New Single Work Permit Procedure - Belgium

ergbalachandar wrote:
arjunprasad2143 wrote:
ergbalachandar wrote:

Hi,

I am planning to apply visa for my wife together along with mine. Could you please let me know the list of documents you have submitted for you and for your wife. That would be really helpful.

You can go through this blog. I found it helpful when I did my Visa for me and my wife.

http://sakhuja-expat.blogspot.com/

Hi, thanks for your response. But the one mentioned in the blog was for the Visa D type with work permit B.

I have contacted consulate yesterday and they told there is no need of proof of stay documents and others as mentioned in the site. That's why I have asked one who submitted for visa in recent times.

Can you let me know your visa type? from your comments seems like you have applied for single permit, if not please share.

Hello Balachadar,

which means, Either, your file must be under treatment / The region have not yet forwarded the decision to immigration.

probably in treatment.

the info desk people are like call centers and are not people from direct foreign office , they will facilitate you with your queries if they can see any detail about your file on their screen.

May be you know this process: once the decision is taken by region, they send the decision to Foreign office for the next level approval (residency approval).

the transmission might take very few working days. once foreign office receive the file, they might not immediately check your file or could be in the queue for processing (may be your file is just next in the queue).

once they treated it , then it is digitized and available for info desk to see it (meaning the info desk people can see the status). until then you have to think it is under treatment.

hope i explained it properly :-)

karthick_ wrote:

Hello Balachadar,

which means, Either, your file must be under treatment / The region have not yet forwarded the decision to immigration.

probably in treatment.

the info desk people are like call centers and are not people from direct foreign office , they will facilitate you with your queries if they can see any detail about your file on their screen.

May be you know this process: once the decision is taken by region, they send the decision to Foreign office for the next level approval (residency approval).

the transmission might take very few working days. once foreign office receive the file, they might not immediately check your file or could be in the queue for processing (may be your file is just next in the queue).

once they treated it , then it is digitized and available for info desk to see it (meaning the info desk people can see the status). until then you have to think it is under treatment.

hope i explained it properly :-)

Thanks a lot. It really helped. Hoping to get it treated soon.

Regarding the marriage certificate and the Birth certificate for Visa dependent ...should we present a true copy which is issued recently or is it fine to have the original apostatized and to submit it ?

rrg3005 wrote:

Regarding the marriage certificate and the Birth certificate for Visa dependent ...should we present a true copy which is issued recently or is it fine to have the original apostatized and to submit it ?

it has to be the apostille'd true copy AND not older than 6 months by the time of Visa application. For medical certificate, it should not be older than 3 months by the time of visa application.

u mean true copy of marriage certificate and Birth certificate and not the original?that means i need to get this two again from the gov authority?

rrg3005 wrote:

u mean true copy of marriage certificate and Birth certificate and not the original?that means i need to get this two again from the gov authority?

Yes, that was exactly what we did. Actually a little complicated for our case as our eldest son was born in the Philippines while our youngest son was born here in Singapore. So we requested separately true copy of birth cert, had it authenticated by respective country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, then legalized by respective Belgian embassy.

ergbalachandar wrote:

I have mailed to [email protected]. be for my unique permit status. And I have received the below response. Could anyone of u pls let me know wat does that mean or did anyone get a similar response.

"your application has not yet been forwarded in your digital file with regard to foreign affairs."

Check the Government reply in my reply to this thread about my family's applications, it almost says something such as yours:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =4#4781297

Ahmed_Talaat wrote:
ergbalachandar wrote:

I have mailed to [email protected]. be for my unique permit status. And I have received the below response. Could anyone of u pls let me know wat does that mean or did anyone get a similar response.

"your application has not yet been forwarded in your digital file with regard to foreign affairs."

Check the Government reply in my reply to this thread about my family's applications, it almost says something such as yours:

Hi Ahmed,

thanks. But your case is for the visa application right ? in my case it is for the unique permit.

ergbalachandar wrote:
Ahmed_Talaat wrote:
ergbalachandar wrote:

Hi Ahmed,

thanks. But your case is for the visa application right ? in my case it is for the unique permit.

Yes, but I was thinking it was something like my case, as between different department maybe they are transferring diplomatic cases which should be opened and digitized later, I don't know, I was sharing my experience with you!

