New Single Work Permit Procedure - Belgium

omidE wrote:

Hey everyone,
Any updates from people who've applied late July onward?

No update on SP yet,recieved WA on 4th Sep.

Yea.. its typo...WP approval  - 12/09/2019

Rohit45 wrote:

Hi All ,

below is my application time line

Applied date : 11/07/2019
Admissible : 30/08/2019
WP approval : 12/08/2019 (Sent to me via email by my employer)
SP:  No update yet

Work Region: Flanders
Commune : 1140 Brussels
Application type: Renewal.

SP will take some time as I keep reading on the forums.

Couple of questions,

1. Can I approach the commune now and check for the status of my SP as my WP is already approved or should I wait for any initimation by them ?

2. My current WP expires on 28 sept. In order to continue working before I get my SP, what documents should I have ?

EDIT - My WP expires on 28/09/2019, my 2018 RP expires on 28/10/2019.

Do the immigration office inform you directly about the admissibility? (via email or post?)

Hello!

Here are my dates for information:

Type of Permit : Fresh
Region : Wallonia
Submission date : 13/05/2019
Admissible date : 17/05/2019
WP Approved : 18/06/2019
SP Approved : 09/09/2019
WP for 1 year
Visa D issued in 1 day at Belgium consulate in Lisbon

Do anyone know what documents I need to present at commune in Brussels within 8 days of my arrival? I still don't have a definitive appartment in Belgium, would that be possible to present at Brussels commune if I further live in the wallonia region?

Thanks!
Juliana

Juliana,

Where did they advise you to pick your residence permit card from ?

@Frandalf,

My employer notified me, I did not get any email from the immigration office.

Hi ,
Anyone from late June waiting for SP.

My dates are as below
Application Type : New
Region : Brussels.
application filed :21th June
Admissible date : Not Known.
WP Approved : 7th August
SP : Waiting ( Have been informed by Employer that it might  take 8 to 10 weeks post WP Approval)

Is this really 8 to 10 weeks , as I need to travel by 1st November . So if it is 10 weeks , mean mid Of Oct , that might be very tight schedule.

So ,here few queries please
1. Have anyone got SP approved for application filed after Mid June
2. Is the date 8 to 10 weeks post WP approval always valid or it has even take longer /less time
3. I have also seen cases for the fresh application where applicant had earlier been to Belgium ( had the residence number ) getting SP earlier  ( Like for one applied on 26th June and he got SP on 11th September .)
Also in forum I could SP getting approved in September with application in end June for whom having earlier Belgium Visit . So is this true and for me where I had never been to Belgium earlier , how much additional time does it take for SP approval.

Thanks in advance for your post/answers/suggestion ...

Anjani0803 wrote:

Hi ,

My dates are as below
SP : Waiting ( Have been informed by Employer that it might  take 8 to 10 weeks post WP Approval)

Is this really 8 to 10 weeks , as I need to travel by 1st November . So if it is 10 weeks , mean mid Of Oct , that might be very tight schedule.

2. Is the date 8 to 10 weeks post WP approval always valid or it has even take longer /less time
3. I have also seen cases for the fresh application where applicant had earlier been to Belgium ( had the residence number ) getting SP earlier  ( Like for one applied on 26th June and he got SP on 11th September .)
Also in forum I could SP getting approved in September with application in end June for whom having earlier Belgium Visit . So is this true and for me where I had never been to Belgium earlier , how much additional time does it take for SP approval.

There's an update on DOFI website I posted here earlier states that the process will take from 2 to 8 weeks, this update posted on the website earlier this month, so I don't know why did your employer tell you form 8 to 10 weeks, maybe they are not updated and they have old information, you can try to send them the following link asking about this update.
Source:
https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/FR/Guid … nique.aspx

Hello everyone,

I just submitted my application this week. I learned that the process may take 2-4 months. My current ID will expire at the end of October. So the question is after my ID expires, is there any kind of document can be the proof of my identity? If so how can I apply for that?

Thank you for any information.

Hi ,

The duration of 2 -8 weeks is for the deadline for the examination of a first application by the Aliens Office is 2 to 8 weeks from the date on which the Region declared the application admissible.

Duration of 8 to 10 weeks is from the date of REM approval ( after WP approval)

Correct?

Ahmed_Talaat wrote:
Anjani0803 wrote:

Hi ,

My dates are as below

There's an update on DOFI website I posted here earlier states that the process will take from 2 to 8 weeks, this update posted on the website earlier this month, so I don't know why did your employer tell you form 8 to 10 weeks, maybe they are not updated and they have old information, you can try to send them the following link asking about this update.
Source:
https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/FR/Guid … nique.aspx

Hi ,

The duration of 2 -8 weeks is for the deadline for the examination of a first application by the Aliens Office is 2 to 8 weeks from the date on which the Region declared the application admissible.

