New Single Work Permit Procedure - Belgium

Hi!

Been reading the messages from this thread for the past two hours. It is really helpful and relieving knowing that I'm not alone (but of course I hope that everything goes smoothly for everyone).

I have some questions regarding my single permit application:
I am a non-EU and applying from outside EU as well. I submitted all the required documents to my employer on Nov 6th through email (they didn't ask me to sent the hardcopy or original) and have not received any news since then. I tried to follow up to my employer regarding the process (whether the application is acceptable/not, when they submit the files, etc), but still no response. This frustrates me to be honest because I don't know the status/progress of my application. But, I kept on waiting.

On Jan 16th my employer sent me an email asking which embassy/consulate that I contacted with so far in my home country, because the Wallonian region asked for that information. They also told me that the process is ongoing that I still had to wait.

I didn't receive any update since then, and now I don't know what to do. I don't want to be annoying by keep asking my employer about the progress, but I feel like I am under the dark zone. I saw most people know when the application is submitted (by the employer), but that is not the case in me.

Can anyone suggest me what should I do in this waiting time? Should I ask my employer/HRD again knowing that this is already in February? or Should I just directly contact the ibz about the status of my application?

Any answer would be very helpful and I hope everyone is successful in their application!

Also, I have another question regarding the health insurance.

One of the documents that I submitted for the single permit application on Nov 6th is the health insurance. I applied for private health insurance in this matter.

Back then, the International Office from the company suggested me to apply for travel insurance to cover the first weeks/months upon my arrival. We expected that I would get the single permit and visa by the end of January or early February 2020 -- in which it's not happening.

Now, the coverage period of my travel insurance that I submitted will expire soon. What should I do in this matter? I can extend the coverage period, but to what extent?
Another thing, will it influence the process of my application? I am so afraid that this will delay or give negative feedback my application.

Thank you in advance for any response! :)

anishamr17 wrote:

Hi!

Been reading the messages from this thread for the past two hours. It is really helpful and relieving knowing that I'm not alone (but of course I hope that everything goes smoothly for everyone).

I have some questions regarding my single permit application:
I am a non-EU and applying from outside EU as well. I submitted all the required documents to my employer on Nov 6th through email (they didn't ask me to sent the hardcopy or original) and have not received any news since then. I tried to follow up to my employer regarding the process (whether the application is acceptable/not, when they submit the files, etc), but still no response. This frustrates me to be honest because I don't know the status/progress of my application. But, I kept on waiting.

On Jan 16th my employer sent me an email asking which embassy/consulate that I contacted with so far in my home country, because the Wallonian region asked for that information. They also told me that the process is ongoing that I still had to wait.

I didn't receive any update since then, and now I don't know what to do. I don't want to be annoying by keep asking my employer about the progress, but I feel like I am under the dark zone. I saw most people know when the application is submitted (by the employer), but that is not the case in me.

Can anyone suggest me what should I do in this waiting time? Should I ask my employer/HRD again knowing that this is already in February? or Should I just directly contact the ibz about the status of my application?

Any answer would be very helpful and I hope everyone is successful in their application!

I would suggest not to write to ibz directly as you have just finished less than 3 months now.
There are 3 stages in ur application - File Accepted/Admissible ==> Work Authorization ==> Resident Approval.

By this time your application should have crossed 2nd stage as 3rd stage usually takes 2-2.5 months. So you can ask your employer if your work authorization is approved or not.  Because employer gets notification after your Work Authoriozation is done.

hi anish,

My employer submitted the application for renewal (walloonia) region, the wp permit was approved after 2 months from the date of application.

timeline : (if it could help you)

submission : 20 Nov 2019
Completeness : 25 Nov 2019
Admissible : 7 Jan 2020
Approved : 24 Jan 2020

we cannot expect the same timeline for everyone , it could be faster or slower.

normally your file must be with immigration department for (permis sejour)

@anish,

one additional  point,

normally , during evolution of your single permit application , the employer is notified (completeness , admissible, approved..)

you could also write to regional department to check your  latest status. (i am suggesting as it worked for me) the email - [email protected]

thanks.

alphalimapapa wrote:

Hi,
For VisaD application, will there be any issue if we present a 2-week hotel booking? As I will be finalizing the tenancy contract for the long-term apartment only upon arriving in Belgium. Is a short-term hotel booking acceptable for VisaD application?

I applied visa D at the Embassy of Belgium in Kuala Lumpur. Hotel booking is not on the requirement needed.

