New Single Work Permit Procedure - Belgium

Ahmed_Talaat wrote:
ergbalachandar wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

Input on WHAT?

PFB.

Hello Everyone,

My employer submitted documents on Sep 26th 2019, and on Nov 20th I have got a question about the closest consulate in my living area in India.

Does this mean, my WP has been approved, and process for SP is in Progress ?

Its been 2 months since my employer had submitted the documents to the ministry.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Bala.

I think the question doesn't mean anything, as the WP should be sent to your employer (so ask them if they received it) and SP should be sent directly to you, moreover, the process for SP is 4 months, you can't contact the authority before that period as per DOFI website.

Yes, I have already asked my employer for any updates. They didnt get any updates from the ministry except the above question. Its been 2 months since documents had been submitted.

My Timeline:

Application filed: 11-10-2019
WP Approval    : 04-11-2019
SP Approva     l: Waiting
Region: Flanders

Hi Guys,

Quick question - Has anyone travelled after 3 months from getting the visa - where your visa is valid for 6 months and visa type is Long stay type D dependent visa ?

sukjong wrote:

My Timeline:

Please keep me updated on your SP approval date as my case is filed just 9 days before urs. . My WP is filed on 2nd Oct. but for Brussels region.
By the way how you got to know that ur WP is approved. My case is filed from Employer so they told that I wont be getting any interim statuses.

sukjong wrote:

My Timeline:

I have almost the same timeline.

Application: 15 Oct 2019
WP Approval: 05 Nov 2019
Awaiting SP approval.

God bless & all the best to us all...

alphalimapapa wrote:
sukjong wrote:

My Timeline:

Awaiting SP approval.

How did you got to know that your WP is approved? My employer told that we cant get interim status. I will get mail with annex 49 and WP , SP approval copies directly.

bahirrao wrote:
alphalimapapa wrote:
sukjong wrote:

My Timeline:

Awaiting SP approval.

How did you got to know that your WP is approved? My employer told that we cant get interim status. I will get mail with annex 49 and WP , SP approval copies directly.

The law firm engaged by my employer in Belgium notified me that the WP is approved & that my files will then be forwarded to the Foreign Affairs for the 2nd part approval for the SP.

chandra1653 wrote:

Hi All,

Anyone received SP approvals for Brussels region for applications filed during August and September.

My Timeline:

Application filed: September 6th.
Date of Admissibility: N/A
WP Approval: October 4th ( Informed by the Employer)
SP Approval: Waiting ??
Region: Brussels

If anyone have the same timelines please share your case.

Thanks & Regards,
Chandra

Finally, my wait is over for the email of single permit

It reached my inbox today.

SP Approval: 26/11/2019

Thank you each and every one of you, for informative comments in the threads and I wish you all the best for the ones waiting for the SP approval.

Thanks & Regards,
Chandra

My employer inform me WP approval date.

Actually, HRD of employer didn't inform it, so I asked them whether WP approved or not.
After then, I received WP approval date just Yesterday (25-11-2019) from my employer.

chandra1653 wrote:
chandra1653 wrote:

Hi All,

Anyone received SP approvals for Brussels region for applications filed during August and September.

My Timeline:

SP Approval: Waiting ??

If anyone have the same timelines please share your case.

Thanks & Regards,
Chandra

Finally, my wait is over for the email of single permit

It reached my inbox today.

SP Approval: 26/11/2019

Thank you each and every one of you, for informative comments in the threads and I wish you all the best for the ones waiting for the SP approval.

Thanks & Regards,
Chandra

Congrats! I hope mine will come soon as well

Hi All,

I just got to know that my application is still in WP approval. (Not sent for SP ).
My filing date was 2nd Oct. Its almost 2 months.

Any hint why its late. again SP apporval will take its own time. I was expecting my WP/SP approval in Dec end.

I have googled about the WP and SP process. It was mentioned on 2-3 sites that after ur file is admissible, both Region(for Work permit) and office( for resident permit)  processes work in parallel . Its NOT  like first WP will be approved then it will be given SP for approval. Both processes are PARALLEL.

I hope this is correct. Let me know if anyone have different understanding.

I dont think that is correct. Because in my WP letter it is stated that my application will be forwarded automatically for the decision of SP.
So I think the process goes step by step.

okanoz wrote:

I dont think that is correct. Because in my WP letter it is stated that my application will be forwarded automatically for the decision of SP.
So I think the process goes step by step.

Please refer  3rd Point under Process headline.

https://www.santaferelo.com/en/mobility … uary-2019/

By the way any guess why my WP is till not approved though my applciation is filed on 2nd Oct.

On the website of the immigration office, you can find information about it:

https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/FR/Guid … nique.aspx

it says:

1)     La Région prend sa décision dans le premier délai de 15 jours

Si la Région refuse l'autorisation de travail, elle notifie sa décision au demandeur, et elle  informe l'employeur et l'Office.