Correct?

Anjani0803 wrote:

Hi ,

Correct?

As far as I understand, it's starting from the application being admissible not WP approval, sometimes you get the WP approval after the admissibility not with it!
They stated that: "from the date on which the Region declared the application admissible"

Ahmed_Talaat wrote:
Anjani0803 wrote:

Hi ,

Correct?

As far as I understand, it's starting from the application being admissible not WP approval, sometimes you get the WP approval after the admissibility not with it!
They stated that: "from the date on which the Region declared the application admissible"

Lets hope so !  If so , 8 weeks would be great for me !!

Hi Aneesh

They advice me to go to Brussels Commune.  But I still don't have a definitive address and it might take more than 8 days to sign a rental contract, that's why I wonder where should I go. I'll stay in airbnb temporarily in Brussels.

Thanks for any advice!
Juliana

omidE wrote:
therhapzody wrote:

I consulted a lawyer and I was told that I can continue to work, as I have a work permit approved and there is still a month of validity on my resident card. But, as soon as my current resident card expires, I have to stop working, in a case where Single Permit is not approved before that! Also, my employment contract should also be stopped.

Annexe 15 is not issued anymore according to the new procedure! - so, no luck there!

You won't receive a special status/card after 5 year automatically. I applied for Permanent Residence Card Type B, after completing 5years and I'm waiting for an answer for more than 6 months.

Note: Also, I noticed that the current work permit approval document says that it is approved for 3 years!

Yes, it is true that your contract should be stopped if you dont get the SP in time, my girlfriend had the same situation when she applied for a renewal of work permit early this year and she had to stop her work and contract for a week until the new single permit was issued.
I still dont think you have to leave the country if you dont get your SP in time, that doesn't make sense at all.
I'm currently also in your situation, applied for a fresh SP and waiting; and my current residence permit expires at the end of October.

Did your girlfriend get Annexe 49 as a temporary document to extend her stay, until the SP approval?
Or, the SP was approved but not issued before her previous Resident Card expiry?

therhapzody wrote:

Did your girlfriend get Annexe 49 as a temporary document to extend her stay, until the SP approval?
Or, the SP was approved but not issued before her previous Resident Card expiry?

Her previous residence permit was still valid when the new SP was issued.

omidE wrote:

Hi everyone, very useful forum here.

Here's my timeline:

Region: Flanders (fresh application)
Date of Application: 25 July, 2019
Date of Admissible: No update
WP approval: No update

Anyone else with similar application dates?

Update on my case, the WP has been approved, but I'm not sure about the dates.

Date of Admissible: N/A
WP approval: Approved (date unknown)
SP approval: expecting

omidE wrote:
omidE wrote:

Hi everyone, very useful forum here.

Here's my timeline:

Date of Admissible: No update
WP approval: No update

Anyone else with similar application dates?

Update on my case, the WP has been approved, but I'm not sure about the dates.

WP approval: Approved (date unknown)
SP approval: expecting

Mine is
Date of Application: 30 July, 2019
WP approval: Approved 11 Sept 2019
SP approval: Waiting

For August month applications , any one got update ?
I can see in this forum , July end applications got approval for WP . So August month applications process should start .

ABPadhi wrote:

I can see in this forum , July end applications got approval for WP . So August month applications process should start .

WP should get approved within 8 weeks of the application filed
The SP approval takes longer time

Anjani0803 wrote:
ABPadhi wrote:

Are you sure of that? The 8 weeks is for the whole process starting from the application is being admissible!

Ahmed_Talaat wrote:
Anjani0803 wrote:
ABPadhi wrote:

Are you sure of that? The 8 weeks is for the whole process starting from the application is being admissible!

Actually nothing is quite clear :
As per my knowledge , after application is filed ,WP deadline is 2 to 8 weeks
SP's deadline is 8 to 10 weeks after WP approval/

julianarebolho wrote:

Hi Aneesh

They advice me to go to Brussels Commune.  But I still don't have a definitive address and it might take more than 8 days to sign a rental contract, that's why I wonder where should I go. I'll stay in airbnb temporarily in Brussels.

Thanks for any advice!
Juliana

I am not sure if you need an address proof to get your single permit. It would be good to know actually. May be they give you the permit and then ask you to go and register your address in whichever commune you want to live.

