Work visas in Singapore

Hello Folks,

I am looking for job in singapore...currently i am in India...can anyone suggest me...is it feasible to come to singapore on a tourist visa and search a job in 30 days and convert to a work visa...please suggest options..

my email is [email protected]

cheers

Hi hellraiser_0303,

Welcome to Expat-blog!

I have introduced your topic as a new thread on the Singapore forum for better visibility.

You may have a look at this article : Work visas in Singapore.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hi hellraiser,

Welcome to Singapore! There is one visa website they claim to provide quick visa service. you can search on Google. as I am new so can't share name of it.

(moderated: off topic)

Hi Hellraiser (what a name!),

It is possible and legal to come to Singapore on SVP and look for a job. It is also possible to convert the SVP directly to a work pass after you found a job.
But it is very unlikely that all this will happen in a month. I have seen people search jobs (even in better economic times) for 3 - 6 months, and you should add up to 4 weeks for the work pass issuance.
Not knowing your background and field of work, I cannot comment on your chances to find a job. But please be aware that ethnic Indians are currently at a disadvantage when applying for a work pass (due to too many abusers in the past). Since you look very young on the picture, let me also mention that you have virtually no chance without a few years related work experience.

Good luck - you'll need it!