Si la Région accorde l'autorisation de travail, elle transmet sa décision et le dossier à l'Office, avant l'échéance du délai.

2)     La Région ne prend pas sa décision dans le premier délai de 15 jours

Passé le premier délai de 15 jours, la Région et l'Office sont tous deux en possession du dossier complet, et poursuivent en parallèle le traitement de la demande.

From that, I understood that the applications will run parallel only if you do not receive an answer from your region after 15 days of your admissibility date.
If you know this information, you can have an idea if it is already in possession of both offices or not.

gondr wrote:

it says:

Si la Région refuse l'autorisation de travail, elle notifie sa décision au demandeur, et elle  informe l'employeur et l'Office.

Si la Région accorde l'autorisation de travail, elle transmet sa décision et le dossier à l'Office, avant l'échéance du délai.

Passé le premier délai de 15 jours, la Région et l'Office sont tous deux en possession du dossier complet, et poursuivent en parallèle le traitement de la demande.

From that, I understood that the applications will run parallel only if you do not receive an answer from your region after 15 days of your admissibility date.
If you know this information, you can have an idea if it is already in possession of both offices or not.

My file was submitted on 2nd Oct. I received one query on 31st Oct and I resubmitted one doc on 1st Nov. So I assume that file must be admissible as already 26 days are past. You mentioned 15 days of admissibility date - does this mean working 15 days or normal 15 days ?

bahirrao wrote:
gondr wrote:

it says:

My file was submitted on 2nd Oct. I received one query on 31st Oct and I resubmitted one doc on 1st Nov. So I assume that file must be admissible as already 26 days are past. You mentioned 15 days of admissibility date - does this mean working 15 days or normal 15 days ?

I don't know if these are working days or not.

Yes, I would also expect that it is already considered admissible. But you can only be sure if they informed you or your employer about it.
Hope you get news soon.

gondr wrote:
bahirrao wrote:
gondr wrote:

it says:

Yes, I would also expect that it is already considered admissible. But you can only be sure if they informed you or your employer about it.
Hope you get news soon.

So most likely I can assume that my processing is getting parallel - wp and resident permit

Hello All,

I have a question regarding the documents for VISA-D for my wife. Yesterday I have received the Single Permit approval.

So for the documents related to my wife such as

1) PCC
2) Birth Certificate
3) Marriage Certificate

Do we need apostille the documents while filing the VISA-D Application?

I am planning to travel both together, Me and my wife on a dependent visa.

Please respond.

Thanks & Regards,
Chandra

bahirrao wrote:
gondr wrote:
bahirrao wrote:

Hope you get news soon.

So most likely I can assume that my processing is getting parallel - wp and resident permit

The process is not parallel.

In Brussels website there is a clear flow: WP comes first.
http://werk-economie-emploi.brussels/en … ty-belgium

chandra1653 wrote:

Hello All,

I have a question regarding the documents for VISA-D for my wife. Yesterday I have received the Single Permit approval.

So for the documents related to my wife such as

1) PCC
2) Birth Certificate
3) Marriage Certificate

Do we need apostille the documents while filing the VISA-D Application?

I am planning to travel both together, Me and my wife on a dependent visa.

Please respond.

Thanks & Regards,
Chandra

Accdg to the legal advise I obtained, the documents have to be apostille'd by the Foreign Affairs office of your country then to be legalized by the Belgium Embassy before you submit for VisaD application. Aside from the documents you indicated, you will have to present additional documents like proof of medical coverage in Belgium, proof of accomodation in Belgium, etc. Better to get additional advise from your employer.

I got a reply from the helpdesk today, apparently they declare a preliminary unadmissibility because there are missing documents in my application (which is weird bc i already got my WP). Importantly, they already declared this unadmissibility in October but without notifying me or employer until i sent them an email to ask about the application. So, i would suggest to go ahead and send them email if you really need information about your SP otherwise your application will stay frozen because there is no timely communication from their side.

Frandalf wrote:

I got a reply from the helpdesk today, apparently they declare a preliminary unadmissibility because there are missing documents in my application (which is weird bc i already got my WP). Importantly, they already declared this unadmissibility in October but without notifying me or employer until i sent them an email to ask about the application. So, i would suggest to go ahead and send them email if you really need information about your SP otherwise your application will stay frozen because there is no timely communication from their side.

They informed you which documents?

Frandalf wrote:

Hi,

On which email id, you had sent your query to the helpdesk. Can you please share.

What details you had to quote, to ask about the status of your SP status?

Frandalf wrote:

Good that you contacted them.
The relocation agency told me it takes 6-8 weeks to receive SP after I got the WP. So I will wait until then and contact them in case I do not hear anything.