Ahmed_Talaat wrote:
ergbalachandar wrote:
Ahmed_Talaat wrote:

Hi Ahmed,

Yes, but I was thinking it was something like my case, as between different department maybe they are transferring diplomatic cases which should be opened and digitized later, I don't know, I was sharing my experience with you!

Thanks a lot for response. So u mean, the file has been treated and waiting for digital signature and to be uploaded.

From my understanding the single permit or the unique permit application is done by the employer and the visa application is to be done by the employee.

Dear All,
I am still waiting for my single permit.
Submission date: 05 Aug 2019
Work Permit Approved: 20 Sep 2019
After a long wait, I have mailed to infodesk[at]ibz.fgov.be for my single permit status. And I have received the below response.
"RP granted, since the 07.11.2019"
What is next step? Who can provide annex 46? I have already dropped an email to infodesk[at]ibz.fgov.be and waiting for response. Is there any other way to get annex 46?
Is Annex 46 enough or any other document is also required to get Visa stamping and travel to Belgium?
Thanks.

@shubendra,

Check with your employer if they have received the documents.
Normally, you should have received it by email.
Also write to info desk and ask to send the document again.

Did u check Ur spam ? Might be silly. But have a look

Hi All,

Anyone who submitted in Oct for Brussels region received SP?

Thanks Karthick, No employer is also not received any email. I have dropped email to info desk and received below response.

"Sir,  We forward your request to the relevant dept."

But not getting any details from relevant dept. I have again drop one email to info desk (5th of Feb). I hope they will reply in 1/2 week.

Thanks, Yes I am monitoring spam email as well but no luck.

Hi all,

After followup post 4 months, I got update from my employer that my single permit is apporved yesterday. How much time it takes for getting mail in my inbox ? Any idea?

Hi All,

Update: I just got update from my employer that now Authorities will not send SP approval copies to employees but they will share with consulate.

Employer asked me to proceed with VISA STAMPING.

Did anyone have more info reg this?

Ohh so you mean you dint receive any email,
but happy for you. All the best in your next steps.

Did they atleast provide you with the dates of approval.

AlecArie wrote:

Ohh so you mean you dint receive any email,
but happy for you. All the best in your next steps.

Did they atleast provide you with the dates of approval.

My employer sent me mail saying your single permit is approved today i.e. 10th Feb.
I have WP approval copy with me shared by my employer.

When we collected back our passports with Visa D, we were advised to report to the local municipality in Belgium within 8 days upon arrival for the residence card. As my family & I will be staying in a temporary accomodation (airbnb) in the first 2 weeks before we move (1st of March) to the rental apartment (lease contract is secured), will there be any issue with the municipality with such arrangement?

@Bahirrao,

yes its a recent decision by the office des étrangers that they no more send copies of decision to employees directly.

go to your vfs with all necessary documents for visa from your side, they normally knows what needs to be done (i suppose).

karthick_ wrote:

@Bahirrao,

yes its a recent decision by the office des étrangers that they no more send copies of decision to employees directly.

go to your vfs with all necessary documents for visa from your side, they normally knows what needs to be done (i suppose).

yes its a recent decision by the office des étrangers that they no more send copies of decision to employees directly.  ==> Is it confirmed news/update?

@bahirrao,

I spoke with one of the infodesk people last week for my sp, and they said they recently took this decision - not to send decision by email to employees.

they asked me to go to the city hall directly (where we register ourself once arrived in belgium)

I am already in belgium, so i did not go through the situation you have.

vfs will have more details for you.

It seems that only employers will be receiving the decisions on SP process. Today my company got the SP:
Submission date 28/10/2019
WP 18/11/2019
SP 11/02/2020
Flanders, applied from Belgium.

This was a long process indeed.
Good luck to all of you! Bonne chance!

Lola888 wrote:

It seems that only employers will be receiving the decisions on SP process. Today my company got the SP:
Submission date 28/10/2019
WP 18/11/2019
SP 11/02/2020
Flanders, applied from Belgium.

This was a long process indeed.
Good luck to all of you! Bonne chance!

So you also didnt get any mail ? My SP was approved on 10th Feb..
I didnt get mail but informed by my employer.

I don't believe we will be receiving it at all. eMail which my employer received states that immigration office is supposed to send the decision to the employer only and later employer to forward it to the employee.

Don't forget that I had applied from Belgium, maybe is different approach.