I submitted  only the following:
1. 2 application form
2. 2 passport size photo (white background)
3. Valid passport
4. Passport copy all used pages and employment pass in Malaysia
5. Copy of Annex 46
6. Visa fee of 864 myr

karthick_ wrote:

hi anish,

My employer submitted the application for renewal (walloonia) region, the wp permit was approved after 2 months from the date of application.

timeline : (if it could help you)

submission : 20 Nov 2019
Completeness : 25 Nov 2019
Admissible : 7 Jan 2020
Approved : 24 Jan 2020

we cannot expect the same timeline for everyone , it could be faster or slower.

normally your file must be with immigration department for (permis sejour)

My file submitted on 2nd Oct. WP approved 13th Dec. But still waiting for SP.
Where you contacted for status ? Can you please suggest?

Hello Bahirrao:

I myself also waiting for the renewed SP ,
the timeline posted are only for WP, walloonia region is taking quite a time for wp approval comparing brussels or flanders.

Hi All,

I have been informed by my employer that my workpermit has been approved for three years. While Filing visa once receive my single permit,  What should be my end date in visa application ? should it be a year or the period (3 years) mentioned in the permit.

Thanks in advance.

Yes. The end date should be as it is mentioned on your work permit.

deepak.ranganathan wrote:

So the period of stay should be entered as three years ?

karthick_ wrote:

Hello Bahirrao:

I myself also waiting for the renewed SP ,
the timeline posted are only for WP, walloonia region is taking quite a time for wp approval comparing brussels or flanders.

My application is for brussel region and it took 2.5 months for WP approval.

hello bahirrao,

Thank you for your suggestion.
One question, you mentioned that the third stage requires 2-2.5 months, is it from the first submission or from the WP approval?

hi karthick,

Yes, of course! it's enlightening since not many people mentioned their application from Wallonia Region in this thread, so your timeline is very helpful!

Anyway, did you ask your status to regional department by yourself or did your employer do that for you? Is it okay if I send direct email to them? What kind information should I need to present (i.e. Passport Number, Birthday, etc.)? Because I don't have any information related to my person/registration number for my application.

arjunprasad2143 wrote:
Sandeepb wrote:

Could you please let me know what all are the documents we need to submit at RPO to  get PCC.

I see in one of the site, we need to provide Sponsorship declaration form from Indian Embassy in Belgium. As i haven't moved yet to Belgium, how can we get that. Is it really mandatory?

Thanks in advance!!

Which site did you see it? Check the official govt website for details. Check the document advisor in the official website.

https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/Ap … ccPassport

I have seen in below indian website - https://mea.gov.in/police-clearance-certificate.htm. Exact section - Question 2 and Point# III.

anishamr17 wrote:

hello bahirrao,

Thank you for your suggestion.
One question, you mentioned that the third stage requires 2-2.5 months, is it from the first submission or from the WP approval?

From WP approval

ergbalachandar wrote:
deepak.ranganathan wrote:

So the period of stay should be entered as three years ?

In the visa application, i guess you can only give it for a maximum of 1 year.

Hello Anish,

My employer asked for my renewal.

My employer provided me with the application completeness certificate(this one normally was sent to your employer by the regional office) I used the reference dossier number to check with them.

May be you should ask your employer for this details.

Thanks.

Hello Bahirrao,

It's definitely differing applicants to applicants.
Four months it generally takes as far I heard and read over the threads.

It's anyways a black box for most of the cases.

Hi fellas,

I'm currently in Belgium and my work permit is valid for next 4-5 months.

First application to SP of mine took almost whole 4 month to be approved hence I'd like to remind to HR for SP renewal application in advance.
I wanted to ask below questions to have a clear picture about SP renewal prior to reminding that to HR team.

Here are my questions;
    -Is there any difference between fresh and renewal applications in a manner of process length?

-What's the ideal application date prior the end of current work permit?

-What happens if I cannot get SP Renewal by end date of my Work Permit validity? I'll not have valid WP so I assume that it should be illegal for me to work.

-Is there some sort of temporary time/way till my SP renewal application process finalised which allows me keep working?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Hypophrenia,

from my experiance,

1) There are no difference between fresh / Renewal application except the fact that you are already in belgium ;-) and (not very sure) the documents needed are bit different that first time application.

2) for renewal the official websites(walloonia - which i follow) says prior to 2.5 months latest the renewal application must be lodged, but the wise would be atleast 4 months prior, so you are safe.

3) true that , it is very strict (as i heard from some officials) , after the expiry of current SP and if your renewal is not in order(one who are not in possession of Annex 46 and/or 49) should cease their activities. (I am trapped at this situation :-( ) - except for flanders - that region have different approach for this scenario? PLEASE check with the region if you are from flemish region.

4) No fast track or short cut , its one way - have to wait for final approval. check with your employer if they have something.

thanks.