Thanks for sharing.

gondr wrote:
Frandalf wrote:

The relocation agency told me it takes 6-8 weeks to receive SP after I got the WP. So I will wait until then and contact them in case I do not hear anything.

Thanks for sharing.

Which region you are waiting your SP from?...

alphalimapapa wrote:
gondr wrote:
Frandalf wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

Which region you are waiting your SP from?...

Flanders.
I believe it is just an estimation based on the last processes. But ofc, it must change from file to file.

gondr wrote:
Frandalf wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

Dont wait until 8 weeks if its urgent. Its very urgent for me so i contacted them just after 6 weeks.

vinagr wrote:
Frandalf wrote:

Hi,

On which email id, you had sent your query to the helpdesk. Can you please share.

[email protected]

Your name, birthday
Belgian ID or passport number

Frandalf wrote:
vinagr wrote:
Frandalf wrote:

Hi,

[email protected]

Your name, birthday

Thanks. I have sent a mail to them. Hoping to get a response soon. In how many days did they send a response back to you?

vinagr wrote:
Frandalf wrote:
vinagr wrote:

Hi,

[email protected]

Your name, birthday

Thanks. I have sent a mail to them. Hoping to get a response soon. In how many days did they send a response back to you?

You should/will be receiving an automatic reply from the infodesk soon indicating that they reply back to you within 20 working days. I did send a query to them about my SP 10 calendars days ago & still waiting for update.

All,

Anyone received SP recently? Specially who filed in Oct or end of Sept.. ?
Do they clear out applications before year end holidays?

bahirrao wrote:

All,

I am still waiting for SP; just over 4 weeks now since WP is approved.
I did send a query to infodesk about 2 weeks ago & I just got a response from them (need to provide them copy of your passport) that it is still in process & indicated that it typically takes 2 to 4 months to process but they are trying their best to speed it up.

Praying to get SP soon...

alphalimapapa wrote:
bahirrao wrote:

All,

I did send a query to infodesk about 2 weeks ago & I just got a response from them (need to provide them copy of your passport) that it is still in process & indicated that it typically takes 2 to 4 months to process but they are trying their best to speed it up.

I  submited documents on 11th Oct and WP was approved on 4th Nov (Employer informed via e-mail).
Now I am also waiting as llike you. I really hope we get SP soon..

By the way, is the SP document sent by both  e-mail and real paper document ?
Does attached electronic document to e-email have authority as a original document for VISA D registration ? Or should I wait for arriving original paper documents to submit VISA D ?

sukjong wrote:
alphalimapapa wrote:
bahirrao wrote:

All,

I  submited documents on 11th Oct and WP was approved on 4th Nov (Employer informed via e-mail).
Now I am also waiting as llike you. I really hope we get SP soon..

By the way, is the SP document sent by both  e-mail and real paper document ?
Does attached electronic document to e-email have authority as a original document for VISA D registration ? Or should I wait for arriving original paper documents to submit VISA D ?

Mail is authenticated... No paper docs needed.
I submitted on 2nd Oct but I received one query to update contract as Minimum wage is getting increased from 2020. I resumitted docs on 1st Nov and I checked last week so status was like - File is with Belgium ministry on employment approval. So I am worried that it will be late or so?

Hi All,

My employer submitted documents for workpermit on Sept 26th.

Today they have been asked for the administrative fees receipt by the ministry.

Is the administrative fees is for the single permit ? Or for the work permit ?

Regards,
Bala.

ergbalachandar wrote:

Hi All,

Regards,
Bala.

Not too sure but I'm guessing that is the 358Euro visa contribution paid by the employer. I was told you will also need to present that to local Belgium embassy when you apply for VisaD.

alphalimapapa wrote:
ergbalachandar wrote:

Hi All,

Regards,
Bala.

Not too sure but I'm guessing that is the 358Euro visa contribution paid by the employer. I was told you will also need to present that to local Belgium embassy when you apply for VisaD.

I was already in Belgium. Since I came back this fees needs to be paid by me it seems.

Hi All, My work permit approved on 8 November 2019, its been a close to 4 weeks now...any possibilities to receive the single permit before Christmas or how long I need to wait now for single permit?

Any one received single permit recently on related to my work permit approval date ?

anandvenitha wrote:

Hi All, My work permit approved on 8 November 2019, its been a close to 4 weeks now...any possibilities to receive the single permit before Christmas or how long I need to wait now for single permit?

Any one received single permit recently on related to my work permit approval date ?

My WP was approved 05Nov & also waiting for SP. I did send a query to IBZ Infodesk & I was told that my file is in process & that it typically takes between 2 to 4 months but I was also informed they are trying their best to speed up the process.
I know this is not much of help as we all are eagerly waiting for our SP due to the critical timelines to plan for the move especially if the move involves immediate family, like in my case.