Ahmed_Talaat wrote:
Anjani0803 wrote:
ABPadhi wrote:

It seems that there is no admission date available for the recent application

Hello, has anyone tried to get in touch with the Administrative organs in order to get to know the admissibility day? I've also applied end of August

amac1993 wrote:

Hello, has anyone tried to get in touch with the Administrative organs in order to get to know the admissibility day? I've also applied end of August

No , actually , you should not contact until legal processing times

futuretostart wrote:

Dear Friends,

Update for my application;

Region:  Flanders (Change of Employer)
Date of Application: 12th July, 2019
Date of Admissible: 29th Aug, 2019
WP Approval: 04th Sep, 2019
SP Approval: Waiting for approval.

Things started to move in Flanders after lot of delay due to vacations.

Dear Friends,

Finally received my Single permit today, below are my timelines for reference:

SP Approval: 19th Sep, 2019

This forum has been saviour for me. I hope all the very best to all the friends waiting for their SP approval.

futuretostart wrote:
futuretostart wrote:

Dear Friends,

Dear Friends,

This forum has been saviour for me. I hope all the very best to all the friends waiting for their SP approval.

Congratulations! May I ask after work permit approval, the process of Single approve at Alien Office would be quicker with the applications of those who have already stayed and registered in Belgium than the fresh application of those who live aboard? It just take yours  2 weeks to get the final approve since WP is approved

Hi everyone,

For those who have applied for single permit, how did you get the list of approved medical doctors for the medical test?

EngineerAU wrote:

Hi everyone,

For those who have applied for single permit, how did you get the list of approved medical doctors for the medical test?

You can find it on the Embassy website in your country!

For those who submitted police clearance certificate during the single permit application, did you legalize it at both the Ministry and Belgian embassy in your country? Or was it legalized only at the Ministry?

Ahmed_Talaat wrote:
EngineerAU wrote:

Hi everyone,

You can find it on the Embassy website in your country!

clinics

Thanks

belgium123 wrote:
futuretostart wrote:
futuretostart wrote:

Dear Friends,

Dear Friends,

Congratulations! May I ask after work permit approval, the process of Single approve at Alien Office would be quicker with the applications of those who have already stayed and registered in Belgium than the fresh application of those who live aboard? It just take yours  2 weeks to get the final approve since WP is approved

Not very much sure how Ministry of Home is prioritizing the queue. It might also depend on your Work Permit start date. What I observe now is that, Ministry is quietly doing the processing fast, as in the past the final approval would take atleast require 6 weeks.

EngineerAU wrote:

For those who submitted police clearance certificate during the single permit application, did you legalize it at both the Ministry and Belgian embassy in your country? Or was it legalized only at the Ministry?

I legalized mine from both, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Embassy of Belgium

Ahmed_Talaat wrote:
EngineerAU wrote:

I legalized mine from both, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Embassy of Belgium

Thanks Ahmed. What about your medical certificate? Did you legalize it and where?

Dear Friends,

Region: Flanders (Change of Employer)
Date of Application: 25th July, 2019
Additional documents submitted: 10
Date of Admissible: 18 September 2019
WP approval: Approved 18 September 2019

Does anyone has any idea on how much time it is taking usually to get SP approval after WP approval? Is it based on Work permit Start date?

Thanks

Hello everyone,
Update from my side

Region : Flanders
Date of application : 29th July
Date of Admissible: NA
WP approval: 9th September

In the WP file my start date is 1st October, let's see if the Home Office will approve my SP by that time. 🤞🏻

Tsovinar wrote:

Hello everyone,
Update from my side

Region : Flanders
Date of application : 29th July
Date of Admissible: NA
WP approval: 9th September

In the WP file my start date is 1st October, let's see if the Home Office will approve my SP by that time. 🤞🏻

I wish you good luck! Did you legalize your medical certificate at the Ministry or Belgian Embassy in your country before submitting to your employer?

Can you please help me with a query.

Actually My company has filed my belgium work permit long term 1 year visa for Brussels region.

My wife's company is filing work permit 2 year visa for Sweden for her.

We are looking for filing dependent visa in both the cases which means my wife will be filing Sweden dependent visa from her company for me and i will be filing dependent visa for for my wife for Belgium country from my company.

Can you please advice here if it is an issue if there is overlapping period.

I am worrying as both lies in schengen country and dependent can work in both the countries mentioned?

Could you please advice here if it is feasible?

thanks in advance.

Applied date: 28/05/2019
WP: 28/06/2019
SP: Not Yet
Region: Brussels
Application type: Fresh

Expected date of SP: No clue.

Any predicated date for my SP folks?