New Single Work Permit Procedure - Belgium

chandra1653 wrote:

Hi All,

Anyone received SP approvals for Brussels region for applications filed during August and September.

My Timeline:

Application filed: September 6th.
Date of Admissibility: N/A
WP Approval: October 4th ( Informed by the Employer)
SP Approval: Waiting ??
Region: Brussels

If anyone have the same timelines please share your case.

Thanks & Regards,
Chandra

My timeline is more or less the same . I got my wp on 01.10 and am still waiting for the sp. i applied for flanders. Seems like there is a lagging in Nov.

Hi guys!
My single permit is taking more than 4 months now for working in Brussels.
Is anyone passing through the same or is this a rare case?
The application was filed by the end of June and the work permit was accepted on the 26th of August (informed by my employer) I am currently still waiting for the email with all the documents to go the embassy.

Thank you

Hi DianaYassa, I think you can now contact them at [email protected] and check about your status. They should get back to you within a couple of days. You just need to specify a passport N or your public security number.

Hello Lilia,
Thank you a lot for your reply. Can you please provide me with the link? I couldn't find it on the previous post.

I was also advised by my employer not to contact the authorities direct. Will that cause a problem if I called?

lilia_mamikon wrote:

Hi DianaYassa, I think you can now contact them at [email protected] and check about your status. They should get back to you within a couple of days. You just need to specify a passport N or your public security number.

They stated in their auto-reply that they will get back to you within 20 working days

Thank you a lot both of you.
I sent the email and I hope they will get back to me soon.

Hello guys,

Has anyone had or is going through a similar situation?
I received my SP on 11/05/2019, I contacted my employer to send me the letters of responsibility for residence and health insurance so that my family can apply for their visa.
Today they told me that I should apply for family reunion after being there.
Does this information proceed?
My intenti

No, this information is not correct. You can all apply at the same time.

Hello!

Did anybody receive SP these last days?

Aneesh wrote:

If I send their dossier to the embassy with my signed employment contract and even my visa copy, would they approve the visas?

All documentation is ready, including the medical exam, which is only 3 months old and may expire if you wait.

Yesterday my visa passport arrived, but it came to just one year and my employment contract is 3 years. Has it gone wrong, or will I have to renew every year?

Agreed with @Aneesh.
Better to apply VisaD together with your family; typically it takes 5 working days. If you apply family reunification later when you are in Belgium, it would take 6~8 months.

MarcelML wrote:
Aneesh wrote:

Yesterday my visa passport arrived, but it came to just one year and my employment contract is 3 years. Has it gone wrong, or will I have to renew every year?

As far as I know, the visa is valid for a maximum of 1 year.

Once you arrive in Belgium, you should register in the commune and they will give you a residence permit card, which is valid until the end of your stay.

You can also contact the consulate to be sure on in and how to proceed.

Marcel,
about the Letter, @aneesh once wrote me this.
- Housing: Initial hotel booking or apartment contract for initial period (1 month or so), and a letter from your employer stating that you will be finding a long-term accommodation using this initial stay period, will suffice.
- Mutuelle: Travel medical insurance for initial period (3 months) and a letter from your employer stating that you and your family will be subscribed to a Belgian mutuality the day you start employment with them.

The text helps a lot, basically what I recommend is to book one month stay (if provided by the company, just show the booking). And the Mutuelle, you need to contract a travel Insurance for 3 months for your family (this is costly, but is the safer way).

About the passaport VISA, yes is just one year, but you won't need it after you get the Residence Card. Next time you go back to BR, and get back to Belgium, you just show your Belgian ID.

Guys, to make it clear for EVERY countries:

national == resident permit (valid id card) >>>>>>>>> visa

Visa is just one of the mandatory step to cross the borders of a country and to stay temporary.
Resident permit means what it means... to live in that country.

gondr wrote:

Hello!

From the forum its seems the last one that got SP was on 05/11. Pretty weird.

Hi All,

My employer, submitted my documents for single permit to ministry. Today they have received the below question from the ministry.

What's the name of the competent diplomatic or consular post near the place you are living in India?

As I am living in chennai India, I gave the details of the Belgium Consulate chennai.

Consulate General Chennai
18, III th floor, Yafa Tower - Khader Nawaz Khan Road - Nungambakkam
600 006 Chennai
India

Opening hours and closing days
Consul General Mark VAN DE VREKEN
+91 444 048 55 00
+91 805 623 48 05 (Emergency) Emergency consular assistance, ONLY for Belgians in difficulty, outside opening hours
[email protected]
http://india.diplomatie.belgium.be

Is this the one they are expecting ? Does anyone here, received the similar request ?

Thanks in Advance.

Yeah, it's ok.
Your file is being processed by the embassy anyway, they'll just forward everything back at the consulate when the decision is known.

Frandalf wrote:
gondr wrote:

Hello!

From the forum its seems the last one that got SP was on 05/11. Pretty weird.

Yes, it has been a while. :(
Maybe people are not using this forum so much anymore.
Let's hope to receive news soon.

DianaYassa wrote:

Hi guys!
My single permit is taking more than 4 months now for working in Brussels.
Is anyone passing through the same or is this a rare case?
The application was filed by the end of June and the work permit was accepted on the 26th of August (informed by my employer) I am currently still waiting for the email with all the documents to go the embassy.

Thank you

From the website werk.be about the single permit procedure (for Flanders) if you did not hear anything 4 months after the admissibility day that means that the single permit is automatically granted. I'm not so sure how it is for Brussels and what to do in this case

MarcelML wrote:
Aneesh wrote:

If I send their dossier to the embassy with my signed employment contract and even my visa copy, would they approve the visas?

All documentation is ready, including the medical exam, which is only 3 months old and may expire if you wait.