@karthick_ Thank you for reply and the information.
I'm in Brussels region, I'm going to ask to the commune and related government departments. If I'd get a clear information I'll share here.

Single permit.

Application 27/11/2019
WP : 01/02/2020
SP :  04/02/2020

Region Brussels

@srikzreddy,

is your time line correct ?
its just 3 days after the work permit approval for SP ?

wp approved : 01 Feb 2020
sp approved  : 04 feb 2020   ???

thanks,

Yeah.. i have received mail with in 3 days after WP approval.

Even my colleagues whose petition was filed in Nov got  both WP & SP.

@srikzreddy,

good to hear.
fresh application or renewal?

So lucky you are!! Here I have filed in 2nd Oct and WP approved on 13th Dec and still waiting.

@srikzreddy,

hope you guys did not bribe the officers at foreign office ;-) LOL!

still good to know that approvals can happen this fast also !

:lol:

Fresh application

Seems Flanders hasn't issued any permits for the past 2 weeks.

Same was the case with brussels 2 weeks back.

Apology for not updating sooner. Here is my updated timeline...

Submission: 16 October 2019
Declared Admissible:  31 October 2019
Work Permit Approved: 05 November 2019 *
Single Permit: 29 January 2020

Visa D (together with my family) applied 04 February 2020 & expected to collect back our passports on 11 February 2020.

Region: Flanders

* not indicated in the received documents from IBZ; date is accdg to the firm assisting my relocation

Thanks to this forum as this has been really helpful. All the best to those still waiting for their SP. God bless...

By the way, for what its worth, I did inquire status of my SP with infodesk [at] ibz.fgov.be:

1st inquiry on 20November2019 - received response 02December2019 stating that my file is being processed & that the treatment period is between 2 & 4 months counting from the Region's decision (WP approval).

2nd inquiry on 21January2020 - received response 27January2020 stating that my file is received and being processed & that there are 2 periods involved in the processing:

1 is 15 days for the Region to forward the file to Immigration Office upon admission of the file; &

2 is 4 months for the Immigration Office to decide & that this 2nd period can be extended in exceptional circumstances related to the complexity of the application.

I know the above do not clarify some of the doubts but I just want to share my experience.

alphalimapapa wrote:

Apology for not updating sooner. Here is my updated timeline...

Submission: 16 October 2019
Declared Admissible:  31 October 2019
Work Permit Approved: 05 November 2019 *
Single Permit: 29 January 2020

Visa D (together with my family) applied 04 February 2020 & expected to collect back our passports on 11 February 2020.

Region: Flanders

* not indicated in the received documents from IBZ; date is accdg to the firm assisting my relocation

Thanks to this forum as this has been really helpful. All the best to those still waiting for their SP. God bless...

Hi,

I am planning to apply visa for my wife together along with mine. Could you please let me know the list of documents you have submitted for you and for your wife. That would be really helpful.

ergbalachandar wrote:

Hi,

I am planning to apply visa for my wife together along with mine. Could you please let me know the list of documents you have submitted for you and for your wife. That would be really helpful.

You can go through this blog. I found it helpful when I did my Visa for me and my wife.

http://sakhuja-expat.blogspot.com/

Sandeepb wrote:
arjunprasad2143 wrote:
Sandeepb wrote:

Could you please let me know what all are the documents we need to submit at RPO to  get PCC.

I see in one of the site, we need to provide Sponsorship declaration form from Indian Embassy in Belgium. As i haven't moved yet to Belgium, how can we get that. Is it really mandatory?

Thanks in advance!!

Which site did you see it? Check the official govt website for details. Check the document advisor in the official website.

https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/Ap … ccPassport

I have seen in below indian website - https://mea.gov.in/police-clearance-certificate.htm. Exact section - Question 2 and Point# III.

It doesnt say anything about Sponsorship declaration from Indian Embassy in Belgium.

My wife took the PCC September 2019 and she had to show the address proof and passports only. But in india the rules change with different passport offices, so you can show your job contract and write a letter saying that you'll be your wife's sponsor if in case its required.

arjunprasad2143 wrote:
ergbalachandar wrote:

Hi,

You can go through this blog. I found it helpful when I did my Visa for me and my wife.

http://sakhuja-expat.blogspot.com/

Hi, thanks for your response. But the one mentioned in the blog was for the Visa D type with work permit B.

I have contacted consulate yesterday and they told there is no need of proof of stay documents and others as mentioned in the site. That's why I have asked one who submitted for visa in recent times.

I have mailed to [email protected]. be for my unique permit status. And I have received the below response. Could anyone of u pls let me know wat does that mean or did anyone get a similar response.

"your application has not yet been forwarded in your digital file with regard to foreign affairs."