without any right to work.

Context:
WP Approved on 28th August
Region - Brussels
Commune: Woluwe Saint-Lambert

I'm in the same situation - what would be this proof? I'd like to not have a gap between the two employers but I believe that this will be inevitable as we have to make sure we stop working from current employer before SP is fully approved. What's the suggestion regarding when to resign?

rajpnr wrote:

My application is submitted on 14th August & received admissibility notification on 20th September. Asking for additional clarification regarding the resignation proof that I'll resign from my current employer.

I'm in the same situation - what would be this proof? I'd like to not have a gap between the two employers but I believe that this will be inevitable as we have to make sure we stop working from current employer before SP is fully approved. What's the suggestion regarding when to resign?

amac1993 wrote:
rajpnr wrote:

I've sent the complete mail (which contains the specific employment end date after notice period) regarding the resignation conversation with my current employer. I believe that they're asking it to put the start date in new Work Permit. As soon as we get the new Work Permit, we cannot work for the current employer anymore.

I see that their clarification is valid. They will give new SP only from the date when your current employment ends after notice period. This is my understanding !

Hi All,

For Belgium Single work permit, is it possible to hold WP & search job from native country?

vinagr wrote:
sky_1990 wrote:

Same here, i submitted on August 23rd and still no news!

well, my application is on 8th August but no news so far :(

SAPJOB_Eurpoe wrote:

Hi All,

For Belgium Single work permit, is it possible to hold WP & search job from native country?

WP or SP application is initiated only after you get a job.