Yes, I have seen this working for some forum members. You can apply for your spouse, with all required documents + your visa copy and a cover letter explaining your situation.

And as said by many other forum members, once you are here in Belgium, you will get your residence permit card, which replaces the visa then on. RP is renewed based on continuous employment.

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you so much for such useful information sharing! I finally received my SP as well, and here is my timeline for your reference.

Application filed: Aug 20
Admissibility date: Sep 20
WP approval: Oct 3
SP approval: Nov 19

Now I just need to go the visa application center for type D visa.
However, I had one question... it's mentioned that an administrative fee of 358 € must be paid before submitting the documents to the visa application center. Do you know if this fee is already paid by the employer when filling in SP documents or do I have to pay it? Thanks again so much for all your help through this forum.

Good luck and patience to those still waiting!

Best,
Lilia

lilia_mamikon wrote:

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you so much for such useful information sharing! I finally received my SP as well, and here is my timeline for your reference.

Application filed: Aug 20
Admissibility date: Sep 20
WP approval: Oct 3
SP approval: Nov 19

Now I just need to go the visa application center for type D visa.
However, I had one question... it's mentioned that an administrative fee of 358 € must be paid before submitting the documents to the visa application center. Do you know if this fee is already paid by the employer when filling in SP documents or do I have to pay it? Thanks again so much for all your help through this forum.

Good luck and patience to those still waiting!

Best,
Lilia

358 Euro payment is for the processing of your single permit application. You have to pay separately for your visa about 180 euro.

Aneesh wrote:
MarcelML wrote:
Aneesh wrote:

Yes, I have seen this working for some forum members. You can apply for your spouse, with all required documents + your visa copy and a cover letter explaining your situation.

And as said by many other forum members, once you are here in Belgium, you will get your residence permit card, which replaces the visa then on. RP is renewed based on continuous employment.

And in the absence of the letter assuring Mutuelle to the family, can I replace it with something else? Has anyone obtained a family visa without this information?
In my employment contract is written health insurance guarantee, but does not mention family ...

Schengen insurance is mandatory for your travel.
That's a condition by the immigration to cross the border.

So, you've to buy a travel insurance for Schegen state (minimum 30.000€) for each member of your family that is traveling to Europe.

Hi AmitS01,

Yea, I am aware of the visa fee. However, in the list of the document that I have to take with me to the visa application center, I have to also show "Confirmation of administrative fees payment", which is the fee of 358 euros. My question is whether this fee has already been paid by my employer or I have to make the payment? It's just strange that they are asking for this confirmation document for for my type D visa interview.

Thanks.

This was paid by your employer (or via agency/law firm assisting your relocation). The proof of payment should be sent to you together with the other documents (e.g. proof of accommodation in Belgium) you will need to present to your local Belgium Embassy to apply for visa D.

lilia_mamikon wrote:

Hi AmitS01,

Yea, I am aware of the visa fee. However, in the list of the document that I have to take with me to the visa application center, I have to also show "Confirmation of administrative fees payment", which is the fee of 358 euros. My question is whether this fee has already been paid by my employer or I have to make the payment? It's just strange that they are asking for this confirmation document for for my type D visa interview.

Thanks.

No... This confirmation was not requested in my case... This payment is done by either you or employer during SP application... Once you have SP purpose of this payment is served....

Hello Everyone,

My employer submitted documents on Sep 26th 2019, and on Nov 20th I have got a question about the closest consulate in my living area in India.

Does this mean, my WP has been approved, and process for SP is in Progress ?

Its been 2 months since my employer had submitted the documents to the ministry.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Bala.

hi, i just received my annex 46 by mail, now i need to apply for a visa D, actually i dont know really how to procede and what to do ? can u help me please by telling me all the steps i need to follow and the papers i need to gather
thanks

When did you get your work permit and which region you applied for?

Hey everybody,

Here's my timeline of the process for a new Single Permit in Flanders region:

Date of Application (by employer): 28th August 2019
Single Permit Approval: October 2019
Residence Permit Approval (Email from immigration office): 9th November 2019
Visa application in India (VFS Kolkata): 14th November 2019
Visa Approved: 23rd November 2019

I have found this entire thread to be particularly helpful from the specifics of required documents to estimating processing timelines.
Thanks to everyone for sharing their experience with the Single Permit process.

Could you please share Ur timelines? And the region u applied for ?

14 AUGUST : my file was submitted by the company im gonna work for.
20 september : regional authorities gave their approval
22 november : i got my work permit (annex 46 by mail) which means the federal authorities gave their approval

Please  now if someone had gone through the visa process could tell us what did he do ?

P.S : region : Brussels

amira21547 wrote:

14 AUGUST : my file was submitted by the company im gonna work for.
20 september : regional authorities gave their approval
22 november : i got my work permit (annex 46 by mail) which means the federal authorities gave their approval

Please  now if someone had gone through the visa process could tell us what did he do ?

You have to check the long term visa D requirements on the website of Belgium embassy in your country.

Could anyone pls help me by giving inputs on this ?

ergbalachandar wrote:

Input on WHAT?

SimCityAT wrote:
ergbalachandar wrote:

Input on WHAT?

PFB.

Hello Everyone,

My employer submitted documents on Sep 26th 2019, and on Nov 20th I have got a question about the closest consulate in my living area in India.

Its been 2 months since my employer had submitted the documents to the ministry.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Bala.

ergbalachandar wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:
ergbalachandar wrote:

Input on WHAT?

PFB.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Bala.

I think the question doesn't mean anything, as the WP should be sent to your employer (so ask them if they received it) and SP should be sent directly to you, moreover, the process for SP is 4 months, you can't contact the authority before that period as per DOFI website.