Does anyone with the below timeline received SP ?

Date of Submission : 26 September 2019
Admissibility : 4 December 2019
Work permit approval : 8 Jan 2020
SP : still waiting  :(
Area : Brussels

Hello Guys,

For dependent PCC which option do we select :

1. work permit /Employment visa
2.Long term Visa/stay
3.immigration purpose other than citizenship
4.Residence permit
5.Others

You can select the long term visa.

Hi,

Have questions with respect to documents for dependant Visa. Could you please help me for below points.

1. Proof of Health Insurance: My company has offered me Hospitalization Insurance and I can enroll my wife after joining the office. When checked with my company for the letter head stating that I will enroll my wife after joining office they said Health Insurance is different than Hospitalization Insurance in Belgium. Hospitalization covers once we are admitted to Hospital and Health Insurance covers any Visits to General Doctors and Dental doctors for checkups. Now am bit confused, what to submit as a proof of health insurance? Should I submit the Hospitalization Insurance itself or buy a travel insurance. If we have to buy travel insurance, should we have to buy for both?

2. Proof that the person being joined has sufficient accommodation: My company provides one month of accommodation through AirBnB. Since, the exact dates of my travelling will get confirmed only after Visa stamping, even company is not sure on booking dates. Please suggest, how can this be managed and get the rental proof?

3.  Proof that the person being joined has stable : For this, if we submit my employment contract will that be sufficient or should i also have to provide my bank statement. If bank statement has to be provided, online bank statement will suffice ?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Sandeep

Sandeepb wrote:

Hi,

Have questions with respect to documents for dependant Visa. Could you please help me for below points.

1. Proof of Health Insurance: My company has offered me Hospitalization Insurance and I can enroll my wife after joining the office. When checked with my company for the letter head stating that I will enroll my wife after joining office they said Health Insurance is different than Hospitalization Insurance in Belgium. Hospitalization covers once we are admitted to Hospital and Health Insurance covers any Visits to General Doctors and Dental doctors for checkups. Now am bit confused, what to submit as a proof of health insurance? Should I submit the Hospitalization Insurance itself or buy a travel insurance. If we have to buy travel insurance, should we have to buy for both?

2. Proof that the person being joined has sufficient accommodation: My company provides one month of accommodation through AirBnB. Since, the exact dates of my travelling will get confirmed only after Visa stamping, even company is not sure on booking dates. Please suggest, how can this be managed and get the rental proof?

3.  Proof that the person being joined has stable : For this, if we submit my employment contract will that be sufficient or should i also have to provide my bank statement. If bank statement has to be provided, online bank statement will suffice ?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Sandeep

1. Yes. You need to buy separate travel insurance for you and your wife.
2.  You can take flexible bookings in which you can change the date later or bookings which allow you book now and pay later. I booked a service apartment through booking.com (for which you dont have to pay initially or can cancel later)
3. For me the employment contract was good enough.

Hello everyone.
below the my timelines.
Introduction of the application 15/11/2019
WP 18/12/2019 knowing that there was a document missing
SP 11/02/2019

i'm based in Morocco, and i'll apply for the Visa next week.  i have few questions regarding this.
My employer provided a letter where they commit to cover insurances/housing and expenses for me and my family. does this cover these documents(    Proof of sufficient lodging ,.    Proof of sufficient means of subsistence,10.    Proof of health insurance )
i'm applying with my wife and two kids, what are the chances that we'll get it the same time.
any help would be very appreciated.

ergbalachandar wrote:

Hi All,

I have been informed by my employer that my workpermit has been approved for three years. While Filing visa once receive my single permit,  What should be my end date in visa application ? should it be a year or the period (3 years) mentioned in the permit.

Thanks in advance.

I didnt put an end date, they gave me 1 year for the long term visa coz you will apply for your residence card anyway and wont need visa D.

Which region

Does anyone whose work permit approved on Jan 8th received their single permit ?

Hello Everyone,

My timeline is below,

Date of application: 17-12-2019
Date of Work permit Approval: 20-01-2020
Date of Single permit approval: 17-02-2020

Region: Flanders (Ghent)
It was renewal as I have been residing in Belgium.

Thanks everyone for all your comments, it was really helpful to track.

All the best for everyone who awaiting.
:top:

Anyone else who applied around 15/11/2019 (flanders) and has not yet received Sp